Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
ian494 wrote:Zurich click and read it, it is a pisstake on the media shits reporting on sterling, it is not click bait

Er , i did read it , i didn't deem it fit to make a link to it because it chose to highlight things about raza in a negative light

Deeming things fit or unfit for others to read has of course proved historically hazardous but Switzerland does enjoy its rules. :D

I have no idea about Switzerland in respect to fitness for purpose,being Manc through and through. As a manc i didn't deem it fit to link to a pointless rehash of data available in other media outlets that even does not say who they are quoting. At least the Beeb does this as Chinners will vouch for.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 31, 2018 7:37 am

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
ian494 wrote:Zurich click and read it, it is a pisstake on the media shits reporting on sterling, it is not click bait
Er , i did read it , i didn't deem it fit to make a link to it because it chose to highlight things about raza in a negative light

Deeming things fit or unfit for others to read has of course proved historically hazardous - but Switzerland does enjoy its rules. :D

I have no idea about Switzerland in respect to fitness for purpose,being Manc through and through. As a manc i didn't deem it fit to link to a pointless rehash of data available in other media outlets that even does not say who they are quoting. At least the Beeb does this as Chinners will vouch for.
You maybe need to get out more in your adopted country zc but I slept a little bit sounder last night knowing you were looking out for us ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 31, 2018 9:04 am

Good piece from the Mirror Here.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Thu May 31, 2018 9:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Good piece from the Mirror Here.

I dont often visit these sites and I remember why, very hard to read it with all the ads, and load of old bollocks about what people looked like then and now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dipstick » Thu May 31, 2018 10:13 am

A bit OTT : "Having missed out on Portugal’s Euro 2016 triumph because of injury he is now ready to show the world why many see him as Ronaldo’s heir with a few elements of Messi thrown in." but worth a read.

Bernardo Silva: from Benfica reject to Portugal's heir to Ronaldo
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/31/bernardo-silva-portugal-ronaldo-world-cup-benfica

Interestingly "Bubblegum" was originally a left back. 'Bet he didn't tell Pep that.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mase » Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 am

Dipstick wrote:A bit OTT : "Having missed out on Portugal’s Euro 2016 triumph because of injury he is now ready to show the world why many see him as Ronaldo’s heir with a few elements of Messi thrown in." but worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/31/bernardo-silva-portugal-ronaldo-world-cup-benfica

Interestingly "Bubblegum" was originally a left back. 'Bet he didn't tell Pep that.

As OTT as people saying Sane will one day be Balon d'Or
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 31, 2018 11:24 am

Mase wrote:
Dipstick wrote:A bit OTT : "Having missed out on Portugal’s Euro 2016 triumph because of injury he is now ready to show the world why many see him as Ronaldo’s heir with a few elements of Messi thrown in." but worth a read.

I think he has the best chance out of all our younger players, but I'm fucked if I ever said he WILL win it.

Name and shame liamo, name and fuckin shame these cunts :P
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:Sane's a future Balon D'Or winner in a post-Messi/Ronaldo world. I'm pretty sure of it. And I'm not implying Sterling is a lesser player, just saying Sane is set to become something really special. And he's ours. (They're both ours)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 am

Original Dub

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Jeff Powell will be dead soon. It's sound.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Mase wrote:

Jeff Powell will be dead soon. It's sound.

Stopped reading at 'moral majority'; I have never known who they are, but loathe them deeply.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Wow just wow, what an utter cunt
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:36 pm

A quick look on the internet and you'll find a picture of Jeff Powell with Mike Tyson - a convicted rapist.

Seems Jeff is happy to hit on his high horse when he chooses.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Mase wrote:

A quick look on the internet and you'll find a picture of Jeff Powell with Mike Tyson - a convicted rapist.

looks like a peado
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

looks like a peado

He's 100% running a paedo ring and was mates with Saville.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Sane's a future Balon D'Or winner in a post-Messi/Ronaldo world. I'm pretty sure of it. And I'm not implying Sterling is a lesser player, just saying Sane is set to become something really special. And he's ours. (They're both ours)

I stand by it. He's got the (raw) potential to go as far as he wants to. He just needs the mentality to go with it. Which I hope he has.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 am

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:

I stand by it. He's got the (raw) potential to go as far as he wants to. He just needs the mentality to go with it. Which I hope he has.

I see a lot of similarities with Ronaldo. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the world cup and in turn, how that affects him next season.

A little piece I found:

Ronaldo made his World Cup debut in 2006 - at the age of 21 - when the tournament was held in Germany and he formed a crucial part of Luiz Felipe Scolari's team alongside the likes of Luis Figo, Simao, Deco and Pauleta.

By that time, Ronaldo was firmly established as one of the most exciting young players in the world, making his mark in the Premier League with Manchester United, and the 2006 World Cup was another step on his journey to the top of the game. Wearing the number 17 jersey due to the seniority of Portugal's number 7 Figo, Ronaldo played in six games as his country reached the semi-finals, ultimately finishing fourth.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Mase wrote:

Not over the top at all.
As a few others have said, he's got the raw talent to get there.
Trouble is, you seem to take anything positive said about Sane as a slur on Razza, with NT following your lead with here, heres.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not over the top at all.
Trouble is, you seem to take anything positive said about Sane as a slur on Razza, with NT following your lead with here, heres.

If we carry on with what we're doing, there'll be many of our players competing for the accolade, nevermind Sane.

How fucking good is that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:19 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not over the top at all.

Eh, what's Raza got to do with anything? Do you work for the Sun ;-)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum