Gabriel Jesus

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gabriel Jesus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:03 pm

johnny crossan wrote:breaking news!

Gosh, that's an alarming surprise......the reference to Kompany, that is.

Very worrying indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Very worrying indeed.

Its good news for my money. He is a red card waiting to happen against the pace of Mane and Salah
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Very worrying indeed.

Its good news for my money. He is a red card waiting to happen against the pace of Mane and Salah

Agreed NB, but an unfit Vinnie; whoever would have believed that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Sat May 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Didn't look too happy with his hood on during Yaya's goodbye.

Been wondering if he is a bit "unsettled" and it just added to my curiosity. Okay, sure...maybe he was just cold, but weather isn't going to change in Manchester anytime soon and I do have some feelings he could be off to Spain for the weather and "culture" as he ages.

I am backing him to improve next season, and he still does a lot of things that help us win games other than score, but I know some of our fans are wondering about him as well after his scintillating start. He has just turned 21 so I am nowhere near panicking, but I think he's only here because he was given assurances he would play. I haven't a problem with that as it should mean he will only get experience, and I am very much looking forward to seeing him at the WC.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 12, 2018 8:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:Didn't look too happy with his hood on during Yaya's goodbye.

Been wondering if he is a bit "unsettled" and it just added to my curiosity. Okay, sure...maybe he was just cold, but weather isn't going to change in Manchester anytime soon and I do have some feelings he could be off to Spain for the weather and "culture" as he ages.

I am backing him to improve next season, and he still does a lot of things that help us win games other than score, but I know some of our fans are wondering about him as well after his scintillating start. He has just turned 21 so I am nowhere near panicking, but I think he's only here because he was given assurances he would play. I haven't a problem with that as it should mean he will only get experience, and I am very much looking forward to seeing him at the WC.

he's lucky Sergio is having a lie down.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 12, 2018 8:42 pm

PrezIke wrote:Didn't look too happy with his hood on during Yaya's goodbye.

This might sound weird but if he went this summer I wouldn't be upset as I haven't seen anything from him that makes me get out of my chair like the Agueros and KDB,S and Silvas do , Im of the opinion that we could sign a lot of forwards and in our teams play they would all get tons of scoring chances.

Now if Aguero was to go Id be very fuckign upset.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Quality footballer and just 21. We are lucky to have him. Scores goals and his movement is fantastic. Sometimes his first touch could be better but we definitely should not be casting doubts in his direction.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat May 12, 2018 9:58 pm

I don't have a problem with Jesus
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Sat May 12, 2018 10:01 pm

doesnt he always have his hood up in that pink puffer jacket thing? nothing new
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Quality footballer and just 21. We are lucky to have him. Scores goals and his movement is fantastic. Sometimes his first touch could be better but we definitely should not be casting doubts in his direction.

Worst thing about him at the moment is his first touch. Strange, as he is an excellent finisher on either foot.
I like him and think he is the most natural striker we have because he will take the strike on either foot. Too many players we have are totally one footed.

I hope next season he really comes to the fore and he finds his feet in Pep’s system.
Not as an alternative to Kun, but as well as.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 12, 2018 11:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Quality footballer and just 21. We are lucky to have him. Scores goals and his movement is fantastic. Sometimes his first touch could be better but we definitely should not be casting doubts in his direction.

Worst thing about him at the moment is his first touch. Strange, as he is an excellent finisher on either foot.
I like him and think he is the most natural striker we have because he will take the strike on either foot. Too many players we have are totally one footed.

I hope next season he really comes to the fore and he finds his feet in Pep’s system.
Not as an alternative to Kun, but as well as.

I personally think both Kun and Gabriel will be this summer's/seasons Pep project like Raheem was last.... Not sure who we have as forwards coach?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 13, 2018 8:29 am

I think we could do with another striker to take the pressure off. He is only 21 and sergio is sergio so another one up top is crucial.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 am

Dubciteh wrote:I think we could do with another striker to take the pressure off. He is only 21 and sergio is sergio so another one up top is crucial.

Definitely need +1 central attacker.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 am

Gabby is crucial to how we play, his stats for ground covered and closing down are excellent for us in the way we are set up to defend from the front. Sergio is a killer but does not have the same attributes as Gabby, if it came down to a choice of which one to keep, I would choose Gabby.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Sun May 13, 2018 8:47 am

Wonderwall wrote:Gabby is crucial to how we play, his stats for ground covered and closing down are excellent for us in the way we are set up to defend from the front. Sergio is a killer but does not have the same attributes as Gabby, if it came down to a choice of which one to keep, I would choose Gabby.

This. Suggest the people giving him stick just go to a match and watch him throughout. His movement causes all sorts of problems and drags defenders all over the show. He's the reason there's so much space for half our goals.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 am

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Gabby is crucial to how we play, his stats for ground covered and closing down are excellent for us in the way we are set up to defend from the front. Sergio is a killer but does not have the same attributes as Gabby, if it came down to a choice of which one to keep, I would choose Gabby.

This. Suggest the people giving him stick just go to a match and watch him throughout. His movement causes all sorts of problems and drags defenders all over the show. He's the reason there's so much space for half our goals.

I said it above but tevez was best of both. Jesus has time to get there but he is a kid we should be taking pressure off him and a new tevez would be just the ticket.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Mase » Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

I said it above but tevez was best of both. Jesus has time to get there but he is a kid we should be taking pressure off him and a new tevez would be just the ticket.

I'm sure there was a story about Jesus helping paint the streets of Brazil a couple of years ago as a kid, ready for the world cup. He's that young!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:

I'm sure there was a story about Jesus helping paint the streets of Brazil a couple of years ago as a kid, ready for the world cup. He's that young!

not quite young enough to qualify as club trained unfortunately, cracking finish to the season for the lad though - big boost for him - well done Gabby :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby bigblue » Sun May 13, 2018 4:14 pm

World class touch and finish at the end there. What a way to finish the season
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun May 13, 2018 4:15 pm

He looked really upset when he scored...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum