Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Storm in a teacup moment. Pep just bringing him down a peg or two and as quietly as possible and while he is recovering from an injury. I reckon Pep still loves him and can't wait to get him back fit and available. He's going nowhere

Imo - it’s not a storm in a tea cup , PePs body language was a man well pissed off , anyone that can see , can see that .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:"banned from the first team set up" he's injured FFS :lol: chances are he wouldn't have been near the first team set up. He talks some absolute shite that Sam Lee

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was “injured” in the way players are “injured” during friendly International breaks.

That said, you are of course correct in your assessment of Sam Lee

I have the same thoughts as well mate, that Pepnis keeping it quiet that he's been disciplined. It's obvious he's riled the manager and this latest issue has just got his back up a little bit more.

Good management I'd say.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 am

Can someone point me in the direction of these defensive calamities we’ve had with Mendy? It’s said so much it’s become all but fact by our lot and I’ve no clue why.

So far this season by my count he’s played 5 games?

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

How’s that run of results any different from usual for us? He also played quite well in a 5-0 win against the scousers last season. Which games has he cost us? Cos I can point to plenty of assists and attacking brilliance but can’t think of any teal defensive howlers off the top of my head.

Not saying he’s perfect by any stretch but I cant think of a mistake as bad as delphs against Lyon or Eds last season at anfield. For me he add so much going forward and is quick enough to get back. We don’t lose much playing him at the back but add so much going forward.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:44 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Can someone point me in the direction of these defensive calamities we’ve had with Mendy? It’s said so much it’s become all but fact by our lot and I’ve no clue why.

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

How’s that run of results any different from usual for us? He also played quite well in a 5-0 win against the scousers last season. Which games has he cost us? Cos I can point to plenty of assists and attacking brilliance but can’t think of any teal defensive howlers off the top of my head.

Not saying he’s perfect by any stretch but I cant think of a mistake as bad as delphs against Lyon or Eds last season at anfield. For me he add so much going forward and is quick enough to get back. We don’t lose much playing him at the back but add so much going forward.

He's a shit defender mate, fact.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:23 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Can someone point me in the direction of these defensive calamities we’ve had with Mendy? It’s said so much it’s become all but fact by our lot and I’ve no clue why.

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

Any match he's played he's caught out of position.

Against Wolves would be a perfect example. Adama destroyed him! A championship player that can't get in the Wolves first team came on and gave him a hiding.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 am

Mase wrote:

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

Against Wolves would be a perfect example. Adama destroyed him! A championship player that can't get in the Wolves first team came on and gave him a hiding.

Is that the same Adama Traore that Pep tried to sign when he was at Munich?

As for the hiding, came on for the last 20 minutes with fresh legs and managed to get the better of Mendy twice to put crosses in, which came to nothing. It's what Traore does, he's one of the best around at it, running at fullbacks causing all sorts of problems for them and then seriously lacking on his final ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

He's a shit defender mate, fact.

Well that’s me told. Waste of a post that mate.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 am

Mase wrote:

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

As for the hiding, came on for the last 20 minutes with fresh legs and managed to get the better of Mendy twice to put crosses in, which came to nothing. It's what Traore does, he's one of the best around at it, running at fullbacks causing all sorts of problems for them and then seriously lacking on his final ball.

I doubt it.

Hahaha one of the best around at that :lol: That's why he can't get in the Wolves team? Come on mate, you don't have to be right about everything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:14 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Chelsea won 2-0
Arse won 2-0
Huddersfield won 6-1
Wolves 1-1
Newcastle won 2-1

I doubt it.

Hahaha one of the best around at that :lol: That's why he can't get in the Wolves team? Come on mate, you don't have to be right about everything.

I'm just giving my opinion mate, that's allowed, isn't it?

The stats will tell you that he has one of the best rates of succesful dribbles across Europe but you ignore that if it suits.

Oh and he must've been lying then

“Bayern are a great club but it’s complicated to play. I am grateful to Guardiola for showing his interest and I hope in the future I can learn from him."
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:19 am

Stats. What defenders have they been against? As you say, if he's coming on 20 mins from the end then the defenders will be "tired".

I just wonder why he can't get in the first team of a team that's just been promoted?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 am

Mase wrote:Stats. What defenders have they been against? As you say, if he's coming on 20 mins from the end then the defenders will be "tired".

I just wonder why he can't get in the first team of a team that's just been promoted?

what is a ‘successful dribble’?
some of these stats are a crock of shit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:Stats. What defenders have they been against? As you say, if he's coming on 20 mins from the end then the defenders will be "tired".

Here here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

I'd suggest the reason he can't get in is because he's not a team player, he tries to do it all himself too much, he needs that coaching out of him. I'd also suggest his lack of end product works against him.

Stats suit the argument when it comes to Sterling mate so why not when it comes to Traore?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

It's when you take a man on and beat him, it's not that difficult a concept to grasp.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 am

I'd suggest the reason he can't get in is because he's not a team player, he tries to do it all himself too much, he needs that coaching out of him. I'd also suggest his lack of end product works against him.

Stats suit the argument when it comes to Sterling mate so why not when it comes to Traore?

Stats do whatever your agenda wants them to do. How long is it since Sterling scored for England?
A long time......he must be shite.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Stats do whatever your agenda wants them to do. How long is it since Sterling scored for England?

Go and have a look at at a few videos of him then, you can see what he does regardless of the oppo, he ties them up in knots with his close control and bursts by them with pace and then usually fucks up his final ball. What you see will be consistent with the stats.

I accept stats can be used to suit an argument, that's not the point, the point was Mase is happy for Sterling's stats to be used to champion him yet he'll dismiss Traore's stats.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:36 am

Stats with Sterling I look at are how many goals he's scored and how many assists he's had. End product.

Those stats for Adama could be him skinning someone then cutting back and getting tackled. It's impossible to tell. how many assists has he had?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Go and have a look at at a few videos of him then, you can see what he does regardless of the oppo, he ties them up in knots with his close control and bursts by them with pace and then usually fucks up his final ball. What you see will be consistent with the stats.

I accept stats can be used to suit an argument, that's not the point, the point was Mase is happy for Sterling's stats to be used to champion him yet he'll dismiss Traore's stats.

Stats don’t tell the full story of s game.
Without joining the argument over Bendy, I just think your first sentence has more logic than any stats.
Stats are a good way to back up a point but TBH I get sick of people on here bombarding us with a whole load of nonsensical stats that are supposed to mean something when they mean sod all.

Believe your eyes and what your own brain has processed. There is much more going on in a Football match than a whole load of individual stats, although sports scientists would have us believe otherwise.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am

Mase wrote:

Stats with Sterling I look at are how many goals he's scored and how many assists he's had. End product.

Those stats for Adama could be him skinning someone then cutting back and getting tackled. It's impossible to tell. how many assists has he had?

I haven't checked his assists mate, I'd say likely low as, like I've said above, his final ball is lacking.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:48 am

Mase wrote:

I haven't checked his assists mate, I'd say likely low as, like I've said above, his final ball is lacking.

I completely see where you're coming from mate, but those stats for Adama could be that he's beaten someone and failed to get the cross in. If that's the case it's just speed. Back to the original point - if Mendy can't deal with a player that's just come up from the championship (after having the summer off basically) when said player just relies on speed, then Mendy isn't very good at defending.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum