England v Costa Rica

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England v Costa Rica

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Stones and Delph playing tonight with the latter playing on his old stomping ground. Good to see they're playing away from Wembley but who the fuck decided on Leeds!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: England v Costa Rica

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 pm

gonna be watching it. (On TV, I'd never lower myself to go to Leeds, as someone who lives in Huddersfield it would be like watching City play at Trafford Utd on a non-derby match)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:gonna be watching it. (On TV, I'd never lower myself to go to Leeds, as someone who lives in Huddersfield it would be like watching City play at Trafford Utd on a non-derby match)

I bet you can still smell the stench from there mate ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:25 pm

See Lionel scored already. Can almost hear the clamour for his place from here
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:See Lionel scored already. Can almost hear the clamour for his place from here

It was a decent goal actually and interesting to see him play without the Maureen restrictions.

Let's see if this 2nd half goes the same as all the rest under Southgate, when the opportunity change it up and we go backwards.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:See Lionel scored already. Can almost hear the clamour for his place from here

It was a decent goal actually and interesting to see him play without the Maureen restrictions.

Let's see if this 2nd half goes the same as all the rest under Southgate, when the opportunity change it up and we go backwards.

Was talking with a blue just the other day reckons his best mate (also City) is Rashfords Uncle, the family consensus is Maureen is fucking up his game
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Was talking with a blue just the other day reckons his best mate (also City) is Rashfords Uncle, the family consensus is Maureen is fucking up his game

I think he'd do really well under a decent coach, and I don't mean the one that Maureen uses on a regular basis.

Oh, and Rashford's family are Blue? Interesting ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I did hear that when Rashford was growing up he wasn't mad on the rags, didn't particularly like them. Might make sense if his uncle is a City fan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Great goal from rasshi but I can't help but point out since then he's run down blind alleys time after time and probably lost the ball more than any other player.

According to noddle, and enivitably, that makes him the man of the match.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Great goal from rasshi but I can't help but point out since then he's run down blind alleys time after time and probably lost the ball more than any other player.

He's looked dangerous and has had a couple of decent moves but he's not done that much apart from the goal. As mentioned prior, he needs a proper coach to bring him on and teach him not to try and win it on his own.

Without Blue tints I think Delph has players really well and does bring something to this squad, if not team. He has a better all-round game than Dyer or Henderson bit the worry will always be if he can finish a game. Or is that unfair?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Also thought Loftus-Cheek played well.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Rashford - "Star of the show........."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dixon, Wright Hoddle, Crimson Clive - all want Rashford in for Sterling now
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Great goal from rasshi but I can't help but point out since then he's run down blind alleys time after time and probably lost the ball more than any other player.

He's looked dangerous and has had a couple of decent moves but he's not done that much apart from the goal. As mentioned prior, he needs a proper coach to bring him on and teach him not to try and win it on his own.

Without Blue tints I think Delph has players really well and does bring something to this squad, if not team. He has a better all-round game than Dyer or Henderson bit the worry will always be if he can finish a game. Or is that unfair?

Delph is class but not much creativity. No different than dier to be honest. Could easily do a job.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:06 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Rashford - "Star of the show........."

Might not be a bad thing. Do not want to see raheem scape goat again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 pm

It's very typical that they'd go for a player that looks exciting rather than a player who has proved it at the top level. Personally I'd like to see Sterling coming off the bench, purely for selfish reasons, but I think he is intrinsic to Southgate's plans; and rightly so.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm

ITV pushing Soutgate for Rashford to start, Southgate staying non-committal.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

It's very typical that they'd go for a player that looks exciting rather than a player who has proved it at the top level. Personally I'd like to see Sterling coming off the bench, purely for selfish reasons, but I think he is intrinsic to Southgate's plans; and rightly so.

Post match interview - just Sterling out Rashford in ???? - rinse and repeat
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Delph is class but not much creativity. No different than dier to be honest. Could easily do a job.

But he can do that. Look at where the 3 of them have played, they're not there to be the creative player but to be the anchor. Out of the 3, Dier is the worst for creativity andassing whereas Henderson and Delph are probably equal, in different areas though. However, Delph has the capacity to do more whereas Henderson is at his limit.

One thing I have noticed lately is that the majority of City players make that extra time on the ball. They take responsibility and look for the right pass, not the easiest for them. Guardiola?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

But he can do that. Look at where the 3 of them have played, they're not there to be the creative player but to be the anchor. Out of the 3, Dier is the worst for creativity andassing whereas Henderson and Delph are probably equal, in different areas though. However, Delph has the capacity to do more whereas Henderson is at his limit.

One thing I have noticed lately is that the majority of City players make that extra time on the ball. They take responsibility and look for the right pass, not the easiest for them. Guardiola?

I think that's definately Guardiola, it's down to how they've trained. Hopefully Southgate knows it, since he seems to be implementing a 'Guardiola mark 2' style to a young England (and it would make sense to include as many City players aas possible).
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I think that's definately Guardiola, it's down to how they've trained. Hopefully Southgate knows it, since he seems to be implementing a 'Guardiola mark 2' style to a young England.

I actually like what he's trying to achieve but am a little torn as to whether he's got the character to pull it off. It reminds me of a Pep version -1.0, able to put it into practice but not able to do change the set-up subtley to counter the opposition.

We'll see though. I don't have any expectations so whatever we do, it will be sent as a stepping stone to a young teams development.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum