raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:BBC are running a 'Rashford or Sterling - have your say' page...

I don't imagine it's going Raz's way; at least he's still top of the league.

Most sensible blues ignore those Salford infested arseholes these days, so our vote share is probably low.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:51 am

Dameerto wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:BBC are running a 'Rashford or Sterling - have your say' page...

I don't imagine it's going Raz's way; at least he's still top of the league.

Most sensible blues ignore those Salford infested arseholes these days, so our vote share is probably low.

Not sure if BBC or ITV but there was a point yesterday when they were to preview today's game which started with a opening sequence of Rashford scoring a goal in a previous game, followed by Raheem missing the offside chance in the last game, finishing with Kane scoring the brace. After the Raheem non-miss, because it wasn't even a chance as Lingard had played the ball whilst offside, I was expecting a few other misses, such as the few from Lingard which were real chances, but no, nothing, nada, fuck all. That little sequence said all you needed to know about how Raheem is being targeted, and it stinks.

I suppose it could just be talking points but if that's the case, Raheem doesn't even play in Rashford's space so why choose between them; why not Rashford for Lingard? The answer is, it's not about a choice from the media/certain pundits, it's simply about not having Raheem in the team, full-stop, which once again brings us back to the Dipper hate campaign which the 'Little Englanders' dived on to.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:00 am

Natalie Pirks live from Nizhny Novgorod on BBC Breakfast -

"Dele is injured but it looks like they are going to pick Sterling despite the fact he hasn't scored for England for 21 matches"

What with her and Rashford groupie Sally Nugent on his case Raz has his work cut out..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:14 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

"Dele is injured but it looks like they are going to pick Sterling despite the fact he hasn't scored for England for 21 matches"

What with her and Rashford groupie Sally Nugent on his case Raz has his work cut out..

Well let's hope Raza scores to ram it down her throat , as they say.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 am

She looks like Lady Gaga, if Lady Gaga was playing a character from the film Witches and it was the scene where they take their disguises off.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

Is that true that he hasnt scored in 21 games? I did read somewhere he only has 2 goals for England as well. Being brutally honest these are not good stats for the lad. Obviously there are other factors at play but i can understand fans frustration. I was the same with John Barnes in the 80s. Brilliant for the dippers yet strangely subdued when playing for England
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 am

BBC main story 'Sterling to start against Panama'

FUCK OFF!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 am

City bashing ended for a while. It's now Ruin Raheem. It is a disgrace. If we was still at Liarrpool it would not be happening.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:41 am

Did I read correctly on here during the season that Raza had a better conversation rate than Sergio last season? FIBD?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 am

Mase wrote:Did I read correctly on here during the season that Raza had a better conversation rate than Sergio last season? FIBD?

I was looking at something the other day, that goal scoring opportunities thing and they had him 3rd for conversion ratio,band 5th for something other. They weren't bad stats across the league, and especially for a wide right.

As we know though, stats can be manipulated to suit, that's why these never get mentioned.

Nobody mentioned the excellent build-up play that Raheem produced on Monday either, even though they showed it again and again. They chose to mention Lingard instead.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Mase wrote:Did I read correctly on here during the season that Raza had a better conversation rate than Sergio last season? FIBD?

He did at around the halfway point in the season but he fell back a bit in the second half

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't think Southgate will drop Sterling 'just' because he doesn't score, he's using him as a decoy for Kane to drag defenders around and create space. (and Sterling's experience under Pep means he's anticipating things much better than the Rag/Spurs players.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:I don't think Southgate will drop Sterling 'just' because he doesn't score, he's using him as a decoy for Kane to drag defenders around and create space. (and Sterling's experience under Pep means he's anticipating things much better than the Rag/Spurs players.

Food for thought mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Dameerto wrote:I don't think Southgate will drop Sterling 'just' because he doesn't score, he's using him as a decoy for Kane to drag defenders around and create space. (and Sterling's experience under Pep means he's anticipating things much better than the Rag/Spurs players.

Was about to post something similarly.

What observers don't realise is that Raheem creates constant problems for the defence, even if he doesn't score. His influence on the attacking end is constant, as he rarely disappears, works his arse off to get involved, and makes highly intelligent runs that can be "dummies" to create space for other attackers.

Sterling is also quite strong and can hold up, or win those battles for the ball on the ground against anyone other than the largest centre halves for the most part, which is common because he usually gets to the ball first due to his pace.

Rashford, maybe is technically stronger as a finisher and more composed in those sitatuions, but he is more invisible and doesn't create as much as Raheem who makes defenders panic far more.

One observation I've wondered about is that due to the makeup of Raheem's body -- similar to why I think Yaya's physical size as he aged caused him problems with workrate. Sterling is a bit stocky and jittery in his motions, rather than smooth like Lingard and Rashford. I wonder if that plays a role in his finishing, because you have to be smoother to have good technique, but that also makes the other two more deliberate and slower compared to Raz who utilises that jittery style to good effect rapidly winning the ball or making quick movements that defenders struggle to follow.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 pm

He's top of the league ....

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 am

Clear assist for Lindegards goal.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 am

PrezIke wrote:

Was about to post something similarly.

What observers don't realise is that Raheem creates constant problems for the defence, even if he doesn't score. His influence on the attacking end is constant, as he rarely disappears, works his arse off to get involved, and makes highly intelligent runs that can be "dummies" to create space for other attackers.

Sterling is also quite strong and can hold up, or win those battles for the ball on the ground against anyone other than the largest centre halves for the most part, which is common because he usually gets to the ball first due to his pace.

Rashford, maybe is technically stronger as a finisher and more composed in those sitatuions, but he is more invisible and doesn't create as much as Raheem who makes defenders panic far more.

One observation I've wondered about is that due to the makeup of Raheem's body -- similar to why I think Yaya's physical size as he aged caused him problems with workrate. Sterling is a bit stocky and jittery in his motions, rather than smooth like Lingard and Rashford. I wonder if that plays a role in his finishing, because you have to be smoother to have good technique, but that also makes the other two more deliberate and slower compared to Raz who utilises that jittery style to good effect rapidly winning the ball or making quick movements that defenders struggle to follow.

Agree largely but one thing Rashford is NOT is a good finisher. His record shows that. He also runs well and creates panic but often lacks composure with the final pass or shot.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:05 am

raheem has been nowhere near as good as he is for us. not sure what the issue is. quality of the england squad? the role he’s being to play? confidence? all 3?
i’d give rashford a go vs belgium - if he’s brilliant it’s a bonus for england, if he’s crap then it be time for raheem’s many critics to eat their words.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:23 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:raheem has been nowhere near as good as he is for us. not sure what the issue is. quality of the england squad? the role he’s being to play? confidence? all 3?
i’d give rashford a go vs belgium - if he’s brilliant it’s a bonus for england, if he’s crap then it be time for raheem’s many critics to eat their words.

I was with you until the last bit????
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am

The fat Leeds cunt in the office this morning started regurgitating the media ballocks on Raheem, me and the lass who's a ST at Tottenham told him to fuck off and not join in football conversations ever again until he knows what the fuck he's talking about the fat fucking bald yorkshire cunt.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum