Brahim Diaz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Loan deals go pear shaped for a number of reasons and managers tend to put more interested and give more chances to the club's own players. Especially if the team is struggling.

Don't we own Giorna along with Pep's brother?

Yep. We have 44.3% ownership each of Girona. Girona FC group has 44.3% as well. Unsure who owns the rest.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:15 am

PrezIke wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Loan deals go pear shaped for a number of reasons and managers tend to put more interested and give more chances to the club's own players. Especially if the team is struggling.

Yep. We have 44.3% ownership each of Girona. Girona FC group has 44.3% as well. Unsure who owns the rest.

I'm not sure there's much left to divide after 132 % of the shares have been taken.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 am

Dunnylad wrote:One of these will turn into a KDB or Pogba and we’ll have egg over our faces for the move - Although we’ve not yet made a mistake as bad at the aforementioned and we probably had the same concerns about Sturridge and Schmeichel but neither you could argue have been too much of a loss.

Personally Diaz gets me out of my seat just by the directness of his play but I am not sure he has that touch of genius, which is what you’ll need to make the transition these days.

They may well do, which is why we are planning transfers cleverly with a clause for a buy back.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

I'm not sure there's much left to divide after 132 % of the shares have been taken.

Our maths can be math, so perhaps that explains these calculations.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Hate to bring this up, but increasingly thinking he will leave.

Rumours already swirling that "big" clubs are interested in signing him on a free in January. Would have to be a foreign club.

Dortmund...again? Seems like the most likely candidate as Pulisic I think will leave next summer.

Maybe Monaco, who also like to sign high potential young talent and play them.

What about Nice with Vierra being his former manager.

I hate to say it but teams like Spurs, Chelsea and even Arsenal might be interested as well, and he could get some games for both given their depth being not as great, but they won't be able to sign him until the summer.

If he leaves without a new contract this will be a pretty poor thing for the club again not getting much for he nor Sancho.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Wouldn't blame him. Get yourself off and get some game time like Sancho.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Difficult one really as we can’t just play the lad because he wants a game. He has to be an excellent player just to get in our match day squads these days, but in order to get to the level required he has to play games. And the lad is of an age where he wants to play. I imagine that as he hasn’t gone out on loan yet this season, we have plans to integrate him more into first team affairs. Time will tell whether Diaz himself is happy with this or that when he gets his cHanes he is hungry enough to take them
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 am

He’s always looked good when he’s been given some time on the pitch but it’s difficult to see how he can force us way into the team considering the players he has in front of him, and the fact we bought Mahrez in the summer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 am

aaron bond wrote:He’s always looked good when he’s been given some time on the pitch but it’s difficult to see how he can force us way into the team considering the players he has in front of him, and the fact we bought Mahrez in the summer.

I think that's the issue. We didn't need Mahrez did we.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:14 pm

As long as we keep buying big name players and only giving youngsters 5 appearances (totaling under 60mins probably) these kids arent gonna stay. Nor should they.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:As long as we keep buying big name players and only giving youngsters 5 appearances (totaling under 60mins probably) these kids arent gonna stay. Nor should they.

You are, as usual, completely right.

What should we do, oh wise one?
Original Dub

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Mase wrote:
aaron bond wrote:He’s always looked good when he’s been given some time on the pitch but it’s difficult to see how he can force us way into the team considering the players he has in front of him, and the fact we bought Mahrez in the summer.

We need competitive senior players for other reasons though, to keep the squad on its toes. We have seen twice how easy it is for a title-winning side to drop its performance the next season. Fresh blood and competition motivates the established players and it is not fair to expect Diaz and Foden to provide that over a full season at this stage.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

We need competitive senior players for other reasons though, to keep the squad on its toes. We have seen twice how easy it is for a title-winning side to drop its performance the next season. Fresh blood and competition motivates the established players and it is not fair to expect Diaz and Foden to provide that over a full season at this stage.

You’re right, which is the biggest conundrum we face at the moment. Of course hindsight will be the ultimate barometer as if we fail to retain the league we should have played the kids more. Win the league and it was the right decision. Personally my only gripe with peps way is the number of tkmes he doesn’t bring them on as soon as a game is put to bed. Foden and Diaz should have had more run outs last season with the number of hidings we handed out.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:44 pm

take 5 of the 20 chances we create in the first 60 mins of each game and we could easily give the youngsters more time, with limited pressure. but finishing isn’t an issue.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 am

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:As long as we keep buying big name players and only giving youngsters 5 appearances (totaling under 60mins probably) these kids arent gonna stay. Nor should they.

Never claimed to be wise. What do you suggest we do to prove to the current crop of kids and any we try to sign in the future that they actually have a legitimate chance to break into a side with so many big name, established players?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Never claimed to be wise. What do you suggest we do to prove to the current crop of kids and any we try to sign in the future that they actually have a legitimate chance to break into a side with so many big name, established players?

We don't have to prove anything to any of them. We supply them with the best academy facilities in world football. They have to prove they can get in and around the senior squad and then they have to prove they are good enough to get a few minutes here and there. And then they have to prove they can get a starting place ahead of an established player. Which is very difficult to do. And so it should be.

This bullshit of other clubs giving youngsters the chance and we don't,blah blah... look at Rashford and that horrible cunt Jesse - they aren't good enough for our team. They are for the rags though.

The level we are at and where we want to be vs other clubs is very different. Why don't we monitor what percentage of the ones that we let go manage to break into that elite bracket?

That might go some way as to telling you why our owners are absolutely delighted with how the academy is going and also why they are happy with what level they have to get to before Pep lets them in the team..
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:50 pm

OD - how can they prove they're good enough to get in? By smashing it in the Charity Shield to the point people were asking "how old is Foden?!". He made Jorginho look like a tit. He's played 8 minutes since. Why? Because better players are in front of him? No.

I don't buy this "he needs to be patient bullshit". We're lucky he actually supports City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Mase wrote:OD - how can they prove they're good enough to get in? By smashing it in the Charity Shield to the point people were asking "how old is Foden?!". He made Jorginho look like a tit. He's played 8 minutes since. Why? Because better players are in front of him? No.

I don't buy this "he needs to be patient bullshit". We're lucky he actually supports City.

foden needs to realise that he can't dislodge an established first team performers like mahrez
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Mase wrote:OD - how can they prove they're good enough to get in? By smashing it in the Charity Shield to the point people were asking "how old is Foden?!". He made Jorginho look like a tit. He's played 8 minutes since. Why? Because better players are in front of him? No.

I don't think we're any more lucky than he is.

Weiss looked amazing against Barcelona too mate, around the same age, but look what happened to him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Foden is on the road to becoming the real deal, but he'll be in properly when he is properly ready. I certainly don't think Pep dislikes him or has any other ulterior motive. And I also feel Pep is in the best position to know when the time is right...

I know I'd love to see him in now, but I can't say he should be. So it's my heart, not my head !
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:09 pm

so back to diaz...he catches the eye b/c of his dribbling, but he's a bit of headless chicken imo. don't think he'd make it with us even if we gave him 35 starts to bed in. that's my opinion. but i know f*ck all, just like the rest of you. in pep i trust.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum