Get this Monkey off our back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Get this Monkey off our back

Postby Bear60 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:17 pm

I know this has been mentioned before in another thread , but I finished work a bit early today and thought I will have a pint ,pub full of Dippers fair play 3 of them on on their way to Kiev proper fans the majority of them were gobshites full of we are going to beat Real Madrid blah blah . Please City can we go to Anfield next season and not bottle it and give those gobshites the hiding of their life and the same again at ours
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Get this Monkey off our back

Postby Blue In Bolton » Fri May 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Absolutely this. And it will almost be as sweet as the sick swan!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby City64 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 pm

They are fucking total ignorant scum of the earth cunts mate , living where I live now all these cunts have come crawling from under their stones having never been to a fucking game in their sad fucking lives and wait for it ............ smashing our bus up was the best thing that has ever happened !!!! I should be behind bars now after all the confrontations I have had in pubs and bars with these mindless thick bastards , utter cunts !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm

We haven't even finished this season and already our biggest game next season will be at that dump.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bear60 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 am

Fuck em
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 13, 2018 6:39 am

I really do not understand why we can't win there. Even mediocres, they crushed us every single time.

It dependes when we are playing them. I would want before 15 sept, before the cups start. Go there and crucify them.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 13, 2018 6:48 am

The problem with going to the Dippers is that every time we play there's some sort of ceremony in the background. Hillsborough, Great European Night, some wreath laying event or even just that the candle's blown outt, which leads to the ref's only allowing the game to go one way. And then there's the 'Beating of the Bus', booing at injured players or the inevitable misery of 'YNWA' to bring the watching public to their knees in grief.

Those Scousers have got a lot to answer for and until they take some responsibility, nothing will change because there are too many who pander to their rogue'ish ways.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Crossie » Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 am

There is a dream scenario where they don’t win the Champions League and finish 5th. That would shut them all up.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 am

Crossie wrote:There is a dream scenario where they don’t win the Champions League and finish 5th. That would shut them all up.

It's very much an outside chance but one that I would love to happen. Funny though, how a few weeks back we were in a very different scenario where the thought of Chelsea grabbing that spot was nigh on impossible but due to Dippers poor form there is a real possibility. You only have to listen to Klopp's interviews to see how much it is worrying him, is this being transmitted to his players who, in all reality, don't have that winning mentality?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The problem with going to the Dippers is that every time we play there's some sort of ceremony in the background. Hillsborough, Great European Night, some wreath laying event or even just that the candle's blown outt, which leads to the ref's only allowing the game to go one way. And then there's the 'Beating of the Bus', booing at injured players or the inevitable misery of 'YNWA' to bring the watching public to their knees in grief.

Those Scousers have got a lot to answer for and until they take some responsibility, nothing will change because there are too many who pander to their rogue'ish ways.

We need to do what we did at the swamp when they had their Munich anniversary.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john68 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 am

Personally, though what happened with our bus angered me, I really don't see them as rivals, not now nor next season. If besating City is their major annual success, then so be it. As long as they continue to keep losing and dropping points to lesser teams they will not compete with us over the length of a season.

They are always going to be (like the rags and Arsenal) the media darlings and we can't control that. Nor can we control the idiocy of their moronic mentality.
Leave them to be what they are and we can simply do our thing and improve our own team to remain well ahead of them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 am

john68 wrote:Personally, though what happened with our bus angered me, I really don't see them as rivals, not now nor next season. If besating City is their major annual success, then so be it. As long as they continue to keep losing and dropping points to lesser teams they will not compete with us over the length of a season.

They are always going to be (like the rags and Arsenal) the media darlings and we can't control that. Nor can we control the idiocy of their moronic mentality.
Leave them to be what they are and we can simply do our thing and improve our own team to remain well ahead of them.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I can see the media already shaping a new 'big' rivalry as being between us & them. And it seems some of our fans are already falling for it.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
john68 wrote:Personally, though what happened with our bus angered me, I really don't see them as rivals, not now nor next season. If besating City is their major annual success, then so be it. As long as they continue to keep losing and dropping points to lesser teams they will not compete with us over the length of a season.

I can see the media already shaping a new 'big' rivalry as being between us & them. And it seems some of our fans are already falling for it.

I don't see it as a big rivalry, I'd just like to see us beat them.
Pretty much the same as it was with Everton.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:08 am

patrickblue wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I don't see it as a big rivalry, I'd just like to see us beat them.
Pretty much the same as it was with Everton.

True, true and true.
However as long as they keep beating us, the media will build it up, regardless of how many points ahead of them we finish.

I’m with the OP. The only way to shut this down is for us to give them a regular hiding and the sooner the better.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Return to The Maine Football forum