chumps league & carabao cup draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: chumps league & carabao cup draw

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 pm

budfox wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
budfox wrote:
zuricity wrote:
city72 wrote:When do the fixture dates come out? Fancy a trip to Germany

German Beer is Chemical free, Germany's alright by me.. German tarts are Wunderschön - courtesy of Mark Knopfler .

Germany is probably the most inexpensive , but fine location in Europe for good food , wine , Beer etc. You wont get ripped off .

Hoffenheim is small, rural and quiet , Plenty to see in Frankfurt , Heidelberg ,Mannheim and even Karsruhe , at a push Stuttgart to the south .

Lovely country and lovely people from my experience, same with Austria.

Austria is a fucking shit hole.

Each to their own, I love the place and have been many times.

I spent a little time in Gumpoldskirchen..I arrived at 9 pm and the place closed at 10 pm..when I say closed , I mean it fuckign closed. I half expected werewolves and vampires to roam the place as there was not ONE SOUL anywhere.

Lovely looking place and so was Vienna ...but it has to rank as the most boring fuckign place on planet earth...and the Austrians are a weird fuckign bunch.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 am

The people of Vienna reminded me of the inhabitants of Royston Veysey. Fucking weird bastards and rude with it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:50 am

mr_nool wrote:The Austrians combine the worst character traits of the German with the worst of the Italians.

As an Austrian who's lived in the UK for 30+ years once explained his countrymen to a group of us "they combine the worst of Northern, Southern and Eastern Europe, and seem to spend their lives trying to convince themselves and others they're model Western Europeans"

A friend of mine who studied in Graz also said "if they spent less time eating offal and being racist, they probably wouldn't be too bad".

They are an odd bunch, and fascinatingly so.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dipstick » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:The people of Vienna reminded me of the inhabitants of Royston Veysey. Fucking weird bastards and rude with it.

I worked on a joint project with a company in Vienna and spent a fair bit of time there. All the blokes were weird and most of them fairly obnoxious, though the three young lads who'd been to British Universities were OK-ish (absolutely no complaints about the women).

Only one of the blokes had a sense of humour; just as well he did as his name was Helmut Weiser. Adolf was no fun at all.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Just booked tickets for the Lyon game in a fortnight.
I looked on the City site for all home games and found the league games nearly impossible to get two seats together.
So I went for the CL and found there's tons of tickets for the Lyon game which is 19th of Sept. and less for the Hoffenheim game which is in December.
Seems strange.
I don't really trust the new look OS. I'm always wary about whether tickets will arrive on time.
I didn't load them on opur cards as the site says all tickets after June 2018 will be posted. My renewal is in October so I figured maybe until the new card gets issued, it would have to be paper ticket. Anyone know. The site is a lot less user friendly than it used to be.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Just booked tickets for the Lyon game in a fortnight.
I looked on the City site for all home games and found the league games nearly impossible to get two seats together.
So I went for the CL and found there's tons of tickets for the Lyon game which is 19th of Sept. and less for the Hoffenheim game which is in December.
Seems strange.
I don't really trust the new look OS. I'm always wary about whether tickets will arrive on time.
I didn't load them on opur cards as the site says all tickets after June 2018 will be posted. My renewal is in October so I figured maybe until the new card gets issued, it would have to be paper ticket. Anyone know. The site is a lot less user friendly than it used to be.

For any league game just buy 2 tickets that are within a couple of rows of each other , have a word with the steward on arrival and he will try his best to get you seated together . That’s what the stewards do in 121 they are top lads and look after their own ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

City64 wrote:
Seems strange.

For any league game just buy 2 tickets that are within a couple of rows of each other , have a word with the steward on arrival and he will try his best to get you seated together . That’s what the stewards do in 121 they are top lads and look after their own ! ;-)

Yeah, that crossed my mind C64. Even if we weren't exactly together it wouldn't matter much as he's 16 now and taller than I am, not a kid anymore.
Anyway booked for Lyon. Just waiting for club to confirm whether they are sending paper ticket or e-mailing self print ones.
Didn't get any message back yet.
If all comes to all, we arrive early on the 19th and if I haven't got a ticket in my hand I'll go up to the grounds in the afternoon and sort it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Seems strange.

Contact supporter services they should be able to help.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 pm

sheblue wrote:
Seems strange.

Contact supporter services they should be able to help.

I emailed them yesterday.
They haven’t got back yet.
I won’t panic yet, I’m sure it’ll be fine.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Not checked the 'Boo draw, did we get a home draw again while the Rags are away?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum