****Centurions v Newcastle****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Centurions v Newcastle****

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Great 3 points , great vibe in the Etihad hope that came over to all the armchair cunts ? A few players not quite at top speed yet . Atkinson has robbed us of maximum points from the first 4 games so now our season starts straight after the shit international bullshit break . C’mon you blues CTID
Beer bang on in city center btw x

May I suggest you cheer louder as I had to put the volume up more than normal.

Really was shits in 110. South sounded louder than normal
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 pm

We had the second best defense last season and the best scoring side in the prem....Mendy didn't play in 99% of the season.

More questions than answers!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We had the second best defense last season and the best scoring side in the prem....Mendy didn't play in 99% of the season.

I think already, managers have looked st what he did against Huddersfield and nullified it by doubling up and stopping the early cross. He then gets caught out of position when he loses it.

I think he is the one who will have to learn to adapt his game.

At the moment we seem to be accommodating him and Mahrez at the expense of people who did the business on either wing last season.

I don’t know what the issue with Sane is big trust the management team that there is one. But Sterling is playing well even on the left.

I’d like to see Mendy learn to play in a back four in a 433..
Fern and Silva x 2 in the middle and any 3 from Kun Jesus Sane Sterling up front.
I think against teams that pull ten men back we could load midfield at let the full backs rotate the width positions with the wingers.

Anyway tactics are Peps department but I think it’s up to the likes of Mahrez and Mendy to play their way into the team, not be handed a position to get used to it.

Mendy has shown what an asset he can be but also what s liability.
Mahrez has shown nothing so far.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We had the second best defense last season and the best scoring side in the prem....Mendy didn't play in 99% of the season.

I think already, managers have looked st what he did against Huddersfield and nullified it by doubling up and stopping the early cross. He then gets caught out of position when he loses it.

At the moment we seem to be accommodating him and Mahrez at the expense of people who did the business on either wing last season.

I don’t know what the issue with Sane is big trust the management team that there is one. But Sterling is playing well even on the left.

Fern and Silva x 2 in the middle and any 3 from Kun Jesus Sane Sterling up front.
I think against teams that pull ten men back we could load midfield at let the full backs rotate the width positions with the wingers.

Anyway tactics are Peps department but I think it’s up to the likes of Mahrez and Mendy to play their way into the team, not be handed a position to get used to it.

Mahrez seems to be a borderline mardy cunt....thats my perception of him.
He's also being a greedy little cunt trying to score his first goal instead of playing the more obvious play.
PeP should remind the cunt that he's just another fish in a tank full of Koi Carp!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Kippax Sean » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm

3 points and 2 screamers not too bad, we should have scored a least 2 more, poor finishing and bad decision making in front of goal. Still early days for mahrez and Mendy.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:59 pm

at the game, I thought we was very slow, wrong or bad passes and just going back all the time, to beat a brick wall is to try and go over it with good passes and runni8ng into spaces but that didn't happen yesterday, but 3 pts so jobs a good one, oh and I didn't do my posting before game so I thought we will get beat :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm

I wish they would stop all those orange stats at the ground like we have beaten Newcastle in so many games, Pepe never lost in September etc, its asking for trouble.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Newcastle did exactly what Wolves did against us, play 5 at the back with 3 sat in the middle, flooding the defensive line and tried to break quickly. Let's not forget that Wolvers very lucky to score but on the stats from both games we had 14 shots on target compared to their 4. For me it shows we're getting the chances but they're not clear cut due to the packed defence, and that they are getting lucky or completing a good set piece.

Interesting that Pep has tried different formations and tactics in these first few games and although I didn't agree with last couple of choices, I do agree that he had to try them to see how we can change it up against those that will no doubt listen to how RatBoy would counter our attacking prowess.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Kinell, what a monologue, you're not asking for much are you?

Why not let the lads keep trying to win. If we break records ... great ! We all want to see a City team play good footy. If as a consequence we dominate , then Brill . If we don't , well i'll still be a City fan. Birth right .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum