raheem sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: raheem sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:33 am

I don't agree with just throwing money at players, but if he wants the same as KDB is he wrong to want that?
How many points did Raza win us last season? How many did KDB?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:43 am

Mase wrote:I don't agree with just throwing money at players, but if he wants the same as KDB is he wrong to want that?

The problem is, the Dipper media have muddied the waters so much that it is no longer seemingly about football, and that's what I judge him on.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Pay him the money, he’s nearly out of contract and might not get that salary but when u add in a signing on bonus and all that, it will work out cheaper for us. Easy decision really.
Two years left on his contract, then he walks away like a German. Guardiola says he and the club want him to stay but "it's up to Sterling and his agent." Things must have come to a head for that kind of thing to be said, the usual line is just 'confident he will sign - there's no rush.' I take Beefy's point about this not being a subject we should dwell on as City fans but sadly the facts are pretty clear. There is an obvious stand off and being held to ransom in a way that jeopardises our pay structure is not on. Just get the best deal here you can Raz but if you think you can do better elsewhere and you want to run your contract down instead - better go now. We don't need players who don't want to be here long term.

If it is about money that won't happen. He'll run it down to get the fee at his next club included in his wages.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:19 am

Mase wrote:I don't agree with just throwing money at players, but if he wants the same as KDB is he wrong to want that?

its not wrong for athletes to want to be paid as much as possible but at the same time he's delusional if he thinks he warrants being paid as much as our highest earners. he's not on that level. if we sell him next summer i wouldnt mind. he appears indifferent to working on his finishing (i know he had a career season last yr with regard to goals but he still missed an outrageous number of sitters and quality chances) and personally i wouldnt mind if Bernardo and Sane were our wing options moving forward. now, im not saying that we should definitely get rid but if the club decides to sell or let him walk then i wont be too bothered except for how we're going to fill that homegrown slot in the squad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:26 am

phips wrote:

its not wrong for athletes to want to be paid as much as possible but at the same time he's delusional if he thinks he warrants being paid as much as our highest earners. he's not on that level. if we sell him next summer i wouldnt mind. he appears indifferent to working on his finishing (i know he had a career season last yr with regard to goals but he still missed an outrageous number of sitters and quality chances) and personally i wouldnt mind if Bernardo and Sane were our wing options moving forward. now, im not saying that we should definitely get rid but if the club decides to sell or let him walk then i wont be too bothered except for how we're going to fill that homegrown slot in the squad.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Guardiola:

Mikel Arteta [City first-team coach] is working many, many hours and days after training specifically about the last action on the pitch – that control in the last moment to make the right movement in the final three or four metres.

“For himself, Raheem has wanted to stay there, to improve, to practise, to shoot at the goalkeepers. It’s part of the mentality he needs."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

Appearances can be deceiving.

Guardiola:

Mikel Arteta [City first-team coach] is working many, many hours and days after training specifically about the last action on the pitch – that control in the last moment to make the right movement in the final three or four metres.

“For himself, Raheem has wanted to stay there, to improve, to practise, to shoot at the goalkeepers. It’s part of the mentality he needs."

We've been over this I'm sure Phips....his finishing is actually nearly on par with Sergio. He misses the odd howler that everyone jumps on and remembers. His finishing wasn't bad when he was scoring the winners last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 am

^^^^

It must be almost instinctive, drummed into the players to shoot for just inside of the posts and not at the goalkeeper !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:55 am

zuricity wrote:^^^^

It must be almost instinctive, drummed into the players to shoot for just inside of the posts and not at the goalkeeper !

When he's got too much time he panics with finishing. Almost doubting himself before he's taken the shot. Similar to Dzeko. When he's bombing in and shooting instinctively there's no issues.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:57 am

I don't think he deserves parity with KDB, at least not until he proves he can do what he did last season consistently. Not surprised his agent has gone in as high as he has ( assuming it's all true of course), start high in the knowledge you'll be bartered down. He definitely deserves a rise, hopefully him and the club can reach a compromise and he signs.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:02 am

Raheem is either in it for the glory and the money or just the money. Pep has a bad feeling about this that's why he has brought out into the open IMO. I hope signs ASAP. If it becomes a saga, sell him. He forced his way out of the dippers so he has form.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:11 am

Pep won't stand on sentiment anyone who isn't on board will without a doubt be shipped out and not played, he's done it at Barca numerous times where a player just doesn't fit in/causing issues.
If raz is in it for the money then I'm afraid he will be gone as soon as pep figures out what way his contract is going. I think he will wait till January window and ship him if he doesn't sign.
Best way for the club to move this on is give him bonuses on his performances.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:20 am

Hazy2 wrote:Raheem is either in it for the glory and the money or just the money. Pep has a bad feeling about this that's why he has brought out into the open IMO. I hope signs ASAP. If it becomes a saga, sell him. He forced his way out of the dippers so he has form.

He forced his way out of the dippers?! Are you a Scouser Hazy?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 am

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:^^^^

When he's got too much time he panics with finishing. Almost doubting himself before he's taken the shot. Similar to Dzeko. When he's bombing in and shooting instinctively there's no issues.

I know Mase, but i am also very happy with the way Razza upped his game last season. Many of the chances he's latched onto is because he is outrageously fast.

If Mahrez turns out to be productive ( i am not a fan of his) , it will put Razza under pressure - which is good for the squad.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:36 am

With the introduction of Mahrez and Bernardo’s form on the up and up Bad time for Raz to be throwing his toys out ( if indeed that’s what’s happening) We all know what agents are like
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:52 am

He doesn't deserve parity with KDB because he isn't as good. He's inconsistent, he did get some crucial late goals but he missed a hatful of chances in others, (I am still getting over his missed chances in the derby).

IMO Pep is trying to bring things to a head because committment and right attitude are so important to him. If he fails to commit, say before January, imo look to replace him. His resale will rapidly depreciate after that.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:45 pm

He deserves pay rise but no way in par with KDB. Apparently he fancies plying his trade in Spain in the future. If he stalls, I wouldnt mind swapping him with Dembele of Barcelona. I think he will sign, after the club, manager the fans defended him to the hill, he would be a fool to leave this current set up.
Outcast

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Didn't Sanè only get one less assist than KDB last season?

Let's see if Kev can do it this season then eh?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Mase wrote:Didn't Sanè only get one less assist than KDB last season?

The club comes first, whether its Aguero, KDB or Sterling. Its down to the club to determine his worth, I believe he needs another solid season doesnt have to be outstanding or spectacular, and he'll have a solid case.
Outcast

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:Didn't Sanè only get one less assist than KDB last season?

The club comes first, whether its Aguero, KDB or Sterling. Its down to the club to determine his worth, I believe he needs another solid season doesnt have to be outstanding or spectacular, and he'll have a solid case.

Agree. Same with players like Kev, who have only had one top season since joining us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:01 pm

My thoughts exactly
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum