Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 pm

So the rags attendancies are 100% correct according to the BBC and the bent Merseyside Police who never see anything don't have records of anything LFC ?
Right ok flawed BBC bullshit yet again , loads and loads of empty seats at the swamp last season because the football is fucking boring shite and LFC and Merseyside are jointly corrupt as fuck but heyho both clubs are the key BBC clickbait audience ......... fuck off BBC !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I find it laughable that we are down 7500 on average yet scum manage to convince everyone that thier figures exactly match the published figures. Something not right there.

Average attendances per club
Club (% of capacity) FOI (% of capacity) Difference (% of capacity)

West Ham 55,309 (97%) 42,779* (75%) 12,530 (22%)
Man City 53,274 (97%) 45,792* (83%) 7,482 (14%)
Southampton 29,906 (92%) 25,660 (79%) 4,246 (13%)
Tottenham 61,843 (69%) 58,103 (65%) 3,740 (4%)
Chelsea 40,593 (98%) 37,088** (89%) 3,505 (8%)
Watford 20,319 (95%) 17,171*** (80%) 2,602 (15%)
Man Utd 73,575 (98%) 73,575* (98%) 0 (0%)

Read the article this morning and it's basically a load of bullshit aimed at the click-bait Rags in order for them to try and beat us with. We've already seen that the Rags ain't full and it was reported as fact a couple of years back yet the Beeb seem to somehow get figures that say they are full every game. It's obviously sanctioned by a Rag and written by a Rag for the Rags. This is what happens when you have the Swamp across the way.

Some f the figures for us are ridiculous as you can't even imagine those games against Spurs and Liverpool weren't 99% full. Yes, we will be down in occasions due to individual personal circumstances but to the tune of 10s of thousands, you're having a laugh. Don't get me wrong, when I moved to Colin Bell 3 in the mid 00s there were plenty of seats empty, and you'd see lots in the East Stand, but that soon changed and ever since it's always been near enough full.

The biggest question for me is why they have to declare tickets sold rather than actual attendance? Is there something in the Sky/PL contract that says there could be sanctions if the clubs aren't getting over a certain percentage of bums on seats that it affects the contract. Such as, if Sky/BT is having an adverse effect on the match day fan then the packages to be shown on TV for the next contract are decreased?

Oh, and as talked about on here, we had a what looked like full house for a game last year yet it was reported that we were about 6 or 7 thousand fans short. There didn't look an empty seat in the house so it must be a reporting issue.

As for the article, the Beeb have gone out of their way, under the guidance of the ex-MUTV boss, to try and put us down again with the only thing that they think they can hurt us with. It's pathetic that the Beeb can do this but yet again, like all the sordid stuff that went on in the past, they just carry on regardless.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 pm

The police published some figures about the rag attendances about 3 years ago. they were down 10-15 thousand in some games and cup games were worse. Seems Jose's scintillating football has got them flocking back. The BBC is a propaganda outfit across all its outlets involving everything from news to politics to sport. It cannot be trusted to be honest about what day of the week it is.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Anyone got this sinking feeling that this premier league footballer who’s been charged with rape of a minor is gonna end up being associated with us somehow
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Wooders wrote:Anyone got this sinking feeling that this premier league footballer who’s been charged with rape of a minor is gonna end up being associated with us somehow

Qué?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The police published some figures about the rag attendances about 3 years ago. they were down 10-15 thousand in some games and cup games were worse. Seems Jose's scintillating football has got them flocking back. The BBC is a propaganda outfit across all its outlets involving everything from news to politics to sport. It cannot be trusted to be honest about what day of the week it is.

Interesting, isn't it. Even the match going Rags won't believe that as I know from a first-hand source who admits to their being many empty seats. Like I said earlier, it's normal, and always has been, for people not to turn up, but it seems the RBC has gone full tilt and we can't now trust a thing it says.

I've wondered for a while now why when people do this FoI shit, they use the Police for that info rather than going to the club?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:00 am

Am listening to this week's episode of a Swedish Premier League pod cast and of course they bring up the BBC report and swallow it whole without any criticism or reflection. The host also claimed that there are far more United supporters than City supporters in Manchester and claimed that City are presenting inflated numbers because we are a propaganda project. Sigh ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:12 am

mr_nool wrote:Am listening to this week's episode of a Swedish Premier League pod cast and of course they bring up the BBC report and swallow it whole without any criticism or reflection. The host also claimed that there are far more United supporters than City supporters in Manchester and claimed that City are presenting inflated numbers because we are a propaganda project. Sigh ...

Lol
Without any sense of self awareness? Hilarious that they would make such statements then turn around and call us the propaganda project
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am

Wooders wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Am listening to this week's episode of a Swedish Premier League pod cast and of course they bring up the BBC report and swallow it whole without any criticism or reflection. The host also claimed that there are far more United supporters than City supporters in Manchester and claimed that City are presenting inflated numbers because we are a propaganda project. Sigh ...

Lol
Without any sense of self awareness? Hilarious that they would make such statements then turn around and call us the propaganda project

The host is a bitter bin dipper fan.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Lol

The host is a bitter bin dipper fan.

There's a bit of a pattern developing here ?
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm

ESPN reporting Manchester City set to record 500mill profits closing on on Manchester Ushited
So all this bolX makes sense now They are getting the knives in first lol Wankers
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm

carolina-blue wrote:ESPN reporting Manchester City set to record 500mill profits closing on on Manchester Ushited
So all this bolX makes sense now They are getting the knives in first lol Wankers

You surely mean turnover?

Imagine profit will be made but cant see it being much more than £40/50M
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:ESPN reporting Manchester City set to record 500mill profits closing on on Manchester Ushited

You surely mean turnover?

Imagine profit will be made but cant see it being much more than £40/50M

10.4m reported on BM site.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm

'Man City announce record revenue'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11496710
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm

And still turned in a £10M profit after spending a lot last year. Given that our net spend this year is only about £25M so far, we might just smash the profits next year allowing a mega money transfer next summer
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:Check this puppy of a headline out:

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/m ... 35198.html

If you want a real laugh, go and checkout the comments on the BBC article about Silva. The highlight has to be some rag mong saying Silva isnt even good enough to make the rags reserve bench
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:19 pm

I love the shitty empty seat story being released just before we blow the cunts out of the water with the 'Half a billion in the bank's release.

It's as if they saw it coming.

*smiling like the Cheshire Cat

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Check this puppy of a headline out:

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/m ... 35198.html

Silva the new Toure! Who’d have thought it! Traitors the lot of em!!
Gotta love the press....absolute arseholes!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Good grief - they got the Novochok brothers on BBC2 talking about Merlin :shock: :shock:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum