leroy sane pfa ypoty

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

leroy sane pfa ypoty

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:07 pm

a fucking piss take that he gets it ahead of raheem

a win for the hipsters....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: leroy sane pfa ypoty

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm

As expected, salah pips KDB to pfa poty
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm

CTID Hants wrote:As expected, salah pips KDB to pfa poty

Nailed on certainty.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:30 pm

It's probably for the best Salah wins it. Real Madrid will be looking to rebuild the Galacticos in the summer and the PFA player of the year is the perfect place to start.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 am

Well done Leroy.

I just think it’s absolute madness he can win it when he’s not even been the best in his age group at his own club.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am

IMO will be the worlds best player. Remember Tranny and Rooney look how that turned out. Sane will become a 10 ot more down the middle IMHO. We stole him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 am

Hazy2 wrote:IMO will be the worlds best player. Remember Tranny and Rooney look how that turned out. Sane will become a 10 ot more down the middle IMHO. We stole him.

While I do think that Sterling has had the better season, long term I'm totally with you Hazy.
We've a future world no 1 on our hands.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 am

Congratulations to him, he's had a terrific season.

I'd be weary of Madrid coming in for him. He could be the next tranny and has a lot of similar attributes. I'm sure that's not gone unnoticed over there.

I love the balance he gives the side, although we were way too over reliant on him in the dippers matches. Every single attack went through him so they just doubled up on him.

Next year it's time to take it to the top level Leroy. I'm looking forward to it
Original Dub

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am

Original Dub wrote:Congratulations to him, he's had a terrific season.

I'd be weary of Madrid coming in for him. He could be the next tranny and has a lot of similar attributes. I'm sure that's not gone unnoticed over there.

I love the balance he gives the side, although we were way too over reliant on him in the dippers matches. Every single attack went through him so they just doubled up on him.

Next year it's time to take it to the top level Leroy. I'm looking forward to it

I don't recall us selling our best players since the take over, we are seeking to build and dominate on consistent basis. We are playing sensational football and winning trophies. Madrid are a declining force. Never say never in life but i cant see this happening in near future.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:02 pm

Outcast wrote:

I don't recall us selling our best players since the take over, we are seeking to build and dominate on consistent basis. We are playing sensational football and winning trophies. Madrid are a declining force. Never say never in life but i cant see this happening in near future.

"big club" comes in for player w/big offer. player gets head turned. player sulks until he gets move. player is sold. happens to every club, including ours, e.g. sancho.
Last edited by Sideshow Bob on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Well deserved definately the best young player this season.
But did I see Harry Kane in there, I wouldn't actually describe him as young... eh
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm

leaving aside the question of who was more deserving, i will say that i think sterling would have benefited more from winning this than leroy will. sterling seems to play better when he feels appreciated. leroy needs more stick than carrot imo...could see him resting on his laurels a bit.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby aaron bond » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 pm

It’s great to see a City player win his award. He’s had an excellent season.

But Sterling would have been a far more deserving winner. He’s taken his game to a new level and single-handedly won us so many points.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm

edge275 wrote:It's probably for the best Salah wins it. Real Madrid will be looking to rebuild the Galacticos in the summer and the PFA player of the year is the perfect place to start.

I think they'd likely wait one more season to see if he's worth the money. Unless they cash in on Bale to Utd for big money, which could happen. I think they'd rather go for Hazard though.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Meanwhile very happy we have actually won a player award! :shock:

I know Raz arguably deserved it more, and I think he was more consistent with causing havoc and creating chances for us, but those misses hurt him. XG suggests they weren't that awful, but they are the kinds of chances that stand out to observers.

With Sane, his technique and finishing ability whilst shooting from outside the box and from free kicks led to more stand out goals or even misses (some off the bar). Might also be he is younger so that might have weighed in on some minds.

Can't really be worried that Raz didn't win it as I think it would be his otherwise and big congrats out to LEEE-ROOY!!!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Was it announced who finished second in the voting or was just a winner announced?

Either way, congratulations to Sane. He is a top player and will only improve. Raheem is perhaps unlucky but as they say

“RAHEEM STERLING, HE’S TOP OF THE LEAGUE”.

A winners medal will ease any misgivings he has and to be honest I’d be surprised if he had any and wasn’t genuinely thrilled for Sane to win it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Outcast wrote:

"big club" comes in for player w/big offer. player gets head turned. player sulks until he gets move. player is sold. happens to every club, including ours, e.g. sancho.

Dortmund are not "Real", Sancho never played for the first team hence why he disappointingly fekked off. I understand your valid point though, they couldn't entice Aguero or Silva in their prime. We are not arseholes, dippers and spuds, we have a better 'best' player retention than those rivals. Again, never say never in life, anything is possible, fingers crossed we retain our stars for the foreseeable future.
Outcast

Postby Outcast » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Outcast

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Well done Leroy, at times he’s been electric this season. Some real bright spots on an already phenomenal season!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Well done Leroy, at times he’s been electric this season. Some real bright spots on an already phenomenal season!

This! Sane can be stunning and unstoppable. He terrifies defences in a way Sterling doesn't, which is why his fellow professionals will have voted for him. A very special player who we must keep at all costs. Both have had terrific seasons.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum