Refs 2018/2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Refs 2018/2019

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:it’s not bias. it’s gross incompetence. as i have said on countless occasions, the referees in england simply aren’t up to the job. they simply haven’t been able to keep up with the pace that the game has evolved at.

Why do you think the two are mutually exclusive?

What makes you think there is no bias in football - even after a former ref says there is?

now it seems that you’re backing down...
i thought that there was a big conspiracy against city specifically that the refs are part of?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:it’s not bias. it’s gross incompetence. as i have said on countless occasions, the referees in england simply aren’t up to the job. they simply haven’t been able to keep up with the pace that the game has evolved at.

What makes you think there is no bias in football - even after a former ref says there is?

i thought that there was a big conspiracy against city specifically that the refs are part of?

Now you're just being silly again, when it looked like you were finally making the tiniest bit of progress.

I'll say it again for you, because you're not the sharpest tool in the box:

There is incompetence and bias in premier league officiating.

You think there is no bias at all. Even though a former top ref has said there is.

That makes you a stupid cunt.

Go back to one liners and 3 dots. You're boring me now, I'm home.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Now you're just being silly again, when it looked like you were finally making the tiniest bit of progress.

You think there is no bias at all. Even though a former top ref has said there is.

specifically against us???
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

specifically against us???

What a fucking weird reply !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 pm

no surprise that od’s wannabe bum chum is active in this one
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:17 pm

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:You're comparing any potential bias in officiating to a conspiracy about the moon landing now Nige?

Poor cunt.

some of the more intelligent folk on here may take the time to read the link i posted...

Oh I read that piece alright, don't you worry about that.

So you are letting this "Phil" answer the question I asked YOU? How did you find "Phil", Nige? Did you have to search online for "conspiracy theories on Mike Riley" or something similar?

That's you in a nut shell. You call people out for their observations and then use someone else's as yours?

You're the most naive cunt on here and I think it's fair to say that's common knowledge. This hasn't got anything to do with Moon Landings or the All Knowing Phil, so grow a pair of balls and answer the question I asked YOU.

‘riley 50th game’ was the google search:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=riley ... ent=safari

the guy presents a BALANCED, fact based argument. i know that you find those kind of things hard to deal with.

read any teams forum and i guarantee that there will be threads alleging bias. cutemanc’s opposition view threads often contain allegations that we are favoured by referees.

would be lovely if you could explain how your theory works, with details of all the agents involved, the hierarchy of bias and how all the people necessary to make it work over all these years haven’t had their cover broken.

Nutty Nige has fairies at the bottom of his garden ..........

Ha ha ha, I read that as from a an excitable bloke with an a high pitched voice running and jumping in the garden sprinkling flowers as he goes.

Fuck me, I'm a fruit bat! Ha ha ha
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:An ex top referee who refused a payoff to shut the fuck up has already said there is agendas and Bias in the refereeing department against certain players/ clubs ( words to that effect).

By all means diss those of us who already knew this , but to ignore a fuckign ex top referree who says the same thing ?????

Whose barmy again ?

And Martin Samuel, the renowned sports journalist, stated live on air that there is a bias in the media towards the old Sky 4 and that the rest get the shitty end of the stick.

He's also stated how UEFA have succomb to the old G14 and allowed them to get an easier ride and a bigger cut f the money.

I don't think Anybody truly believes that there isn't bias in the game, even those who want to stay childlike in their beliefs that everybody has the same chance, it's just that they now feel that they have to fight their corner. Or, in some cases, fight for their previous judgement to wind others up in order to get some form of retribution.

Being wrong shouldn't be shoved down your throat, being wrong should be a way for education.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:no surprise that od’s wannabe bum chum is active in this one

Another fucking weird reply !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:An ex top referee who refused a payoff to shut the fuck up has already said there is agendas and Bias in the refereeing department against certain players/ clubs ( words to that effect).

By all means diss those of us who already knew this , but to ignore a fuckign ex top referree who says the same thing ?????

Whose barmy again ?

And Martin Samuel, the renowned sports journalist, stated live on air that there is a bias in the media towards the old Sky 4 and that the rest get the shitty end of the stick.

He's also stated how UEFA have succomb to the old G14 and allowed them to get an easier ride and a bigger cut f the money.

I don't think Anybody truly believes that there isn't bias in the game, even those who want to stay childlike in their beliefs that everybody has the same chance, it's just that they now feel that they have to fight their corner. Or, in some cases, fight for their previous judgement to wind others up in order to get some form of retribution.

Being wrong shouldn't be shoved down your throat, being wrong should be a way for education.

Martin Samuels went out of his way when Mancini was manager at City to expose the bias towards the rags and Taggart and what we City were up against , he wrote some fantastic eye opening stuff at the time Beefy I recollect .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Whose barmy again ?

Martin Samuels went out of his way when Mancini was manager at City to expose the bias towards the rags and Taggart and what we City were up against , he wrote some fantastic eye opening stuff at the time Beefy I recollect .

What I like about is editorials is that he is not for us, he is impartial and also uses us to prove other points that don't quite go in our favour; he'll basically use the top clubs to prove the point. Against us, it's a hard read sometimes, but you can never fail to respect the point he is making.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:45 pm

I am expecting the bin dippers to get every help possible from the “powers” that be this season . They got a lot last season to be fair but still won fuck all !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm

City64 wrote:I am expecting the bin dippers to get every help possible from the “powers” that be this season . They got a lot last season to be fair but still won fuck all !

That’s why we have to win by more than 2 goals a game to ensure we win - last year we did exactly that .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

But it will balance itself out over the course of the season won't it?

Just like it did for the last 6 years?
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Says it all when that cunt Scudamore comes out and publicly says he doesn’t want a team running away with again this year.....knowing full well we are the only team capable.
Nothing really meantioned in the media so that’s an ok comment
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Says it all when that cunt Scudamore comes out and publicly says he doesn’t want a team running away with again this year.....knowing full well we are the only team capable.
Nothing really meantioned in the media so that’s an ok comment

I wonder if he would've said that if it was the Rags or Dippers that did what we did?

What he was really saying was he needs the Rags/Dippers/Arse to be challenging for the title and of its none of them then it hurts them financially.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:58 pm

stuart atwell v Fulham. :roll:
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Original Dub wrote:But it will balance itself out over the course of the season won't it?

One of the biggest myths in football, still peddled as gospel because Baconchops said so.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Id hazard a fuckign guess that the clubs who went against VAR have done an in depth analysis of all decisions for and against them over the last few seasons - poind to a fuckign penny that if VAR existed then they would have been fucked.

I have it on good authority that Palace voted against VAR and that because they apparently got more decisions for than if VAR existed.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:But it will balance itself out over the course of the season won't it?

One of the biggest myths in football, still peddled as gospel because Baconchops said so.

You better believe it mate.

I still laugh whenever that line comes up in a conversation.

It was genius though when you think about it. The one team who had more favourable decisions than any other for such a long time and they're the ones that out it out there.

Hats off. It's still used to this day. And more further from the truth than ever.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:06 am

The VAR trial showed only one decision that would have been over turned. Sane's second goal should have stood.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-13254528
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum