Charity Shield v The Chavs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Charity Shield v The Chavs

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

bernardo is class, but i'm not sure i've ever seen a player so one-footed. he's like an amputee! even lescott used his right foot more often. bernardo makes it work, though, so no hate...just interesting to watch.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:bernardo is class, but i'm not sure i've ever seen a player so one-footed. he's like an amputee! even lescott used his right foot more often. bernardo makes it work, though, so no hate...just interesting to watch.

He's like the other Silva.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:bernardo is class, but i'm not sure i've ever seen a player so one-footed. he's like an amputee! even lescott used his right foot more often. bernardo makes it work, though, so no hate...just interesting to watch.

Have you forgotten Wayne Bridge? Not sure he even used his right foot for standing on! :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Have you forgotten Wayne Bridge? Not sure he even used his right foot for standing on! :lol:

Jesus Navas, Martin Petrov, it's not as rare an occurrence as it's being made out to be.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Thing i love about foden is even if we were skint he would still be playing for us!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

d. silva is ambidextrous compared to b. silva. watch bernardo over 90 minutes....close to zero touches with his right foot.

as far as other players go, wayne bridge is a good shout. navas, petrov not even close.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

d. silva is ambidextrous compared to b. silva. watch bernardo over 90 minutes....close to zero touches with his right foot.

as far as other players go, wayne bridge is a good shout. navas, petrov not even close.

David silva stands on his right leg and he uses it to walk and run and bicycle, etc. Don't think it touches a ball that often though.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:24 pm

not often v almost never. splitting hairs, i suppose.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:not often v almost never. splitting hairs, i suppose.

But it's what we do! It's the life we chose!
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:not often v almost never. splitting hairs, i suppose.

But it's what we do! It's the life we chose!

ha that's true. god bless the internets.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

give it. a rest will ya? he‘s no more one footed than any of the only right footed players we have!

How old are you guys ? any left hander , left footer looks unusual . Do you shake hands with your left hand ? No, The majority are right handers/ footers so that looks more acceptable on the eye.

There are very few two footers . KdB being our best example. Get Walker or Razza to do a cross with their left foot... Blimey! they both struggle with their right foot.

Btw i am left footed ( no not religion!) and play squash , tennis etc left handed , but bat right handed in cricket and the same for golf. Work that out !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

give it. a rest will ya? he‘s no more one footed than any of the only right footed players we have!

How old are you guys ? any left hander , left footer looks unusual . Do you shake hands with your left hand ? No, The majority are right handers/ footers so that looks more acceptable on the eye.

There are very few two footers . KdB being our best example. Get Walker or Razza to do a cross with their left foot... Blimey! they both struggle with their right foot.

Btw i am left footed ( no not religion!) and play squash , tennis etc left handed , but bat right handed in cricket and the same for golf. Work that out !

They let you use a bat in golf?
Or is that just your club?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 pm

zuricity wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

I don't think Sideshow Bob meant that Bernardo never uses his right leg or his arms. I certainly didn't.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

i couldn‘t be arsed to write another long sentence , but if i may Putt it this way , IRONing it out , i WOOD use a right handed set of (golf) clubs when playing golf
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 am

zuricity wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Same as me. And I played cricket long before I touched a golf club (or even a golf bat), so it's nothing to do with handed clubs.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:48 am

Gio was one footed, and whisper it, but even Colin Bell to an extent.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:26 am

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

i couldn‘t be arsed to write another long sentence , but if i may Putt it this way , IRONing it out , i WOOD use a right handed set of (golf) clubs when playing golf

I shot a 77 on a nick price course a year ago - I've not hit another ball since!!..go figure !!
I just fell out of love with the game after playing it for 32 years, and so Ijust stopped - I also bought a new club here and there, every time I had a shit round, so it got expensive!!! and then there is also my anger issues when I dont win to take into consideration - I have to work on that .

I like the idea of playing with a cricket bat to be fair.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I shot a 77 on a nick price course a year ago - I've not hit another ball since!!..go figure !!
I just fell out of love with the game after playing it for 32 years, and so Ijust stopped - I also bought a new club here and there, every time I had a shit round, so it got expensive!!! and then there is also my anger issues when I dont win to take into consideration - I have to work on that .

I like the idea of playing with a cricket bat to be fair.

Hurling is the game for you Carl.
I'd imagine you'd be at home wit a hurley in your hand.
You get good at it and you can slap someone with it off the left or right hand......very skillful.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum