City TV?? (TV not web)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City TV?? (TV not web)

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm

https://mancitysquare.com/2018/08/02/ma ... v-channel/

This week, a Manchester City fan came across a channel on an electronic satellite programme guide, which suggested Channel 286 had been set aside for a Man City TV Channel, although no content could be accessed.
The channel was located through a streaming box but it seemed clear the channel bandwidth had been clearly identified and labelled as Manchester City.

The discovery prompted much debate on social media as fans discussed this potentially exciting development.

Many Manchester City fans spent time searching for the channel across more standard TV devices such as Freeview, Virgin and Sky but have so far been unable to unearth the channel.

However the debate and interest generated by the possibility suggests there is a huge demand amongst fans for a dedicated TV channel.

To date Manchester City has been one of the most rapidly growing fan-bases in world football and the club have lead a free to air media strategy based around a YouTube channel.

Frequent posts to YouTube and its 1 million subscribers were cross marketed through Instagram and Twitter accounts – backed up by individual player accounts and a range of official club accounts.

There has also been a significant growth in fan TV as well and currently there are several good quality options available on YouTube such as Ian Cheeseman, ManCity Fan TV and Esteemed Kompany
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: City TV?? (TV not web)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:13 pm

IPTV has a channel set up for every team just in case. I wouldn't read anything into it, I saw that tweet too
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Id pay a fiver for it on my skybox esp if incould get full match replays straight after the game!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:18 pm

We have City TV in Oz. It's a weekly show during the season that shows highlights and web content.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum