spuds stadium shambles

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: spuds stadium shambles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:13 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Now being reported by the Daily Mail that the game will be moved to the Monday night and played at Wembley.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... -game.html

will be an amazing game if we have to play the day after it's been churned up by the nfl lads
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:which with a 90k capacity stadium means a lot of empty seats?

Indeed it does, but an average PL attendance of 68,052, up from 31,639 the previous season, suggests a massive increase in numbers. Also, the 89.8% capacity uptake against us is higher than their average for WHL the season before, which was around 87.2%.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 62,000. I don't think it's fair that all of a sudden an extra 28,000 seats become available to Spurs fans for this game because the club has been unable to fulfill its obligations (and potentially inconvenienced thousands of travelling fans), even if just 1 of those seats is taken up.

before they moved to wembley, they had c23k season ticket holders at whl with a waiting list of c60k.
if all of those 60k were serious about getting season tix then they should be filling wembley week in week out, especially when you take into consideration the additional number of fans who go to only one / a few games a season.
58k for the first home game of the season and a london derby kicking off at 3pm is embarrassing.

I get your point. I've got no idea what criteria you needed to meet to get a ticket for their home games last season, though: I'd have thought, in addition to the c.23K plus c.60K you mention and 3K away fans from each club, there'd have been a massive uptake from tourists who'd want to go just because it's a game at Wembley. Maybe something like our 'purchase history' rule for CL matches was put in place.

I'd have guessed season tickets were only a (relatively) small proportion of the attendances last season, as there'd be no guarantee you'd be able to retain your ST following the move to the new stadium and related massive reduction in capacity. Unless they had some kind of single-season ST offer where you waived all rights to renewal.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:which with a 90k capacity stadium means a lot of empty seats?

Indeed it does, but an average PL attendance of 68,052, up from 31,639 the previous season, suggests a massive increase in numbers. Also, the 89.8% capacity uptake against us is higher than their average for WHL the season before, which was around 87.2%.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 62,000. I don't think it's fair that all of a sudden an extra 28,000 seats become available to Spurs fans for this game because the club has been unable to fulfill its obligations (and potentially inconvenienced thousands of travelling fans), even if just 1 of those seats is taken up.

before they moved to wembley, they had c23k season ticket holders at whl with a waiting list of c60k.
if all of those 60k were serious about getting season tix then they should be filling wembley week in week out, especially when you take into consideration the additional number of fans who go to only one / a few games a season.
58k for the first home game of the season and a london derby kicking off at 3pm is embarrassing.

I get your point. I've got no idea what criteria you needed to meet to get a ticket for their home games last season, though: I'd have thought, in addition to the c.23K plus c.60K you mention and 3K away fans from each club, there'd have been a massive uptake from tourists who'd want to go just because it's a game at Wembley. Maybe something like our 'purchase history' rule for CL matches was put in place.

I'd have guessed season tickets were only a (relatively) small proportion of the attendances last season, as there'd be no guarantee you'd be able to retain your ST following the move to the new stadium and related massive reduction in capacity. Unless they had some kind of single-season ST offer where you waived all rights to renewal.

45k season tix at wembley, same number as new stadium.
still c40k on the waiting list....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:34 pm

PL confirms the fixture between Spurs and City scheduled for the 28th October will now take place at Wembley the following day, Monday 29th with an 8pm KO. Apparently the PL and Spurs have apologised for the inconvenience to City fans. So one assumes they won’t charge for the tickets then.

A farce
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:PL confirms the fixture between Spurs and City scheduled for the 28th October will now take place at Wembley the following day, Monday 29th with an 8pm KO. Apparently the PL and Spurs have apologised for the inconvenience to City fans. So one assumes they won’t charge for the tickets then.

A farce

Everyone tells us Tottingshite do things the right way, lead by astute businessmen
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:57 pm

I wasn't going anyway.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 pm

MCFC are putting on FREE coach travel for this re arranged game for all blues with valid criteria and tickets , Spurs have offered fuck all ! Zip , zilch !!!

Wankers !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:15 pm

I think we should boycott it. Fuck it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:19 pm

small claims court , sue the buggers.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:01 am

Word is MCFC now seeking advice to to get this game rescheduled due to a NFL game being played on the same pitch 24 hours eaflier . So the outstanding question is why aren’t spurs being taken to task ????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 am

Why did we agree to it in the first place? 3 games in 6 days ffs.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:52 am

Even in this thread, it was mentioned a while ago that there is an NFL game the day before. Why is this 'Most likely' damaging event ( playing field damage) only now being discussed by parties to the event? You can bet, just as sure as we have had the sunniest Summer in Europe since records began, that it will Persist down in England for five days before we meet Spurs and the Wembley roof will be jammed open.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:59 am

zuricity wrote:Even in this thread, it was mentioned a while ago that there is an NFL game the day before. Why is this 'Most likely' damaging event ( playing field damage) only now being discussed by parties to the event? You can bet, just as sure as we have had the sunniest Summer in Europe since records began, that it will Persist down in England for five days before we meet Spurs and the Wembley roof will be jammed open.

wembley doesn’t have a roof
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:Even in this thread, it was mentioned a while ago that there is an NFL game the day before. Why is this 'Most likely' damaging event ( playing field damage) only now being discussed by parties to the event? You can bet, just as sure as we have had the sunniest Summer in Europe since records began, that it will Persist down in England for five days before we meet Spurs and the Wembley roof will be jammed open.

It does but it doesn't work.......
Well, it sort of works. It takes an hour to retract and doesn't even cover the pitch then, just the seated areas.
It is never operated while the stadium is full, only empty, which kind of renders it useless to counteract weather conditions, doesn't it?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby globalbollox » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:38 am

globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:55 pm

globalbollox wrote:https://youtu.be/JmeljNpIV1k

Not a problem. :)

As one of the comments says, 'this looks insane'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby PrezIke » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:05 pm

I know fans from other countries typically stay out of these debates, but please know I side with our fans concerns about how this has been handled by Spurs the PL and arguably even the club who one could argue should at least give a sense they stood up for how this affects away fans.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Another Slow reaction ffs. Do you think we are all thick ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

It does but it doesn't work.......
Well, it sort of works. It takes an hour to retract and doesn't even cover the pitch then, just the seated areas.
It is never operated while the stadium is full, only empty, which kind of renders it useless to counteract weather conditions, doesn't it?

I wonder which FA official has roofing business interests ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Fullartj » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:35 pm

One of my mates is a safety engineer and he is working on the stadium. I met him for a couple of pints the other week and he said that it could be Christmas before the stadium is finished. He told me that in the press Spurs are saying that the reason for the delay is due to health and safety which is a complete bollox as the construction work on the stadium hasn't finished and you cant do a safety check until all works have ceased.
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum