Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Outcast wrote:So if the dippers win the title (god forbid), does that mean they bought it or is it down to great signings?

It'll be down to it meaning more whatever that means.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am

Outcast wrote:So if the dippers win the title (god forbid), does that mean they bought it or is it down to great signings?

Given what people are saying they're trying to buy 2nd place. Typical dippers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:49 am

Istree, the academy, the best manager ever, the fans, the camaraderie and getting justice for the 96 will all be factors. You won’t hear a word of buying the title from Sky
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Istree, the academy, the best manager ever, the fans, the camaraderie and getting justice for the 96 will all be factors. You won’t hear a word of buying the title from Sky

It will be the Anfield atmosphere.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Some nice bits with Kyle and Pep on Sky:

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45088530

All the BBC’s pundits top 4 predictions. 3 think the dippers will win it. Wright, Gullitt and Keown. They all had us for second. Everyone else has us as champions
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 am

nottsblue wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45088530

All the BBC’s pundits top 4 predictions. 3 think the dippers will win it. Wright, Gullitt and Keown. They all had us for second. Everyone else has us as champions

Ian Wright? He's hated us since we wouldn't give Bradley the career he thought he deserved.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am

Sad to see gazza struggle to get his words out on soccer am
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:39 am

Mase wrote:

Ian Wright? He's hated us since we wouldn't give Bradley the career he thought he deserved.

Ive seen worst, he's been complimentary of late. He loves the arseholes, I cant expect him to bleed blue.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 am

To be fair, he was on radio 2 this morning stating he actually believes we will win it but the dippers are the only ones who can push us so he went for them as he thinks it would be great for the prem if they did as it's been so long since they last won it. He claimed they were the only club to make significant signings that will lift them closer to us and nobody else could stop us this season. He was very honest and came across as just a genuine fan of football
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am

everyonehatesus wrote:To be fair, he was on radio 2 this morning stating he actually believes we will win it but the dippers are the only ones who can push us so he went for them as he thinks it would be great for the prem if they did as it's been so long since they last won it. He claimed they were the only club to make significant signings that will lift them closer to us and nobody else could stop us this season. He was very honest and came across as just a genuine fan of football

Strange, he believes we will win it but states that the Dippers will. That sounds a little dishonest mate, or disingenuous at least. Maybe he wanted to win this weeks Dipper popularity contest.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:01 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:To be fair, he was on radio 2 this morning stating he actually believes we will win it but the dippers are the only ones who can push us so he went for them as he thinks it would be great for the prem if they did as it's been so long since they last won it. He claimed they were the only club to make significant signings that will lift them closer to us and nobody else could stop us this season. He was very honest and came across as just a genuine fan of football

Strange, he believes we will win it but states that the Dippers will. That sounds a little dishonest mate, or disingenuous at least. Maybe he wanted to win this weeks Dipper popularity contest.

It really didn't come across in that way, he went on to say people will just claim I'm back tracking and so on but he made sense in what he thought. It was a longish interview so difficult to get it down on here in the right way and meaning if you get me.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 am

A genuine fan of football who want the klansmen to win it? There is no such thing.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:57 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Ive seen worst, he's been complimentary of late. He loves the arseholes, I cant expect him to bleed blue.

I don't think anyone expects him to bleed blue.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:58 am

everyonehatesus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It really didn't come across in that way, he went on to say people will just claim I'm back tracking and so on but he made sense in what he thought. It was a longish interview so difficult to get it down on here in the right way and meaning if you get me.

I've no issues with it mate and quite like the bloke, just seems a backwards message. I think City will win it but I'm plumping for Liverpool. Why not just go with what you think, whichvis an educated guess, not what your heart says.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am

What he's saying Beefy, is that he thinks we'll win it but he doesnt want us to.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I've no issues with it mate and quite like the bloke, just seems a backwards message. I think City will win it but I'm plumping for Liverpool. Why not just go with what you think, whichvis an educated guess, not what your heart says.

I think that kind of sums him up though, he's always been or at least come across as the sort that is led by his heart. In all the TV stuff be that league or for England he always shows what he feels. I like the fella for it to be honest, at least you know it's genuine and not some thought out media crap to appeal to the masses
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Mase wrote:What he's saying Beefy, is that he thinks we'll win it but he doesnt want us to.

Yep,that's sounds like it. Strange how many people view Liverpool FC in this way, like the minnow underdog.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:What he's saying Beefy, is that he thinks we'll win it but he doesnt want us to.

Yep,that's sounds like it. Strange how many people view Liverpool FC in this way, like the minnow underdog.

They must be, Klipperty said so!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:04 pm

So, Irish sky sports ( my streams ) the adverts are united and Liverpool scoring against us..

Spud picking nonses
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum