Champions League UEFA Corruption

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Main roads atmosphere and the kippax was the atmosphere created by the older generation back in the day ,IE me and the like - these days too many tourists and lazy fans with cel phones, more interested in taking selfies than screaming for our team .,,,,it’s sad.

New generation of fan IMO .

Palace fans make more noise between 300 of them over the course of 90 mins than almost all of our 55,000 ffs !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Main roads atmosphere and the kippax was the atmosphere created by the older generation back in the day ,IE me and the like - these days too many tourists and lazy fans with cel phones, more interested in taking selfies than screaming for our team .,,,,it’s sad.

Palace fans make more noise between 300 of them over the course of 90 mins than almost all of our 55,000 ffs !!!

Cheeseman mentioned a decent atmosphere at Barca. I've been and he's chatting shit. It's full of tourists on the phones taking pictures. Every big club is the same unfortunately.

You'll get shitty clubs like Palace that are like that because their ground holds 3 people.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Main roads atmosphere and the kippax was the atmosphere created by the older generation back in the day ,IE me and the like - these days too many tourists and lazy fans with cel phones, more interested in taking selfies than screaming for our team .,,,,it’s sad.

Cheeseman mentioned a decent atmosphere at Barca. I've been and he's chatting shit. It's full of tourists on the phones taking pictures. Every big club is the same unfortunately.

You'll get shitty clubs like Palace that are like that because their ground holds 3 people.

And not just 'big' clubs; I am working my way through the league clubs and at almost every one, unless there is something special about the home teams' performance (or very few away fans), the away fans out-sing the home.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

And not just 'big' clubs; I am working my way through the league clubs and at almost every one, unless there is something special about the home teams' performance (or very few away fans), the away fans out-sing the home.

It's just the way it is. Football isn't the same anymore. People go on about Anfield - they sing YNWA for the first minute then shut the fuck up for 89 minutes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:52 pm

It's not a generational thing, but rather a societal – the old farts going aren't singing as much anymore either.

The society has changed/is changing. Everything has been sanitised and cleaned up. Not just in football.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

It's just the way it is. Football isn't the same anymore. People go on about Anfield - they sing YNWA for the first minute then shut the fuck up for 89 minutes.

Trying to be objective, I think they frequently create an intimidating atmosphere for the big games. I remember Mario Balotelli saying, when he was still playing for us, that Anfield was the hardest PL ground to play at, because of the crowd noise and atmosphere.

Dortmund was similar and IMO one of the reasons Klopp was keen to join them. Dortmund's fans never stopped singing when we played them in the CL.

There is a reason manager's describe a home crowd as an "extra man", it motivates our players, influences the officials and can sometimes intimidate the opposition players. Pep, and most City fans, know we can do much better at home.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

Trying to be objective, I think they frequently create an intimidating atmosphere for the big games. I remember Mario Balotelli saying, when he was still playing for us, that Anfield was the hardest PL ground to play at, because of the crowd noise and atmosphere.

Dortmund was similar and IMO one of the reasons Klopp was keen to join them. Dortmund's fans never stopped singing when we played them in the CL.

There is a reason manager's describe a home crowd as an "extra man", it motivates our players, influences the officials and can sometimes intimidate the opposition players. Pep, and most City fans, know we can do much better at home.

I did say big clubs..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:

I did say big clubs..

Are you saying Liverpool and Dortmund aren't big clubs?
Plain Speaking

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Take a joke mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:05 am

Mase wrote:Take a joke mate.

Sorry mate, there should be a sarcasm emoji ;-)
Plain Speaking

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:Take a joke mate.

Sorry mate, there should be a sarcasm emoji ;-)

I usually throw in a :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum