What is your favorite memory as a City fan?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What is your favorite memory as a City fan?

Postby zuricity » Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Musampa against Liverpool is up there for me.

was that around boxing day :-) ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Chinners » Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

1976 League cup final (my first City match)
The Maine Road Massaca
Millwall away 1998, drew 1-1 got out the ground gone midnight but lived to tell the tale
Gillingham play-off obviously
Blackburn away the following season where they hit the woodwork 4/5 times but we won 4-1 with 30,000+ on the hill
Al the Premiership spankings of the rags
The whole of last season
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Chinners » Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

<edit> Double bollox
Last edited by Chinners on Thu May 24, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

zuricity wrote:

That was a great goal. So sweet. I think it was in April on grand national day?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

zuricity wrote:

South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's a shame , apparently Harry Kane claimed it ... it became an ex-musampa :-).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby budfox » Sat May 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Me and my son taking our first trip to The Etihad last season. Treated ourselves to hospitality and we beat Palace 5-0 with Merlin scoring after two minutes.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 pm

aaron bond wrote:I agree with all of the posts above. Lots of brilliant memories. So I won't repeat what everyone else has said.

Not necessarily my favourite, but a great memory for me was Sven's first game when we won 2-0 away at West Ham. We had all these new signings and we were magnificent that day. It was topped off by Onohua's incredible run to set up our second goal.

To me this was the start of when our fortunes began to change. We had a great start to the season and even though it faded out, it led to us being taken over by Sheikh Mansour.

I was still living in the UK at the time so was at this game. Great weather, great performance, great result.

I remember this game fondly too for exactly the same reasons, felt like we had made some excitung signings and with Sven in charge the start of what was to come.

Was on holiday with my brother, nan and grandad, we also won the Derby early in the season with a Geovanni goal, 10 City fans in a pub full of rags on Portugal going crazy getting pissed on Blue Moon cocktails.

Agree with all the memories on here. Gillingham was an amazing day and a great memory. I loved Andy Morrison. Such a shit position to be in. Me and my brother used to love going behind the net that season giving the keepers shit and trying to spot ourselves on granada reports.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:
aaron bond wrote:I agree with all of the posts above. Lots of brilliant memories. So I won't repeat what everyone else has said.

Not necessarily my favourite, but a great memory for me was Sven's first game when we won 2-0 away at West Ham. We had all these new signings and we were magnificent that day. It was topped off by Onohua's incredible run to set up our second goal.

To me this was the start of when our fortunes began to change. We had a great start to the season and even though it faded out, it led to us being taken over by Sheikh Mansour.

I was still living in the UK at the time so was at this game. Great weather, great performance, great result.

I remember this game fondly too for exactly the same reasons, felt like we had made some excitung signings and with Sven in charge the start of what was to come.

Was on holiday with my brother, nan and grandad, we also won the Derby early in the season with a Geovanni goal, 10 City fans in a pub full of rags on Portugal going crazy getting pissed on Blue Moon cocktails.

Agree with all the memories on here. Gillingham was an amazing day and a great memory. I loved Andy Morrison. Such a shit position to be in. Me and my brother used to love going behind the net that season giving the keepers shit and trying to spot ourselves on granada reports.

I really enjoyed the first half of Sven's season too, and probably for the same reasons.
Even the sun seemed to shine at all of those games.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 am

patrickblue wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:

I really enjoyed the first half of Sven's season too, and probably for the same reasons.

Was interested to see the side that day..

Man City: Schmeichel, Richards, Corluka (Onuoha 62), Dunne, Garrido, Elano (Geovanni 80), Hamann, Johnson, Petrov, Ireland, Bianchi (Bojinov 61).
Subs Not Used: Hart, Gelson.

Not a bad side and one that looked like it had few shrewd signings (didn't turn out that way in the main) mixed with academy talent. The Schmeichel vs Hart starting debate too, forgot about that
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Recently,
last night was pretty good.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:

Man City: Schmeichel, Richards, Corluka (Onuoha 62), Dunne, Garrido, Elano (Geovanni 80), Hamann, Johnson, Petrov, Ireland, Bianchi (Bojinov 61).

Not a bad side and one that looked like it had few shrewd signings (didn't turn out that way in the main) mixed with academy talent. The Schmeichel vs Hart starting debate too, forgot about that

That's actually not a bad team at ali now that you think about it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:

That's actually not a bad team at ali now that you think about it.

was it you that described corluka as a rolls royce of a player?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm

No. I was a massive Corluka fan.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby blue b4 the moon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:45 pm

sheblue wrote:5 -1 Sept 89.

Without a doubt.
blue b4 the moon
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum