Another Pundit bending towards us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Another Pundit bending towards us

Postby Bluedj » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:56 am

We've discussed in numerous threads over the years about the press and the pundits being anti-city

We've said it will take years before they change their stance, their opinions and the only way to to it is consistently win trophies

What most of us didn't take into account was how we would do it and how spectacular the footie under pep would not only have us, but the nutrauls around the world looking and talking about us diferently

I like most blues thought I'd never hear the likes of Wobble Gob Ferdinand singing our praises, the c@nt just loves the way we play. Garry Neville cant help but praise us and now a really good article by Danny Murphy the ex-dipper

https://talksport.com/football/407914/d ... liverpool/

Danny Murphy does not believe Liverpool will be good enough to beat Manchester City to the Premier League title.

The former Reds star has been encouraged by the business Jurgen Klopp has done this summer, with Alisson, Fabinho, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri all arriving at Anfield.

Alisson is the world’s most expensive goalkeeper
The impressive signings have got Reds fans understandably excited about their prospects of major success this season, and Klopp’s men have been installed as second favourites for the title by bookmakers.

Murphy certainly expects Liverpool to put up a better fight than last season, when they ended the campaign fourth and 25 points behind Pep Guardiola’s runaway champions, and he sees them as City’s closest challengers.

But the ex-England man is convinced City – comfortable winners over Chelsea in Sunday’s Community Shield – will be lifting the league trophy once more in May 2019.

Speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT, Murphy said: “Fabinho, Keita, Alisson are all good players and they give Liverpool strength in depth and competition for places, which does increase performance, but would any of those players get in City’s team?

“[Mohamed] Salah and [Virgil] Van Dijk would get in City’s team. Other than that, probably no others [would get in].

“You can’t base your transfer policy on buying better players than City have. It is nearly impossible. You can’t buy a better player than [Kevin] De Bruyne in midfield, so you have to compete in a different way.

“What I like that Klopp has done is he has signed quality where he has needed it – the middle of the park they were lacking – there is great competition for places and he did it early.

“Shaqiri is a good ‘un as well. That is not bad business the money they have spent there. He had a good World Cup and he will create competition for places.

“Liverpool have done really well and will bridge the gap with City.”
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Another Pundit bending towards us

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:10 pm

That's Murphy black listed by SKY now, surprised they even aired it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Another Pundit bending towards us

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Danny Murphy has issues with Liverpool and both camel gob and Gary Neville detest mourinho . They are all cunts at the end of the day more ex city players as pundits is what’s needed .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum