‘A’ Double

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ‘A’ Double

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 am

John in all honestly, i don’t usually respond to your threads or posts as I can’t be arsed reading most of what you write as it can be done in one line - then you fill it up with the same shit written differently a million times over in the hope that you can fill Ted’s shoes. Ultimately Ted left because people got bored of his long winded “I know more than you” posts.

It’s brilliant you know loads about our history. It certainly doesn’t mean you’re the only one allowed to have an opinion - hence the question. Thought about becoming a Liverpool fan?

Also, if you think that was ‘having a go’ at Piccs I’d hate for you to step foot in the real world. You wouldn’t last a minute.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Double

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:11 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:This is a far better team than Mancini’s or Pellegrini’s. We’ve dominated the Premier League this season with brilliant attractive football. A couple of sickening losses doesn’t change that.

Exactly. So why have we only won the same as Pellers?! That’s my point!!

You stated you are making a point. It looks a lot like whinging to me.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:27 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:This is a far better team than Mancini’s or Pellegrini’s. We’ve dominated the Premier League this season with brilliant attractive football. A couple of sickening losses doesn’t change that.

You whinging about me whinging. Ironic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:28 am

Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

You whinging about me whinging. Ironic.

Not really
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 am

john68 wrote:At the end of Pellers reign, we had 2 trophies and a squad on the wane needing a rebuild. (Not Pellers fault)

At the end of Pellers' reign we had 3 trophies. Also, I think the squad was starting to wear thin when he arrived, rather than at the end of his tenure, and he just kept it ticking over, knowing that there was no expectation or willingness for him to rebuild.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby sandman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 am

Irrespective of who is in charge or what squad we have any season when we win two trophies will be a massive success, even if one of them is the League cup.

Anybody who thinks differently either has a short memory or cannot remember how it felt to go decades without a pot.

I hate to hear our fans sounding like "them"
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Mase wrote:John in all honestly, i don’t usually respond to your threads or posts as I can’t be arsed reading most of what you write as it can be done in one line - then you fill it up with the same shit written differently a million times over in the hope that you can fill Ted’s shoes. Ultimately Ted left because people got bored of his long winded “I know more than you” posts.

It’s brilliant you know loads about our history. It certainly doesn’t mean you’re the only one allowed to have an opinion - hence the question. Thought about becoming a Liverpool fan?

Also, if you think that was ‘having a go’ at Piccs I’d hate for you to step foot in the real world. You wouldn’t last a minute.

You may be right....only 68yrs and counting in a very real World. :-)

I have no problem with you having an opinion.....but trying to dress up an agenda loaded post as an innocent "I'm only asking a question" was ridiculous.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm

sandman wrote:Irrespective of who is in charge or what squad we have any season when we win two trophies will be a massive success, even if one of them is the League cup.

Anybody who thinks differently either has a short memory or cannot remember how it felt to go decades without a pot.

I’m of the opinion any pot in a season is a decent one. There are three to go round and at least 5/6 decent teams realistically challenging for the said pots. So at least 3 decent teams end the season empty handed
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 pm

sandman wrote:Irrespective of who is in charge or what squad we have any season when we win two trophies will be a massive success, even if one of them is the League cup.

Too right mate some of the " Right of entitlement" comments on here make me sick to my stomach as a blue.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Crossie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:19 pm

The fans of every other club in the country would tell us to slap ourselves for moaning about only winning 2 trophies.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:43 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Manuel Pellegrini and his achievements are being underrated at best, denigrated at worst, and that is very sad indeed.

I think Pellers' achievements are far greater than Pep's thus far. Pellers knew he wasn't in it for the long haul from day one, took a squad that had revolted against Mancini, and which still contained bits and bobs of deadwood, placated it, and got it back on the winning track. Moreover, the squad was ageing, and he was obviously somewhat hindered in the transfer market due to the stop-gap nature of his appointment. Only 32 appearances (including from the subs' bench) were made by players under 25 that season, 15% of them by a guy who is now warming the bench at a club on the brink of being relegated to League One, and he spent a net total of around £75m improving the team from the season before - considerably less than a Pogba.

On the flip side, had we not lost so humiliatingly and spinelessly to Liverpool, and then fluffed our consolation prize of winning the league at home against the Rags, or alternatively beaten Wigan and made it all the way to an unprecedented domestic Treble, I'd be more than satisfied with the outcome this season.

Not sure how much Pellers had an input on that squad. It's true he didnt spend as much as Pep but the squad he had at his disposal wasnt exactly cheaply assembled and didnt need whole change. Dont forget the dippers should have won it that year if it wasnt for their arrogance and fek up in the last hurdle. Pep is going to deliver it with style and by clear distance barring last week's mess. Pep has flaws and stubborness but to think Pellers is at his level is a little bit absurd. Dont forget Pep can also attract the best players more than most managers our there and that can't be underestimated. It kind of reminds of when Chelsea won the chimps league under Roberto, how much was it really down to him? I'm not knocking Pellers credentials but he isnt a category 'A' manager in my honest opinion.
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:12 pm

I think most fans would be very happy with this season if - :
1) they did not have to put up with the biased media and their ant City agenda.
2) they did not have to put up with the recent schadenfreude from rags and dippers.
Trust me, view our achievements without the above and you will be happy :D
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby s1ty m » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I’m of the opinion any pot in a season is a decent one. There are three to go round and at least 5/6 decent teams realistically challenging for the said pots. So at least 3 decent teams end the season empty handed

We are only going to win 50% of the pots we could have won. Tough times...hardly. It's glorious.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Crossie wrote:The fans of every other club in the country would tell us to slap ourselves for moaning about only winning 2 trophies.

Have the fans of every other club in the country got the best manager in the world though mate? Or the players we have? Expectations are different obviously!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Mase doesn't hate Pep does he? Seriously!

To not be happy with 2 trophies and also adding the fantastic football we have played I think is ludicrous.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mase doesn't hate Pep does he? Seriously!

To not be happy with 2 trophies and also adding the fantastic football we have played I think is ludicrous.

Wow, what is it today with people telling me who I do and don’t hate. Brilliant :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:23 pm

It’s very simple to summarise.

We have had a terrible week with mistakes from Pep and the team, and horrendous/corrupt referee decisions. It’s been a real gut wrencher of a week, losing to our nearest rivals stopping us from claiming the premier league in front of them, and dumped out of the Champions League by the scousers.

However, we’ve played probably the best football the premier league has ever seen, we are winning the Premier League with some of the best statistics ever seen by any team in a top league and we’ve also won the League cup. As someone mentioned above me, there’s 3 ‘good’ teams in the league who could potentially win any of those 3 domestic cups. We’ve won 2 of them.

This team will also go down as one of, or even THE best Premier League team that’s ever been seen. Pellegrini’s team won’t.

So we can either dwell on one week that was marred with corrupt decisions, or we can celebrate a truly magnificent season that has been an absolute pleasure to watch. And guess what? It’s only going to get better.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:26 pm

edge275 wrote:It’s very simple to summarise.

We have had a terrible week with mistakes from Pep and the team, and horrendous/corrupt referee decisions. It’s been a real gut wrencher of a week, losing to our nearest rivals stopping us from claiming the premier league in front of them, and dumped out of the Champions League by the scousers.

However, we’ve played probably the best football the premier league has ever seen, we are winning the Premier League with some of the best statistics ever seen by any team in a top league and we’ve also won the League cup. As someone mentioned above me, there’s 3 ‘good’ teams in the league who could potentially win any of those 3 domestic cups. We’ve won 2 of them.

This team will also go down as one of, or even THE best Premier League team that’s ever been seen. Pellegrini’s team won’t.

So we can either dwell on one week that was marred with corrupt decisions, or we can celebrate a truly magnificent season that has been an absolute pleasure to watch. And guess what? It’s only going to get better.

So are you happy with the two trophies or what mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Mase wrote:
edge275 wrote:It’s very simple to summarise.

So are you happy with the two trophies or what mate?

Yes I’m happy. But also happy with other things, such as the amazing statistics we have set and the superb football that’s been played.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Based on this thread's analogy Claudio Ranieri must be the greatest premier league manager seeing he's won it with lowest budget? Sack Pep and get Tinker man in :roll:

On a serious note, he's improving players with potential into the next level. Yes he has spent money but the young players he's brought in their value has soared gradually, investment wise; Kev, Jesus, Sane, Sterling value has doubled thanks to his man management.

You could argue he needs to work on plan B if route 1 becomes unstuck. Next season we'll see if he's learnt from our last three defeats.

We have to be happy if not satisfied with his stewardship. Its too soon to reflect on the season as our main rivals could end up potless, this will go along way healing some of the scars we endured over the last 10 days.
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum