Welcome Riyad Mahrez.....26

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez.....

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:16 am

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:The last Algerian player to star for City was Ali Bernabia , what a fucking player he was ! If Mahrez is half as good as him we have some player !

Obviously this info goes over the head of spurs fans on here or half n half spurs / city scarf wearers .

ali b? never heard of him. was he pre 'arab' money??

Pre ENIC International / Joe Lewis money .
Manchester is up north , cant miss it , its fucking massive !

no idea what you're on about pal. only started taking an interest in football when england got to the world cup semi.

anyway....how's that honeymoon going? must be amazing if you're trolling me on here. i'll give it a year....

Awww .
Only Ali G you know are the weird cunts on Tottenham Court Road .......

come again?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Mahrez.....

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:18 am

So, when the Filth start going on about spending just remind them that Mahrez is our new record signing, evenbinbthis climate he's half the cost of a Pogba, two thirds the cost of a Lukaku, and still cheaper than the flop that is Di Maria.

Buying the league, pfffff, we win it on the cheap compared to others.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Welcome Riyadh Mahrez.....26

Postby Outcast » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am

Mase wrote:More "Arab money" racist comments on social media.

How the fuck are people allowed to get away with being so openly racist?

Having Arab roots myself it don't bother me, the irony some of these comments come from ethnics such as Indians and Africans whom never been to England. The other irony local fuckwitts dont mind arab money when its pumped into british economy in zillions, its never questioned especially when it creates British jobs. Do you think Rolls Royce questions money source when Arabs order billions ££££ worth of aircraft engines or the imvestments in London?

The worst one is Spuds, just to be clear a section of their fans; wasn't that long they crawled into this country in banana boats during second world war. The irony alot of these plastics like to dish derogatory racist insults but cant take shit back, the funny part is you cant say nowt about blacks, Asians, Jews, only Arabs are the exception, oh unless you play for their club then its ok.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:More "Arab money" racist comments on social media.

How the fuck are people allowed to get away with being so openly racist?

Having Arab roots myself it don't bother me, the irony some of these comments come from ethnics such as Indians and Africans whom never been to England. The other irony local fuckwitts dont mind arab money when its pumped into british economy in zillions, its never questioned especially when it creates British jobs. Do you think Rolls Royce questions money source when Arabs order billions ££££ worth of aircraft engines or the imvestments in London?

The worst one is Spuds, just to be clear a section of their fans; wasn't that long they crawled into this country in banana boats during second world war. The irony alot of these plastics like to dish derogatory racist insults but cant take shit back, the funny part is you cant say nowt about blacks, Asians, Jews, only Arabs are the exception, oh unless you play for their club then its ok.

No you can't.

The point is half of these morons are so thick they think our only income is the Sheik putting his hand in his back pocket every summer. Part of them because it suits them, the rest are just plain stupid

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 am

Great news another key who can unlock the back 10s.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:27 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:51 pm

thank god we changed this topic's title to "Welcome RIyad Mahrez" so when he looks at this forum he will feel welcome.
I'm also loving that we managed to spell his name correctly too. phew.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:36 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

He can't help it, the fucker just can't.
I really hope he gets fit and plays as he did at Monaco.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm

PeterParker wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

The only connection to world class are his tweets.

Hes done the square root of FUCKALL as far as football is concerned and he needs to show us, that after a year of earning a huge salary for doing fuckall , he needs to put the hard work in and make that left hand side his position for the next season....maybe then, and only then ,can I laugh at his comical side.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby s1ty m » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Hes done the square root of FUCKALL as far as football is concerned and he needs to show us, that after a year of earning a huge salary for doing fuckall , he needs to put the hard work in and make that left hand side his position for the next season....maybe then, and only then ,can I laugh at his comical side.

I completely agree. Also, why would he need a holiday after the final? He's played a half.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

You sure you not having a foggy memory mate?

Bendy was starting to look like a beast for us before his injury. I was very concerned when he picked up the injury in the first game away against Utd (I think), but Delphino stepped up his game.

Now, most who recover from ACL injuries lose pace so it is a bit of a ? still as to whether he will be the same player, and is a legit concern regardless of how much I like him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

You sure you not having a foggy memory mate?

Bendy was starting to look like a beast for us before his injury. I was very concerned when he picked up the injury in the first game away against Utd (I think), but Delphino stepped up his game.

Now, most who recover from ACL injuries lose pace so it is a bit of a ? still as to whether he will be the same player, and is a legit concern regardless of how much I like him.

Hes been out of action (Not Twitter ) for almost a year -

Im not writing him off in any way, what I would like is for him to give social media a rest and convince us on the pitch , for us or for France...well....maybe not France.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 pm

phips wrote:thank god we changed this topic's title to "Welcome RIyad Mahrez" so when he looks at this forum he will feel welcome.

I speak Spanish. I admire people who have learned Arabic as I haven't had the time

Thanks for the advice and congrats on the Arabic letters understanding
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:
phips wrote:thank god we changed this topic's title to "Welcome RIyad Mahrez" so when he looks at this forum he will feel welcome.

I speak Spanish. I admire people who have learned Arabic as I haven't had the time

I've got a decent understanding (they told me so with 2 across the board), but I still don't understand Phips.

I lie, I do, and as he sees it you've all done him wrong and he needs to react.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 am

john@staustell wrote:

thanks! i appreciate it.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: Welcome Riyad Mahrez.....26

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 am

I think that the system City employ at least in the attack is one where players can slot in and out a bit like slightly different Lego pieces.

So i don't see why a strategy in all games could not be to change the line up through the game, we tend to look to do that when we are not breaking down oppo or a player is rested a bit - from 70mins mark. But if we have a whole range of players that are nearly equally good but slightly different qualities then swapping them out at HT or whatever seems a potential strategy to further confuse and annoy defences.

Mahrez is pretty direct so he is a feather in the attacking bow, if we dont look at it as a typical either this player or that competition, but as simply as the potential to further fuck up defences mid game then i think we are onto a winner and he is going to be a great addition.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote: what I would like is for him to give social media a rest and convince us on the pitch , for us or for France...well....maybe not France.

That isn't going to happen. It's something the club wants him to do and encourages. They see it as a great marketing tool. It's a way for them to connect with the younger generation.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby littlebig » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:44 pm

This lad is going to be mint for us. Just what we need, direct, pacy and takes his man on
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:09 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote: what I would like is for him to give social media a rest and convince us on the pitch , for us or for France...well....maybe not France.

That isn't going to happen. It's something the club wants him to do and encourages. They see it as a great marketing tool. It's a way for them to connect with the younger generation.

Best paid Twitter user in the world of football.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Best paid Twitter user in the world of football.

I'm looking forward to seeing him this season, he'll be like a new signing.

A quite remarkable stat from premierleague.com:

"The statistics highlight his attacking potential.

In only 361 minutes, Mendy created nine goalscoring chances and fired five shots on goal.

And despite such limited pitch time, his eight successful open-play crosses were bettered by only two team-mates: Kevin De Bruyne, with 14, and Leroy Sane, nine."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum