Once in a lifetime gone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Once in a lifetime gone

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:54 am

Before the Dipper game I was all in favour of a weakened team against the Rags because in the big scene of things it wasn't a priority. However, after the loss my thought process completely changed and I needed a win against the Rags to satisfy my thirst for some form of revenge.

How things change, eh.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He 100% WOULD NOT if the roles were reversed and it was his beloved Barcelona v Real Madrid!!

How do you confirm that, mate?

I suspect he would because he is not as passionate as we are. If he were, he'd have twatted Atkinson on full time. :lol:

One , because the powers that be would never have allowed him to drop star players against their arch enemies .

Two , because he’s a Barca fanatic and would never drop his star players against his arch enemy .

Anyway , it’s done and dusted - the texts have stopped !

Would he be going up to and embracing the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema or whoever it was who had just won the match for Real?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:13 am

I get you mate.

I couldn’t give a shit about the Champions League; I didn’t think Pep did after he surrendered the first leg so meekly at Klanfield.3-0 down before making any changes, and only using one substitute all game.

I have personally always felt he is a bit Bi-Polar. 75 minutes gone in that first leg, I honestly think he thought fuck it we are already out.

He got home,calmed down, had a good nights sleep, and then thought, you know what life is not so bad. I am going to play no strikers in the derby, rest up KDB and we will win the second Champions league leg 4-0..

He got to half time in last night second leg only winning 1-0 but playing well. But he thought fuck it we are not going to do it, I am going to change from the back 3 that was working, to a flat back 4 and fuck us up completely. It didn't work, we were not getting hammered. so he thought, I know i will take off Silva,and introduce Gundogan surely Liverpool will score 4,5,now.

All jokes apart,I really do think he is a bit out there. I think he occasionally gets frustrated with the team, his emotions become overwhelming and he reacts on them.

One or two of our own fans think it is small minded these days, to want to win a Derby and the League and make history at the expense of trying to win a lost cause 4-0.I say to those fans, no way are you a genuine die hard City supporters.

Guardiola did himself no favours Saturday.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

I cant even begin to imagine how anyone doesn't get it.
I've been so fuckin sick over Saturday that I've avoided anything to do with football, and have only just looked at this thread.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 am

patrickblue wrote:I cant even begin to imagine how anyone doesn't get it.
I've been so fuckin sick over Saturday that I've avoided anything to do with football, and have only just looked at this thread.

I wanted the same it was the golden bullet, up there with Dennis Laws back heel. At half time I was on a par with QPR 93 mins.
This is City and just we don't do Carlsberg endings every-time. Add that to the Spec saver referees of the season we have had, we should be happy we have the points in the bag, otherwise Lazarus might be on the fuckin come-back trail.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 am

I’m probably being a spoilt drama queen but this last week has completly ruined the season for me and I am not sure I can be arsed anymore, I have enough stress and misery in my life without piling football shit on top of it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Wooders wrote:I’m probably being a spoilt drama queen but this last week has completly ruined the season for me and I am not sure I can be arsed anymore, I have enough stress and misery in my life without piling football shit on top of it

feel exactly the same. fantastic season has been completely tainted.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Wooders wrote:I’m probably being a spoilt drama queen but this last week has completly ruined the season for me and I am not sure I can be arsed anymore, I have enough stress and misery in my life without piling football shit on top of it

Got called out for saying the same thing on another thread. Funny how some posters get challenged whilst others get a free pass to say what they like 8-)

Anyway for me last Saturday has definitely taken the shine of what would have been a fantastic ending to an already amazing season.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah, I think you are, mate. ;)

I hope everything else sorts itself out to your complete satisfaction, wooders.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:42 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Got called out for saying the same thing on another thread. Funny how some posters get challenged whilst others get a free pass to say what they like 8-)

Anyway for me last Saturday has definitely taken the shine of what would have been a fantastic ending to an already amazing season.

I merely pointed out that I disagreed, you soft, southern, bed-wetting twat. ;)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 pm

The only thing that has tainted this season for me is the fucking referees!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The only thing that has tainted this season for me is the fucking referees!

And phips is still here :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The only thing that has tainted this season for me is the fucking referees!

And no VAR on the horizon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 pm

sheblue wrote:

And no VAR on the horizon.

To be honest mate, the VAR we have seen here has been shit. Once it's been trialled properly and they get their working practices set, then bring it in with set protocols.

I do believe it will make a difference though, for the chosen ones.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:09 pm

I usually like to think I don't take defeats too hard but last weekend's loss to United still bothers me.

Pep's complete failure to appreciate what a moment it was and how important it would have been to the fans to beat United at home to win the league is a huge error of judgement.

Last weekend was humiliating. We played our biggest game of the season with no striker and our best players on the bench.

This season has been amazing. But there's no denying the gloss has been taken off it with our embarrassing performance last week.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum