World Super Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

World Super Cup

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 am

Get the fuck out of here

here is a small translation:

FC Barcelona as Real Madrid are among the 12 European representatives that will participate in the first edition of 2021 of the new FIFA tournament, the Super Club World Cup, which would be an authentic Champions in the world. The rest of safe European clubs are Bayern, Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, Inter, Manchester United, Juventus and Paris Saint Germain. Except for the Vecchia Signora all clubs mentioned have at least three European Cups in their museum. The other two teams must leave the group formed by Manchester City, Chelsea, Atlético de Madrid, Porto, Benfica, and Borussia Dortmund.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc ... ntino.html
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: World Super Cup

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 15, 2018 9:11 am

I predicted a few years ago that something like this would happen, although I said it would be in the form of all clubs with 3+ European Cups would get automatic entry into an expanded form of the Champs' League.

Looks like FIFA beat UEFA to it. This could have serious repercussions for the game as we know it.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

If this happens then I'm done.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 am

PeterParker wrote:Get the fuck out of here

FC Barcelona as Real Madrid are among the 12 European representatives that will participate in the first edition of 2021 of the new FIFA tournament, the Super Club World Cup, which would be an authentic Champions in the world. The rest of safe European clubs are Bayern, Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, Inter, Manchester United, Juventus and Paris Saint Germain. Except for the Vecchia Signora all clubs mentioned have at least three European Cups in their museum. The other two teams must leave the group formed by Manchester City, Chelsea, Atlético de Madrid, Porto, Benfica, and Borussia Dortmund.

I must have slept through the great psg period of European domination.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If this happens then I'm done.

With football, City or FIFA?

I cannot argue against it on a legal basis, but it's just wrong. I can't explain it but there's something sickening about the whole idea of FIFA doing this. I guess it's because it's such an arrogant move, brought to you by the same people who brought you the Pre World Cup. And it will further lead football down the route of over-exposure.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I cannot argue against it on a legal basis, but it's just wrong. I can't explain it but there's something sickening about the whole idea of FIFA doing this. I guess it's because it's such an arrogant move, brought to you by the same people who brought you the Pre World Cup. And it will further lead football down the route of over-exposure.

All of the above.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

The history trophy, for those clubs who used to be good but are now too shit to make progress in European competition.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Mmm. It happened at about the same time Bobby Ewing was dead.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 9:48 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Mmm. It happened at about the same time Bobby Ewing was dead.

Chortle.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

All of the above.

I guess 2021 is a good time to get off the train. By that time Kompany and Silva will have left the club/retired and we probably will have reached at least one CL final.

But who are we kidding.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

The history trophy, for those clubs who used to be good but are now too shit to make progress in European competition.

Looking at what's available online, that seems to be exactly what it is: A 2-week pre-season friendly tournament played in whichever country is the highest bidder (presumed to be China at this moment). It's going to hold as much weight as a major honour as the Full Members' Cup. It might have the adverse effect of shifting some of the focus/fanbase of the host country away from Europe, though, which would at least give other continents more of a share of the TV wealth available.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Tue May 15, 2018 11:13 am

The less corrupt competitions we're involved in the better.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue May 15, 2018 11:46 am

It made me laugh that the European Cups are in their MUSEUM. 'itree an' all.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Redna » Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm

No thanks for me.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Mase wrote:The less corrupt competitions we're involved in the better.

We could still be involved, as there are 2 open spots that will either be filled by us, Chelsea, Atletico, Porto, Benfica or Dortmund.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Fifa president Gianni Infantino has pushed the idea since his election and it looks like it will now be going ahead in three years' time.

Real Madrid director Emilio Butragueno revealed Los Blancos were in favour of the proposal, becoming the first major to club to openly back the idea.

And Mundo Deportivo report they, along with United and Liverpool, will be among the sides guaranteed a place in 2021.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Ajax and Paris Saint-Germain are the other teams who will definitely be present.

Europe will have 12 places in total and the other two will be selected from a group which includes Manchester City, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Porto and Benfica.

The other 12 sides will be made up of teams from around the globe.

Legendary South American giants Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos, Flamengo and either Penarol or Nacional will also be included.

Dates for the event have been established. It will run from June 10 to 28, containing eight groups of three teams, followed by a quarter-final, semi-final and final.

It means there will be minimum of two matches and a maximum of five. No location has been decided, but China are keen to become the first hosts.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -cup-2021/
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm

total cash grab aimed at casual "fans". the sort who love tranaldo and think ac milan is still an awesome soccerball team.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Shitty idea. Nothing more than a pre pre season friendly aimed at conning the general public. Hope we aren’t involved
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 15, 2018 1:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:Shitty idea. Nothing more than a pre pre season friendly aimed at conning the general public. Hope we aren’t involved

We were part of the secret meetings with FIFA.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carolina-blue » Tue May 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:total cash grab aimed at casual "fans". the sort who love tranaldo and think ac milan is still an awesome soccerball team.

The pre season tours / Champions cup I think they call it to the USof A will take a hit then
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum