Lawro & DC Predictions v Dippers (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 pm

No prizes for guessing this weeks prediction from Lawro as he never predicts his beloved dippers to lose!!

This week sees Lawro take on radio 1's Chris Stark
Stark, who co-presents 'That Peter Crouch podcast', describes himself as a "massive" Watford fan and says: "I have been for pretty much all my whole life.
"I have got to admit I was a little bit of a Manchester United fan for like the first five years of my life, but I think you just write that off to ignorance don't you? No offence to United fans.
"I have got too many Watford heroes to mention - at the moment big Troy Deeney is one of them, I just think he is amazing and he has done wonders for Watford.
"He gets written off every season and comes back stronger, so I love Troy.
"From Watford teams gone by, I would say Paul Robinson - because I play left-back myself, even though I am right-footed - and Heidar Helguson, who was brilliant when he was up front for us. "Then obviously there are legends of Watford's history, like Graham Taylor, Luther Blissett and John Barnes - the big names."

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45652012

Manchester City were so dominant last season because they had long spells where they were near their peak.
In contrast, I don't think either of these teams are playing near their best level yet.
But from my memory of winning the league myself with Liverpool, that does not matter - you just try to win games, regardless of how well you are playing.

And both teams just seem to keep on doing that. They are still getting results in the Premier League despite their players not really hitting their stride individually or collectively.
People are seeing City and Liverpool both being in quite average form as being a negative issue but, if you look at it another way, then they are both near the top of the table and they haven't even started playing the way they can.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Chris's prediction: This is the big one. I really think anything could happen at this game but it is at Anfield so I am going to give Liverpool the benefit of the doubt. 2-1

Near the top, NO LAWRO - CITY Are top!

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

I'm slightly favouring Manchester City. For me, it looks like hard work for Liverpool at the moment.

Last week they had a great game against Chelsea but I think it took its toll on Jurgen Klopp's team. Their pressing from the front looks like hard work whereas last year it looked natural. I think they are going to fall asleep a couple of times during the game for City to punish them.

The pressure will be on City though. If Liverpool can pick up a win they'll be serious contenders for the title. However, a win for City and I think they'll run away with it again. The big difference is that certain Liverpool players have to play all the time and that will take its toll.

If Raheem Sterling, who has been great for City, doesn't play in a certain game he wouldn't really be missed but Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Virgil van Dijk, the full-backs and James Milner they have to play all the time otherwise the team gets severely weakened. Someone like Daniel Sturridge has come in and done well but can he do that for 10 games on the trot?

That's the reason why I think City will have the edge. It's at Anfield and the Liverpool fans are as good as anybody else's fans, but I just think the last couple of games will have taken something out of Liverpool.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 ()

Well said Merson :mrgreen:
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re : Merson.

Has he cracked ? gone for an away win !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Liverpool are at home but the pressure is on City to win?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Lawro: ' from my memory of winning the league myself with Liverpool' - a bloody good memory to go that far back!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Lawro: ' from my memory of winning the league myself with Liverpool' - a bloody good memory to go that far back!

Haha A+
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Surprised lawro said 1-1. He must be worried about something. Or maybe he just doesn't know who the ref is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:14 pm

I'd agree with Merson, apart from 'the pressure is on City' line. However, the Anfield thing is not just a Guardioka issue, it's more deep routed than that and goes a long way back. The game Sunday should be a 50/50 who should win bit because it's there then I have to say it's more 70/30 in their favour, even with their exertions of late.

I've even put us down for a loss on the Predictor, I have that little faith in us going to Klanfield!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:13 pm

Always liked DC :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Lawro's points are all about hope rather than reality. If you're a pundit then you have to leave the emotional side behind and the line about 'Both being in average form' is a real tell when you consider we've won our last 4 whilst the Dippers have lost 2 in the last 3, or 1 win in the same period.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Lawro's points are all about hope rather than reality. If you're a pundit then you have to leave the emotional side behind and the line about 'Both being in average form' is a real tell when you consider we've won our last 4 whilst the Dippers have lost 2 in the last 3, or 1 win in the same period.

He’s a dipper. Twisting the truth to suit his viewpoint is second nature
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd agree with Merson, apart from 'the pressure is on City' line. However, the Anfield thing is not just a Guardioka issue, it's more deep routed than that and goes a long way back. The game Sunday should be a 50/50 who should win bit because it's there then I have to say it's more 70/30 in their favour, even with their exertions of late.

I've even put us down for a loss on the Predictor, I have that little faith in us going to Klanfield!

I do not agree with that.
In the PL last year, we switched of for 10 minutes, they took max advantage - but we almost got back to even.
In the CL, we were robbed by the officials - end of.

If the playing field is level, I think we will win.
They are not playing well, Salah has 2nd season syndrome (hopefully), Mane is a red card waiting to happen, I have a question mark over their keeper and I absolutely detest that arrogant twat Van Dyke.......
Atkinson is the biggest cause for concern but it is all over the media how he has shafted us in the past.
Can the PL and Sky afford to compromise its integrity with a global audience watching intently?
A staged win for the Dippers could cost more $$$ than letting them lose gracefully.

City to win.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Return to The Maine Football forum