Refs 2018/2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Refs 2018/2019

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:57 pm

phips wrote:
Original Dub wrote:This board needs a spring cleaning badly.

damned if you do, damned if you dont.
make up your mind, chum.

im trying to turn a page in our relationship. be more open to changing your mind.

stockholm syndrome??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Anybody watch the Chelsea match and the shocking award of their penalty? Far less contact made on Alonso than Dave Silva yesterday but one is given and the other one isn't. Disgraceful and the agenda is plain to see once again.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
phips wrote:
Original Dub wrote:This board needs a spring cleaning badly.

damned if you do, damned if you dont.
make up your mind, chum.

im trying to turn a page in our relationship. be more open to changing your mind.

stockholm syndrome??

Bang on.

The lonely nonce has Stockholm syndrome
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:Anybody watch the Chelsea match and the shocking award of their penalty? Far less contact made on Alonso than Dave Silva yesterday but one is given and the other one isn't. Disgraceful and the agenda is plain to see once again.

I thought it was a stupid challenge and a penalty.
Yesterday’s was as well. Only difference is today’s was given.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:the agenda is plain to see once again.

ive been saying that for weeks now
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:Anybody watch the Chelsea match and the shocking award of their penalty? Far less contact made on Alonso than Dave Silva yesterday but one is given and the other one isn't. Disgraceful and the agenda is plain to see once again.

I thought it was a stupid challenge and a penalty.
Yesterday’s was as well. Only difference is today’s was given.

I'll save judgement until I've seen it on MotD, didn't want to waste any bandwidth today. Saying that, I'll see what influence the panel will have over my thoughts and see if I'm a sheeple ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 pm

phips wrote:

Nice discussion going on in the off topic about you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:
phips wrote:

Nice discussion going on in the off topic about you :lol: :lol: :lol:

What have I done wrong, mate? ;)
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby aristation » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Rare that I agree with Garth Crooks but his comments in his team of the week are spot on

"And how on earth did referee Martin Atkinson refuse to award Manchester City's David Silva a penalty kick? You occasionally see games that make you wonder what exactly the referee saw at the time.
As far as I was concerned, Ruben Neves practically assaulted Silva in the penalty area. "
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:26 am

Would love to know how many games we have over 60% possesssion yet receive double the yellow cards than the other team do.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:44 am

I definitely think this is a separate Atkinson problem to the one the FA has with us. Atkinson just plain and simple doesn't want us to win. And he's making it obvious. We should gather as much evidence as we can and let the FA know we don't want him officiating us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Deathshead Dermot just told us on SSN everybody at the match thought the Wolves goal was good. Atkinson couldn't see and the lino and the players were all concentrating on offside. Strange then the 3 offsides before the handball didn't get a mention. He's the official PIGMOL bucket and scoop.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm

the corruption is disgusting:

INCIDENT: Willy Boly scored the opening goal of the game for Wolves in the 57th minute, appearing to use his hand to turn the ball home from a Joao Moutinho cross. The officials did not see the handball and the goal stood.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Goal should have been disallowed.

DERMOT SAYS: The only time this was spotted on Saturday was on the replay. When it went in, I've thought 'what a good header'. But when the replay is shown, it's gone in off his arm. It's impossible for referee Martin Atkinson to see because of where he is when the ball comes across. I did feel for the assistant because he's looking at Matt Doherty to see if there's an offside. He can't be clear in Boly's headed that ball and when you look at the replays, it's gone in off his arm.

You could argue it is within the laws of the game because in the offside law, it shows a diagram of a player level with another player and his arm is ahead. It says you can't give offside because you can only give it as offside if he can score with that part of the body. So that infers that you cannot score with your hand.

INCIDENT: Manchester City had a penalty appeal turned down by referee Martin Atkinson as Ruben Neves tripped David Silva in the area.

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision.

DERMOT SAYS: My initial reaction was yes, it's clumsy. When I saw a replay of Martin's view, I think Silva actually kicks the Wolves player [Neves] and then trips himself. I think Martin sees the push, and from his angle - which is what I like to see - he clearly kicks Neves.

The first view I've got as a spectator is looking in and my gut reaction was to give a penalty. But when you see it from Martin's angle, it is not a penalty.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:04 pm

phips wrote:the corruption is disgusting:

INCIDENT: Willy Boly scored the opening goal of the game for Wolves in the 57th minute, appearing to use his hand to turn the ball home from a Joao Moutinho cross. The officials did not see the handball and the goal stood.

DERMOT SAYS: The only time this was spotted on Saturday was on the replay. When it went in, I've thought 'what a good header'. But when the replay is shown, it's gone in off his arm. It's impossible for referee Martin Atkinson to see because of where he is when the ball comes across. I did feel for the assistant because he's looking at Matt Doherty to see if there's an offside. He can't be clear in Boly's headed that ball and when you look at the replays, it's gone in off his arm.

You could argue it is within the laws of the game because in the offside law, it shows a diagram of a player level with another player and his arm is ahead. It says you can't give offside because you can only give it as offside if he can score with that part of the body. So that infers that you cannot score with your hand.

INCIDENT: Manchester City had a penalty appeal turned down by referee Martin Atkinson as Ruben Neves tripped David Silva in the area.

DERMOT SAYS: My initial reaction was yes, it's clumsy. When I saw a replay of Martin's view, I think Silva actually kicks the Wolves player [Neves] and then trips himself. I think Martin sees the push, and from his angle - which is what I like to see - he clearly kicks Neves.

The first view I've got as a spectator is looking in and my gut reaction was to give a penalty. But when you see it from Martin's angle, it is not a penalty.

That's fucking laughable. The linesman can't be expected to see a handball with an unobstructed view because he was looking for offside?

And it didn't look like a penalty from Martin's angle therefore he can't give it, how did it look from the linesman's angle? Did he not see that Neves barged into the back of Silva? Can he not alert poor Martin and his poor angle? What a load of fucking horseshite.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:the corruption is disgusting:

That's fucking laughable. The linesman can't be expected to see a handball with an unobstructed view because he was looking for offside?

And it didn't look like a penalty from Martin's angle therefore he can't give it, how did it look from the linesman's angle? Did he not see that Neves barged into the back of Silva? Can he not alert poor Martin and his poor angle? What a load of fucking horseshite.

That's exactly what it is, a load of horse shite.

Look who's quoting it FFS mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby phips » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's fucking laughable. The linesman can't be expected to see a handball with an unobstructed view because he was looking for offside?

bang on FIBD. laughable is putting it nicely.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Extracted from Dermot's statement:

I think Martin sees the push...

So, if you seen the push,candidate you believed Atkinson seen the push, why wouldn't any of you give the penalty; surely the push led to Silva clipping his own legs and a push in the box is a penalty anyway?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Extracted from Dermot's statement:

So, if you seen the push,candidate you believed Atkinson seen the push, why wouldn't any of you give the penalty; surely the push led to Silva clipping his own legs and a push in the box is a penalty anyway?

Dermott suits his name. Fuckin simpleton.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Extracted from Dermot's statement:

Dermott suits his name. Fuckin simpleton.

is that a Brian equivalent ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 pm

Even Pawson couldn’t do anything to help United tonight.
They were beyond help.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum