*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby Rob D » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:38 pm

We were indeed. The match reminded me of the 1993/94 season when we played United at Maine Road and we’re two goals up at half time curtsy of a brace by Niall Quinn only for Eric Cantona to get two goals to level in the second half followed by a late winner by Roy Keane. The difference was that back then we were not expected to win.
Rob D
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Rob D wrote:We were indeed. The match reminded me of the 1993/94 season when we played United at Maine Road and we’re two goals up at half time curtsy of a brace by Niall Quinn only for Eric Cantona to get two goals to level in the second half followed by a late winner by Roy Keane. The difference was that back then we were not expected to win.

Remember the match well. Was actually thinking about it as well after the rags equalised on Saturday wondering if lightening could strike twice. And it fucking did
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Rob D wrote:We were indeed. The match reminded me of the 1993/94 season when we played United at Maine Road and we’re two goals up at half time curtsy of a brace by Niall Quinn only for Eric Cantona to get two goals to level in the second half followed by a late winner by Roy Keane. The difference was that back then we were not expected to win.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Kippax singing about united fucking up their 2 goal lead against galatasaray and we went and did that. It was tortured.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Rob D » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Just like last Saturday we were in total control of the first 45 minutes of that match in 1993/94 yet when the match ended Alex Ferguson had the audacity to say that it was a travesty that his team were losing at half time.
Rob D
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Rob D wrote:Just like last Saturday we were in total control of the first 45 minutes of that match in 1993/94 yet when the match ended Alex Ferguson had the audacity to say that it was a travesty that his team were losing at half time.

Dont forget the piss soaked old cunt thought the rags were the bettet outfit in the 6-1
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I remember that game like it was yesterday. Kippax singing about united fucking up their 2 goal lead against galatasaray and we went and did that. It was tortured.

I was best man at my friends' wedding that day, listening to the game in between the ceremony. The result totally ruined my speech, couldn't remember a thing.

Anyway, what sort of friend schedules his wedding for derby day?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Rob D wrote:Just like last Saturday we were in total control of the first 45 minutes of that match in 1993/94 yet when the match ended Alex Ferguson had the audacity to say that it was a travesty that his team were losing at half time.

Dont forget the piss soaked old cunt thought the rags were the bettet outfit in the 6-1

A better attacking mentality? That was priceless.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Karenc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

Patrick wrote:Just joined the site?

Been lurking but never posted?

Been a member for ages but no one talks to you?

Then introduce yourselves here!

How you found the site, how you became a city fan, your greatest memory of supporting city.... It's all stuff we enjoy hearing so say hello and let us know your story.....

Hi, I am a city fan from West Yorkshire. I was just wondering if maybe my fellow city supporters would take part in my short survey about merchandise in the English Premier League, for my final year project I would be very grateful for your help :) https://goo.gl/forms/XCfnkstjNg2iqGKl2
Karenc
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man city

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Karenc wrote:
Patrick wrote:Just joined the site?

Been lurking but never posted?

Been a member for ages but no one talks to you?

Then introduce yourselves here!

How you found the site, how you became a city fan, your greatest memory of supporting city.... It's all stuff we enjoy hearing so say hello and let us know your story.....

Hi, I am a city fan from West Yorkshire. I was just wondering if maybe my fellow city supporters would take part in my short survey about merchandise in the English Premier League, for my final year project I would be very grateful for your help :) https://goo.gl/forms/XCfnkstjNg2iqGKl2

Not really. But last female member to join ended up marrying a poster. Are you single? There's this Irish feller here....
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rising » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:01 am

Good morning all
I have just registered. Are there any other female posters? If not, no problem. I used to be on the Alert Team at Vital Man City and foreverinbluedreams can vouch for me. I'm looking forward to the coming season even more than last. It promises to be fantastic.
City. Always was. Always will be.
Rising
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am

Rising wrote:Good morning all
I have just registered. Are there any other female posters? If not, no problem. I used to be on the Alert Team at Vital Man City and foreverinbluedreams can vouch for me. I'm looking forward to the coming season even more than last. It promises to be fantastic.

Welcome Rising, not too many regular female posters but that shouldn't make any difference being honest (unless you're averse to colourful language that is) and if you're good with FIBD then you'll fit in quite nicely around here.......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 am

Welcome, the more female posters the better. It's a very make dominant site, but more posters like yourself are very welcome.

All.blues are welcome and the more.the merrier
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Rising » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:28 am

Thankyou very much. I have no problem with colourful language whatsoever. I’ve been known to use it a fair bit myself!
City. Always was. Always will be.
Rising
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Andy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello all!
So, seeing as I was lucky enough to come out on top of the Board's (Classic) Fantasy League last season as a "lurker", it seemed only fair that I sign up so you can rip me this season when I'm found out! Plus, extra opportunities for ripping as I joined the H-to-H league this season too.
Good luck everyone.
Andy

See those "Sergio Aguero 200 Goals" shirts - I think Sergio should wear one of those in matches.
Andy
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Welcome Andy! I was wondering who you were, since noone rubbed our noses in it at the end of last season.

I will do my best to give you a good fight this time around.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:42 pm

I've just noticed your post now Rising. Welcome, good to see you on here.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am

Hi there, I'm both a female & a forum poster. Welcome! :)
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby BamaEngineer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:47 pm

Greetings from America. I've been a longtime member on Vital Manchester City, but that site has decided to move in a new direction so I'm looking for a new home.
BamaEngineer
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 pm

BamaEngineer wrote:Greetings from America. I've been a longtime member on Vital Manchester City, but that site has decided to move in a new direction so I'm looking for a new home.

vital man city.... if you've left, they must be down to about 4 active posters?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BamaEngineer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
BamaEngineer wrote:Greetings from America. I've been a longtime member on Vital Manchester City, but that site has decided to move in a new direction so I'm looking for a new home.

vital man city.... if you've left, they must be down to about 4 active posters?

That's sounds about right. It's really sad, that was home for many years.
BamaEngineer
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum