Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Can anyone explain why there is a BBC article introducing liverpuddles throw in coach?

Really, is that a thing that warrants a news "story"?

I saw that, something along the lines of 'will throw-ins win Liverpool the title'. Well, it didn't work for Stoke.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 pm

City64 wrote:You wouldn’t think Maureen has just been convicted of a 1 year jail sentence (suspended )for tax fraud today whilst he was manager of Real Madrid ???? Massive cover up going on seems starting with our friends the BBC who refuse to mention it anywhere ????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... hare-tools
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:Another money article... why 8 years, why not 20 years? Oh, that's right. That wouldn't suit the machine.

https://talksport.com/football/418688/e ... sfer-fees/

Laughable. Pound to a penny the figures they are quoting are incorrect as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Another money article... why 8 years, why not 20 years? Oh, that's right. That wouldn't suit the machine.

https://talksport.com/football/418688/e ... sfer-fees/

Laughable. Pound to a penny the figures they are quoting are incorrect as well

The main reason why it is a joke is, they don't break down the amount , year by year on purchases . Do they really expect all readers to be thick ?

Ah it doesn't matter the click bait has worked .

Now, about Google and Mastercard .... ( as NT might do)

Looks like Google will be broken up soon.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:26 am

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Their headlines are impressive - who is the editor at the mirror?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-13162103

Mate, have you got shares in Trinity Group?

Could do with a brief synopsis as I hate clicking the licks to give them money if it's just that, click-bait for the Rag masses.

I do have shares... I'm going for a complete takeover and then I'm gonna run it into the fucking ground mate :)

Basically, it's a new angle they are taking lately. Articles which are either largely or completely relating to us are headlined with the rags and liverpool and no mention of us at all.

The first one is hilarious because it's about a top ten where we come first, but the headline states where the rags and dippers feature in the list.

The second headline is about the draw and basically says "Rags, Dippers and REAL MADRID await the draw". Fucking Real Madrid?! In an English newspaper?!

As I say it's an interesting new angle. I suppose there has to be a new angle, because saying City are the devil doesn't really work after the season we just had. Perhaps ignoring us will make us go away?

Along the sames lines (though it starts as more anti-England than anti-Man City), UEFA has just held it's annual meeting of 'top european coaches' (criteria for invitation are 'coached 100+ UCL matches, last season's UCL R16 clubs, last season's UEL semi-finals clubs', and discretionary invite)
UEFA's press release mentions:

Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus), Carlo Ancelotti (SSC Napoli), Rafael Benítez (Newcastle United FC), Sérgio Conceição (FC Porto), Unai Emery (Arsenal FC), Paulo Fonseca (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Rudi Garcia (Olympique de Marseille), Şenol Güneş (Beşiktaş JK), Julen Lopetegui (Real Madrid CF), José Mourinho (Manchester United FC), Thomas Tuchel (Paris Saint-Germain), Arsène Wenger.

The Beeb have done an article on one of the topics of discussion (away goals rule) and quoted from UEFA's press release so City don't get a mention once again. Airbrushed out of history.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 am

City64 wrote:You wouldn’t think Maureen has just been convicted of a 1 year jail sentence (suspended )for tax fraud today whilst he was manager of Real Madrid ???? Massive cover up going on seems starting with our friends the BBC who refuse to mention it anywhere ????

Just on ssn now. Not a rolling yellow banner, or a main headline in any way. Just appears on the white banner

"Jose Mourinho fined for tax reasons during his time in spain".

No biggie, nothing to see here.

Was he not found guilty and given a suspended sentence?

It kind of sounds like he got clamped or similar.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Just on ssn now. Not a rolling yellow banner, or a main headline in any way. Just appears on the white banner

There's a reason he fits in with the RAGs, he used the same tax evasion trick that the drunken Govan pisshead advised all his players to use - image rights.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Does this conviction mean he can’t come in to States now
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Bit of respect lads, three times.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:51 pm

I wonder if anyone has the balls to ask him about it in his next presser? A bit convenient this has been "agreed" during the international break eh?

Utter CUNT should be made not only to settle the outstanding but should at very minimum but also pay the same to a charity not if his choice,, the CUNT
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:45 am

Original Dub

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-champions-league-predictions-15126836

As bad as that article is its still not as bad as the fact than none of the "top" pundits or media fuckwits will have any bollocks and call it out for what it is and that's simply "I'm a cunt, I've achieved fuck all for myself so all I can hope for is to write click bait pieces of cockwobbling nonsense in the hope I get some air time for myself to make my shity self harming life have any meaning"
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-champions-league-predictions-15126836

you’re clearly their target audience
why do you let this shit get to you so much??

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Come on Nige, you're a running joke on here already with your naivety and lack of bottle when a direct question is put to you.

Now you're trying to tell me that a city fan is their target audience?

Fuck me you're a strange one.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:54 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:

As bad as that article is its still not as bad as the fact than none of the "top" pundits or media fuckwits will have any bollocks and call it out for what it is and that's simply "I'm a cunt, I've achieved fuck all for myself so all I can hope for is to write click bait pieces of cockwobbling nonsense in the hope I get some air time for myself to make my shity self harming life have any meaning"

I just don't get it? Had a quick look at her wiki page, for what it's worth, and seen that she's a Juve fan but has never lived in the country, nevermind the city. It also states that she gets stick because she comments on football, as if a woman shouldn't be aloud. Seems she's hard done by and we should take her seriously?

Well, you might if she actually got the facts right. Firstly, Pep hasn't told anybody to play his style of football. In fact, he went the complete opposite way and stated that he's not here to change it, just the way City play. And the 5 times in 24 away games, surely he's played more away games than that and I can categorically state that he's won more than 5 with us. Did he not win away with Bayern or Barca, that would be some feat! I'm sure he achieved a few records last season as well, can't think of any off the top of my head, ones that he didn't beat anyway.

So, for me, the rant is because she is angry with what Pep has achieved, and with City. Why would somebody want to rant about People unless they have been hurt in some way and I'd guess that she's a typical know-nowt sheep who uses the Juve thing as a front, as if to give her more street cred. I'd suggest that she's actually a lover of all things Rag or Dipper and the thought of Pep getting one over her true club is burning her up inside.

Other than that, she's a stupid cunt that the MEN have used as click-bait.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Come on Nige, you're a running joke on here already with your naivety and lack of bottle when a direct question is put to you.

Now you're trying to tell me that a city fan is their target audience?

Fuck me you're a strange one.

the show referenced in the article is called 'fighting talk'....
the clue 'might' be in the name?
she is a fucking no mark, trying to build a profile for herself by being nothing but contentious.
are you one of those foamers who calls talksport?
now about those moon landings...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

I just don't get it? Had a quick look at her wiki page, for what it's worth, and seen that she's a Juve fan but has never lived in the country, nevermind the city. It also states that she gets stick because she comments on football, as if a woman shouldn't be aloud. Seems she's hard done by and we should take her seriously?

Well, you might if she actually got the facts right. Firstly, Pep hasn't told anybody to play his style of football. In fact, he went the complete opposite way and stated that he's not here to change it, just the way City play. And the 5 times in 24 away games, surely he's played more away games than that and I can categorically state that he's won more than 5 with us. Did he not win away with Bayern or Barca, that would be some feat! I'm sure he achieved a few records last season as well, can't think of any off the top of my head, ones that he didn't beat anyway.

So, for me, the rant is because she is angry with what Pep has achieved, and with City. Why would somebody want to rant about People unless they have been hurt in some way and I'd guess that she's a typical know-nowt sheep who uses the Juve thing as a front, as if to give her more street cred. I'd suggest that she's actually a lover of all things Rag or Dipper and the thought of Pep getting one over her true club is burning her up inside.

It's 5 away wins in the knock-out stages.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

I assume the latter is true, but it is a selective figure. The aim is to the win the knock out tie, regardless of the score in the away match. One would not expect the away tie in a later stage to be a walk-over. Unless she draws some proper analysis from it, it is meaningless. Pep must be doing something right:

2008/09 Winner
2009/10 Semi-Final
2010/11 Winner
2011/12 Semi-Final
2013/14 Semi-Final
2014/15 Semi-Final
2015/16 Semi-Final
2016/17 Last 16
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

I assume the latter is true, but it is a selective figure. The aim is to the win the knock out tie, regardless of the score in the away match. One would not expect the away tie in a later stage to be a walk-over. Unless she draws some proper analysis from it, it is meaningless. Pep must be doing something right:

2008/09 Winner
2009/10 Semi-Final
2010/11 Winner
2011/12 Semi-Final
2013/14 Semi-Final
2014/15 Semi-Final
2015/16 Semi-Final
2016/17 Last 16

Cheers Pete but it still stands as silly bollox to paint a narrative that suits her rant. As shown here by Hutch, it has to be in context and not disingenuous. We have been told, and seen, many a time, how a draw or at least scoring a goal away gives you the advantage, yet she seems to not realise the difficulty of the CL when you get to the Knockout stage; if it was that easy it would be an open tournament where it's not only the few that win it. And totally missing anything and everything to do with what he has achieved, just a strange one for me from somebody I've not actually heard of.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Beefy, she's a bitter nutcase. She has a history of it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum