****Premier League Champions 2017/18****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Premier League Champions 2017/18****

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 am

patrickblue wrote:
Chinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Proper goosebumps when watching that ... got hangover from hell so might have to delay the returning bollox until I can focus for longer than 45mins later!!
3 home games to have proper celebrations now!! Will be popping up for the Swansea game this weekend ....

Lucky old Vinny. Proper City fan too!

He could dip his hands in his pocket and buy the Gran in Law some new curtains..... Kind the kids Grandads a rag so fuck that.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 am

To do it last week in front of 3k rags would have been nice but to do it in front of 70+k rags is sweet.

West Bromwich fans singing oh man city we won it for you was a classic too.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 am

Foden and Brahim need two more appearances to get a winners medal. Yaya is in with 7. I think we will see Bravo play the remaining games as he only has 1. It is likely Pep will do that IMO.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:To do it last week in front of 3k rags would have been nice but to do it in front of 70+k rags is sweet.

Was fantastic watching the RAG's shuffling out of the swamp on 80 minutes, largely I guess so they couldn't be seen by millions telly looking all dejected.

The pub is normally full of the cunts but just one yesterday who isn't a regular, he was getting quite upset everytime I called lingard an ugly cheating CUNT and the rest of his team spineless Wankers, that's when he noticed the badge on my sweatshirt and put his head down :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Woodyblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 am

Work in an office full of rags and Dippers. Have been getting shit all week. I went in this morning took my coat off to reveal a full city kit complete with scarf. Really give them shit back. Got bollocked off the boss but fuck him. Well worth it.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:To do it last week in front of 3k rags would have been nice but to do it in front of 70+k rags is sweet.

Was fantastic watching the RAG's shuffling out of the swamp on 80 minutes, largely I guess so they couldn't be seen by millions telly looking all dejected.

The pub is normally full of the cunts but just one yesterday who isn't a regular, he was getting quite upset everytime I called lingard an ugly cheating CUNT and the rest of his team spineless Wankers, that's when he noticed the badge on my sweatshirt and put his head down :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Manchester City clinched the Premier League title with Manchester United's shock defeat to West Brom on Sunday. Here's how Kevin De Bruyne was the driving force behind their success...

"He can do everything on the pitch," said Pep Guardiola. It was December and the Manchester City head coach was speaking to Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville about his team's most important player: Kevin De Bruyne. The Belgian had started the season brilliantly, helping City win 14 of their first 15 Premier League games from his new berth in central midfield.

Moving a player with De Bruyne's attacking qualities further away from the opposition's goal may have seemed counter-intuitive but the logic behind it had already become clear. De Bruyne had provided four goals and nine assists at that point - a higher combined total than any of his Manchester City team-mates.

But those numbers - and they are far higher now - do not show the full extent of his influence. In the middle of the pitch, alongside David Silva and in front of Fernandinho, De Bruyne has done everything. He has helped protect City's defence and enjoyed more time on the ball than ever before - averaging more than 100 touches per 90 minutes and close to 80 passes.

Instead of depending on service, De Bruyne now provides it. "The main thing that changed is before I had more waiting, but now I am more creating," he said in the Sky Sports Match Zone earlier this season. From back to front, Manchester City's attacking play flows through him. He sets the tempo, deciphering the quickest route to goal and choosing his passes accordingly.

De Bruyne's starting position is deeper but it has allowed him to dominate the midfield and drive Manchester City up the pitch. This season, he has made 1,179 passes ending in the final third - 158 more than anyone else in the Premier League. According to Opta, De Bruyne has also been involved in the most passing sequences leading to a shot on goal.

De Bruyne is City's architect, the man at the centre of the passing patterns, and his vision and creativity have allowed their forwards to run riot. Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus have scored 57 goals between them in the Premier League alone. De Bruyne has registered more assists (15) and created more chances (103) than anyone else in the division and his influence is not lost on them.

"I am very lucky because most of the goals come from his assists," said Aguero in February. "For me he's a really special player," added Sane last month, "an unbelievable player with the way he plays, how he shoots and how he passes the ball. It's really nice to see it."

From the defence-splitting assist for Sane against Stoke to that volleyed through ball to release Sterling against Tottenham on Saturday, De Bruyne's season has been dotted with moments of genius. What's even more impressive, however, is his ability to conjure those moments when City need them most.

There was the stunning winner against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in September - one of four goals he has scored from outside the box this season - and when City's form dipped before Christmas, there were decisive assists for Silva and Sterling in the dying minutes of consecutive games against West Ham and Southampton.

"In terms of mentality, he never hides," added Guardiola back in December. "The big players you realise in the bad moments, the bad moments in terms of 75 minutes, we are losing, how you react in that situation. At 4-0 everybody is a top-class player, the important time is when you are in the bad moments."

De Bruyne has shown durability to match his technical and mental strengths. The 26-year-old has started all but one of City's 33 Premier League games so far, with Nicolas Otamendi the only outfield team-mate to have played more minutes. That despite the fact that his new role, where he charges from one box to the other, is perhaps the most physically demanding on the pitch.

Even in the gruelling second half of the season, however, De Bruyne has covered ground with the same appetite. According to Premier League tracking data, he has run the equivalent of eight-and-a-half marathons (361km) over the course of the season. No other City player comes close to that total. Only eight Premier League players have run further.

His work ethic is relentless and so too is his brilliance. Even in games when he does not register a goal or assist, he is crucial to everything City do. Between August and April, It is difficult to remember a single poor performance in the league. "It is not one game," said Guardiola in February. "It's the whole season, every three days playing that way."

Mohamed Salah's extraordinary goalscoring exploits mean he is now the bookmakers' favourite for the PFA Player of the Year award, but De Bruyne would be a deserving winner. He has been the heartbeat of a team which could yet finish the season with the most points and most goals in the Premier League era. And he has done everything along the way.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11333600/kevin-de-bruyne-the-heartbeat-of-manchester-citys-premier-league-title-triumph
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bluemoon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Wasn’t anticipating that we’d be celebrating so early after last weeks shock to the system, but I’ll happily take it with the irony of the scum fluking the derby and losing against the worst team in the league.

There’s so much for us to buzz over, but for me the most pleasing aspect in winning the league is the way in which we’ve played. There aren’t enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe the consistently amazing football we’ve had the pleasure of witnessing OUR MAN CITY churn week in, week out. As a football fan, what more could you want?

Thank you Sheikh Mansour - Without whom, who knows where we would be now. Single handedly changed the face of football in this country, breaking the status quo and causing the evil empire to crumble, all the while doing it with class and dignity.

Thank you Pep - The orchestrator behind the greatest football that English football has ever seen, so so happy for you! More of the same next season and beyond please.

Thank you Ederson - Exceeded expectations and redefined the goal keeper role in his debut season! just like so many of our players they’re only going to get better with age. The two saves at the swamp can’t be overlooked as one of the key points in our season.

Thank you Kyle Walker – Decent debut season for us, although I have a few criticisms, he’s made a big difference to how we play and we definitely miss him when he doesn’t play.

Thank you Nicolas Otemendi – Best season for us by far and looks like the defender we all thought we were getting when he signed. Improved in every aspect of his game this season.

Thank you Vincent Kompany – If Carling did Captains!!! Less reliant on him than we have in the past, but that shouldn’t take away the solidity he provides and leadership he brings when he’s on the pitch. I hope we can get at least another season out of him.

Thank you Fabien Delph - Most under rated player in our squad? No one in their wildest dreams would’ve thought that he would be playing LB pretty much all season and be so consistently good. Awesome player to have in our squad and very glad we didn’t get rid last Summer.

Thank you Bernard Mendy – Real shame he got injured as he looked more than decent in the handful of games he played. A man of the people by all accounts, what’s not to love him about him!

Thank you Fernandinho – Incredible player who runs his heart out every game, and like so many has taken their game to another level under. Reckon we should get at least one more good season out of him yet!

Thank you David Silva – Will go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest city player of our times. Just when you think his powers are on the wane, he goes and weaves next levels of magic, all the while going through heart wrenching shiznit with his baby. So much love and respect for the man.

Thank you Kevin De Bruyne – Produced magic moment after magic moment and pivotal in our success this season. Natural born winner that is one of the few players that truly deserve to be in the World class talent bracket. 50mil seems a bargain now.

Thank you Bernardo Silva – The one signing I wanted above any else last year and lo and behold he came. Struggled in the first few months, but is now showing signs that he’s settled and becoming more influential with each game. What a player we have on our hands, cannot wait to see what he brings in the next few years for us.

Thank you Raheem Sterling – No player should have to put up with the unwarranted hate he gets week in, week out. So proud of him that he’s stuck two fingers up to the hateful, jealous, no nothing cunts of this world in the best possible way. If he gets his composure together in front of goal, the world is his oyster.

Thank you Leroy Sane – What a fucking player we have on our hands. Has produced some moments of pure unadulterated brilliance throughout the season and scares the shit out of opposing players like I’ve seen very few players do. Expecting even bigger and better things next season!

Thank you Gabriel Jesus – Fantastic first full season with us and brings so much more than goals to our team. You could tell from the moment he made his debut that there is something very special about this lad, something almost mystical dare I say it. 20+ goals next season, you heard it here first!

Thank you Sergio Aguero – Many others in his situation would’ve wanted out in his situation, but hats off to him for putting his ego to one side, and contributing much more than goals to the team all season. Would love to see him play alongside Jesus more often next season.

Thank you to all the other players, coaches, background staff as this couldn’t have been possible without you all.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

bluemoon wrote:Wasn’t anticipating that we’d be celebrating so early after last weeks shock to the system, but I’ll happily take it with the irony of the scum fluking the derby and losing against the worst team in the league.

There’s so much for us to buzz over, but for me the most pleasing aspect in winning the league is the way in which we’ve played. There aren’t enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe the consistently amazing football we’ve had the pleasure of witnessing OUR MAN CITY churn week in, week out. As a football fan, what more could you want?

Thank you Sheikh Mansour - Without whom, who knows where we would be now. Single handedly changed the face of football in this country, breaking the status quo and causing the evil empire to crumble, all the while doing it with class and dignity.

Thank you Pep - The orchestrator behind the greatest football that English football has ever seen, so so happy for you! More of the same next season and beyond please.

Thank you Ederson - Exceeded expectations and redefined the goal keeper role in his debut season! just like so many of our players they’re only going to get better with age. The two saves at the swamp can’t be overlooked as one of the key points in our season.

Thank you Kyle Walker – Decent debut season for us, although I have a few criticisms, he’s made a big difference to how we play and we definitely miss him when he doesn’t play.

Thank you Nicolas Otemendi – Best season for us by far and looks like the defender we all thought we were getting when he signed. Improved in every aspect of his game this season.

Thank you Vincent Kompany – If Carling did Captains!!! Less reliant on him than we have in the past, but that shouldn’t take away the solidity he provides and leadership he brings when he’s on the pitch. I hope we can get at least another season out of him.

Thank you Fabien Delph - Most under rated player in our squad? No one in their wildest dreams would’ve thought that he would be playing LB pretty much all season and be so consistently good. Awesome player to have in our squad and very glad we didn’t get rid last Summer.

Thank you Bernard Mendy – Real shame he got injured as he looked more than decent in the handful of games he played. A man of the people by all accounts, what’s not to love him about him!

Thank you Fernandinho – Incredible player who runs his heart out every game, and like so many has taken their game to another level under. Reckon we should get at least one more good season out of him yet!

Thank you David Silva – Will go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest city player of our times. Just when you think his powers are on the wane, he goes and weaves next levels of magic, all the while going through heart wrenching shiznit with his baby. So much love and respect for the man.

Thank you Kevin De Bruyne – Produced magic moment after magic moment and pivotal in our success this season. Natural born winner that is one of the few players that truly deserve to be in the World class talent bracket. 50mil seems a bargain now.

Thank you Bernardo Silva – The one signing I wanted above any else last year and lo and behold he came. Struggled in the first few months, but is now showing signs that he’s settled and becoming more influential with each game. What a player we have on our hands, cannot wait to see what he brings in the next few years for us.

Thank you Raheem Sterling – No player should have to put up with the unwarranted hate he gets week in, week out. So proud of him that he’s stuck two fingers up to the hateful, jealous, no nothing cunts of this world in the best possible way. If he gets his composure together in front of goal, the world is his oyster.

Thank you Leroy Sane – What a fucking player we have on our hands. Has produced some moments of pure unadulterated brilliance throughout the season and scares the shit out of opposing players like I’ve seen very few players do. Expecting even bigger and better things next season!

Thank you Gabriel Jesus – Fantastic first full season with us and brings so much more than goals to our team. You could tell from the moment he made his debut that there is something very special about this lad, something almost mystical dare I say it. 20+ goals next season, you heard it here first!

Thank you Sergio Aguero – Many others in his situation would’ve wanted out in his situation, but hats off to him for putting his ego to one side, and contributing much more than goals to the team all season. Would love to see him play alongside Jesus more often next season.

Thank you to all the other players, coaches, background staff as this couldn’t have been possible without you all.

Thank you, Bluemoon.
Saves me a lot of typing. Agree with every word.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluemoon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Best tweet from yesterday...

bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby budfox » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm still absolutely buzzing. After the game last week I thought it would be a bit of a let down when we were confirmed as champions, but was it fuck.

What a feeling, what a club.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Someone pass the sick bucket and quick.............
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

it’s fine on mute...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bluemoon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:34 pm

What a wonderful world :)

Nice little vid from the peeps at copa90...

Watch on youtube.com

Sky Sports Tribute...

Watch on youtube.com
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

it’s fine on mute...
Is it, they eve put subtitles on the fuckin thing!

Absolute Radio have just played that on national radio!!! Fucking embarrasing at best.

"That's something else City have one, the worst video of the season"
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Had to stop watching that. Terrible lol.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Woodyblue wrote:Work in an office full of rags and Dippers. Have been getting shit all week. I went in this morning took my coat off to reveal a full city kit complete with scarf. Really give them shit back. Got bollocked off the boss but fuck him. Well worth it.

Brilliant
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 pm

bluemoon wrote:Best tweet from yesterday...

I can’t get enough of City articles, photos and the like today.

This is my favourite as well
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

We all have opinions on Kompany when he is on the pitch.

But off the pitch?

Fuck me, the man is a legend. Bleeds blue. You can see what it means to him. Going to the local boozer with five or six team mates to celebrate a title win is the stuff of legend. Great speech as well.

Top man
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum