Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Did we get any cash for him?

Somewhere in the region of £3.5M has been mooted. Dont know if its straight cash or bonus related though

I've heard it's 500 thousand cases of Head & Shoulders over the next 3 seasons.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 am

Will always remember him fondly. He played a big part in the early years of NEW City. All the best Joe.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 am

He was a blue through and through, the interviews he gave during his time were always spot on, a proper club ambassador. His performances were right up there too, he was consistent and the golden gloves prove it. All keepers make mistakes but the good outweigh the bad in bucket loads. I hope he gets a massive reception when he returns and I just hope Kun remembers to shoot low down to Joe's left. The one Achilles heel he never managed to get rid of.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:23 am

Wonderwall wrote:He was a blue through and through, the interviews he gave during his time were always spot on, a proper club ambassador. His performances were right up there too, he was consistent and the golden gloves prove it. All keepers make mistakes but the good outweigh the bad in bucket loads. I hope he gets a massive reception when he returns and I just hope Kun remembers to shoot low down to Joe's left. The one Achilles heel he never managed to get rid of.

I felt he was once much better but declined over time until the peak insanity of the euros, with all that hyped-up shouting and letting in goals. Not too long before, he'd dropped the ball at Cameron Jerome's feet on the goal line and, as you say, the down to the left think seemed to appear. maybe we just never noticed?

Maybe it was change of goalie coach after Mancini, as someone suggested? Maybe it was the whole Head and Shoulders thing or maybe that increasing tendency to over-excitement and shouting? Many years ago - when I was fit!! - I saw a chart of a players 'arousal' (no laughs) v performance. It was based on squash but I'm sure the principle will carry. There is a peak on the graph after which your sporting performance declines again. So players who get over-excited lose the cool and calmness needed for max performance will see a fall in standard.

Either way he served us well in day.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Looks as if he’s about to get a clean sheet on his debut.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum