Brahim Diaz

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brahim Diaz

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 am

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:OD - how can they prove they're good enough to get in? By smashing it in the Charity Shield to the point people were asking "how old is Foden?!". He made Jorginho look like a tit. He's played 8 minutes since. Why? Because better players are in front of him? No.

I don't buy this "he needs to be patient bullshit". We're lucky he actually supports City.

I don't think we're any more lucky than he is.

Weiss looked amazing against Barcelona too mate, around the same age, but look what happened to him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Foden is on the road to becoming the real deal, but he'll be in properly when he is properly ready. I certainly don't think Pep dislikes him or has any other ulterior motive. And I also feel Pep is in the best position to know when the time is right...

I know I'd love to see him in now, but I can't say he should be. So it's my heart, not my head !

I saw Weiss that night walk past Barca players, he looked unplayable. Pep is the best option for any player young or old, he was a player and will always be on the look out for a better option. Foden, Diaz are in a shark tank not Huddersfield or Saints where they are banging the door down to get a game. City is the best team on the planet with depth and competition brutal, The fact we saw Foden and Diaz in the Charity shield I think answers the argument in some ways. It was a stroll in the sun.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:16 pm

It'll be a crying shame if we lose Brahim cos the Algerian Petrov is standing in his way. My heart sinks when Mahrez comes on and I resent him
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:It'll be a crying shame if we lose Brahim cos the Algerian Petrov is standing in his way. My heart sinks when Mahrez comes on and I resent him

Mahrez is worse than Bony imo. We've paid a hell of a lot more and he's keeping other people from getting time. All this "give him time" bollocks....we took the piss out of Sanchez for having a shit time at the rags.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Mase wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:It'll be a crying shame if we lose Brahim cos the Algerian Petrov is standing in his way. My heart sinks when Mahrez comes on and I resent him

Mahrez is worse than Bony imo. We've paid a hell of a lot more and he's keeping other people from getting time. All this "give him time" bollocks....we took the piss out of Sanchez for having a shit time at the rags.

And Sanchez is still having a shit time at the rags.

I just feel Mahrez is a mardy waiting to throw his toys out...hes trying too hard IMO , he has to remember hes not the main man here..hes not even in fuckign 12th place as far as thats concerned.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

I just feel Mahrez is a mardy waiting to throw his toys out...hes trying too hard IMO , he has to remember hes not the main man here..hes not even in fuckign 12th place as far as thats concerned.

Mahrez is a class player. He will be terrific for us.
Takes at least six months to adapt to Pep and his way of playing football.
Towards season's end he will begin to shine.
It will be next season before we see the best of him.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:47 am

Dimples wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's not that he's not adapted to our style at all mate. He's tripping over the ball and wants to take everything on himself. It's nothing to do with the style of play.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:50 am

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:diaz is probably looking at what sancho is doing at dortmund...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45543072
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... a-dortmund

Which fuckin moron do we have looking at our youngsters contracts?

Such a shame with Sancho.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Aren't we playing in the league cup soon. Play him in that game for the 90.
And Foden aswell.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 pm

sheblue wrote:Aren't we playing in the league cup soon. Play him in that game for the 90.
And Foden aswell.

90 mins away at oxford being kicked to death by a bunch of journeymen. guaranteed to keep 'em interested that...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Whinging, whining, negative cunt nige. Will you pipe the fuck down you Muppet.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Who’d be a manager. You just can’t win.

So we shouldn’t play them in these cup games because the might get kicked, but we should put them into Premiership games ahead of the likes of Mahrez.

I just don’t get it.

I’m for both by the way. Play them in the cup games with a good balance of senior players and also ahead of Mahrez in the Prem, st least until he gets the message that it’s not about him, the team ethos comes first.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's not that he's not adapted to our style at all mate. He's tripping over the ball and wants to take everything on himself. It's nothing to do with the style of play.

Mahrez is top draw, judge him in time, Pep and the club all day every day.......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:Aren't we playing in the league cup soon. Play him in that game for the 90.
And Foden aswell.

90 mins away at oxford being kicked to death by a bunch of journeymen. guaranteed to keep 'em interested that...

Ok then. Play both of them at Cardiff, sure they wont get kicked there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
And Foden aswell.

The life of every party is our Nige.

Except the music is too loud. Now it's too soft. But not that song, change the song. In fact, turn it off. Now the atmosphere has died. Play a song on the guitar. Oh, that's out of tune that is. Not that song, it's too loud, can't you play the guitar more quietly?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 am

If Foden and Diaz dont play substantial minutes in the upcoming cup then Pep is lying
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:09 am

dazby wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
And Foden aswell.

The life of every party is our Nige.

Except the music is too loud. Now it's too soft. But not that song, change the song. In fact, turn it off. Now the atmosphere has died. Play a song on the guitar. Oh, that's out of tune that is. Not that song, it's too loud, can't you play the guitar more quietly?

Escaped from the ''special facility'' again Spazby ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 am

I expect both to start cup games and hopefully shine.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 am

Saul Goodman wrote:If Foden and Diaz dont play substantial minutes in the upcoming cup then Pep is lying

I fucking hate some of our new supporters. I really do.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:50 am

Original Dub wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:If Foden and Diaz dont play substantial minutes in the upcoming cup then Pep is lying

I fucking hate some of our new supporters. I really do.

wow...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum