raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Hazy2 decreed earlier that Raheem is off to RM I believe NT......

hilarious!

Thought he was a chelski keeper at some point?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:41 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Hazy2 decreed earlier that Raheem is off to RM I believe NT......

hilarious!

Thought he was a chelski keeper at some point?

You need to Cech your facts!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:27 am

Stephen Tudor, take a bow son. Brilliant piece.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier ... disgusting
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 am

Original Dub wrote:Stephen Tudor, take a bow son. Brilliant piece.

"This season in the league alone he has scored more than Romelu Lukaku and Roberto Firmino and considerably more than Alexandre Lacazette and Alvaro Morata. He has scored twice the amount of Alexis Sanchez. He can’t finish though. That’s what they say, bitter and racist."

No more needs to be said.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon May 14, 2018 7:02 pm

I think it's fair to make a comparison between David Silva's finishing and Raheem's. When Silva got here he was terrible in front of goal. Or rather, he'd score an absolute peach one week and then miss an open goal another week. For example, had he just kept his angle down, it would've been him and not Yaya who opened the scoring against Stoke on Wembley in 2011.

But Silva's finishing has gotten a lot better with time. A lot better. TO a certain extent I think that players who waste good goal scoring opportunities will always do that because it's something that can't be trained away. But it's way too soon to say anything definitive about Sterling because he's very young.

And even if he didn't improve, he's already very good at scoring goals. You don't get perfect players. MOst often anyway, there are only so many Messis. All players are, even the very best ones, flawed in some respect. I can definitely live with Sterling missing a few sitters when considering what he brings to the team.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Stephen Tudor, take a bow son. Brilliant piece.

"This season in the league alone he has scored more than Romelu Lukaku and Roberto Firmino and considerably more than Alexandre Lacazette and Alvaro Morata. He has scored twice the amount of Alexis Sanchez. He can’t finish though. That’s what they say, bitter and racist."

No more needs to be said.

How does Raheem respond to this small-minded imbecility? He scores goals. He sticks his tush out and dangles his arms like a baby t-rex and sprints into dangerous areas to convert 23 across all competitions.

This quote was better!
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 am

Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 am

City 'poles apart' from Sterling's agent Aidy Ward on a new wage deal.
Not encouraging, maybe he's been listening to his Uncle Yaya - if he has and is getting greedy - just get rid

Very poor PR for both club and player, this stand off has been going on for a while. Sky currently crawling all over it followed by the rest of the rag parasite media before long no doubt https://news.sky.com/story/raheem-sterl ... t-11402271
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Usual bluffing game, a deal will be done.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:24 pm

sheblue wrote:Usual bluffing game, a deal will be done.

exactly. he's playing for the best team in the world. and he knows it.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Sterling said months ago that he would deal with the contract after the world cup, which is fair enough.

i doubt he is naive enough to look for parity with KDB. If he does look for it, then we should just get rid as there is no point in forcing him to accept a contract well below what he thinks he is worth. he will just stink the place out
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:11 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Sterling said months ago that he would deal with the contract after the world cup, which is fair enough.

i doubt he is naive enough to look for parity with KDB. If he does look for it, then we should just get rid as there is no point in forcing him to accept a contract well below what he thinks he is worth. he will just stink the place out

So did Sol Campbell......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Rupert Murdoch's poison-spreading media in spreading poison shocker.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I’m sure it’ll be sorted after the World Cup. If it’s not, he still has 2 years left on his deal so he’s not leaving any time soon.

A deal hasn’t been reached before the World Cup so obviously talks will be pushed back a month. That’s logical. It’s just the media putting a Sterling story as the headline because it’ll get plenty of hits online.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Merson is backing him to win the golden boot at the world cup.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 pm

aaron bond wrote:I’m sure it’ll be sorted after the World Cup. If it’s not, he still has 2 years left on his deal so he’s not leaving any time soon.

A deal hasn’t been reached before the World Cup so obviously talks will be pushed back a month. That’s logical. It’s just the media putting a Sterling story as the headline because it’ll get plenty of hits online.

Sterling has already said that he will conduct this business after the WC, just the same as Jesus stated, to allow them to concentrate on the game in front of them.

But once again, the British media need their clicks and put unwanted attention on players. The media don't want an England win, or them to do well, they want to keep the country miserable and clicking their negative hate filled bile.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Scatman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:I’m sure it’ll be sorted after the World Cup. If it’s not, he still has 2 years left on his deal so he’s not leaving any time soon.

Sterling has already said that he will conduct this business after the WC, just the same as Jesus stated, to allow them to concentrate on the game in front of them.

But once again, the British media need their clicks and put unwanted attention on players. The media don't want an England win, or them to do well, they want to keep the country miserable and clicking their negative hate filled bile.

Can't you be a bit more positive?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby edge275 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Who’s your ‘cunt mate’?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Sterling said months ago that he would deal with the contract after the world cup, which is fair enough.

I remember him saying this - surely there are quotes out there (I'm too lazy to do it myself)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm

edge275 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Who’s your ‘cunt mate’?

We didn't get to find out, I think it was a case of mistaken identity ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum