***victims v champs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***victims v champs official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gutted but really pleased with the team at the same time. Liverpool are what they are and at Klanfield they rarely get controlled like that. Once the first 10 15 minutes had gone we kept then at bay fairly easily and obviously should have scored.

Notably we only got the 4th big penalty shout!! Maybe Atkinson felt confident we would mis it with Kun off the field.
I wasnt concerened that Pep played Mahrez instead of Sane. His ball retention is much better and I thought he put a decent shift in. Might have won with Sane instead but might not.

Pep set the team up well and we had some excellent performances. Ederson wasnt one of them as we didn't need him that much. The back 4 were very good and that includes Mendy

Well said Doug. Some need to stop the - slant. Bash pep bash Mahrez. Pep got it 100% right today, we are progressing on the back of a perfect season. Loads of +

How the fuckibg fuckityfuck has pep got it 100% right today !!!! He asked Mahrez ro take the fucking penalty for fucks sake !!!

I swear - sometimes I want to eat my own fucking eyes out reading some of the posts on here .

Crack on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gutted but really pleased with the team at the same time. Liverpool are what they are and at Klanfield they rarely get controlled like that. Once the first 10 15 minutes had gone we kept then at bay fairly easily and obviously should have scored.

Notably we only got the 4th big penalty shout!! Maybe Atkinson felt confident we would mis it with Kun off the field.
I wasnt concerened that Pep played Mahrez instead of Sane. His ball retention is much better and I thought he put a decent shift in. Might have won with Sane instead but might not.

Pep set the team up well and we had some excellent performances. Ederson wasnt one of them as we didn't need him that much. The back 4 were very good and that includes Mendy

Well said Doug. Some need to stop the - slant. Bash pep bash Mahrez. Pep got it 100% right today, we are progressing on the back of a perfect season. Loads of +

How the fuckibg fuckityfuck has pep got it 100% right today !!!! He asked Mahrez ro take the fucking penalty for fucks sake !!!

I swear - sometimes I want to eat my own fucking eyes out reading some of the posts on here .

Crack on.

100% spot on ??? PMSL !!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Crack on.

hindsight higgingbottom does my fucking head in
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why didn't Jesus take it?

That's a question I'll be asking myself for the next two weeks.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Pep is not going to say it , but he will bin Mahrez.

I agree with Carl , i have no idea what Doug thought he was watching today .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:53 pm

branny wrote:Souness saying last year they don't get that result. If Mahrez could take a penalty they don't.

No, last year they won. Trying to put glitter on the turd that his club is.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
branny wrote:Souness saying last year they don't get that result. If Mahrez could take a penalty they don't.

Souness was a better player at Middlesborough , which is why Scouse bought him.

He was a plodder at scousepool.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 pm

zuricity wrote:Pep is not going to say it , but he will bin Mahrez.

Seems I watched the same game as Pep did. Team set up well , played well, dealt with basically all their attacking threat and breakaway prowess. Our front 3 were not as good as an attacking force as we would have liked but they ( 2 of them for certain) were important for the teamwork as an overall defensive unit.

We should have had 3, maybe even 4, penalties, and should have won but an away draw at anfield is a good result and probably most if not all on here would have taken a point before the game started. Sorry if I don't go berserk when somebody makes a mistake and wish them dead.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 pm

zuricity wrote:

i remember him playing for 'Boro against us in the 4-0 semi-final win in '76. My favourite memory of him on a football pitch.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Seems I watched the same game as Pep did. Team set up well , played well, dealt with basically all their attacking threat and breakaway prowess. Our front 3 were not as good as an attacking force as we would have liked but they ( 2 of them for certain) were important for the teamwork as an overall defensive unit.

We should have had 3, maybe even 4, penalties, and should have won but an away draw at anfield is a good result and probably most if not all on here would have taken a point before the game started. Sorry if I don't go berserk when somebody makes a mistake and wish them dead.

What shocked me most was Atkinson giving us the pen at the end.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:22 pm

zuricity wrote:

i remember him playing for 'Boro against us in the 4-0 semi-final win in '76. My favourite memory of him on a football pitch.

i remember Big Joe flattening him , when he just signed for Scousepool and thought he could put his (over) weight about. Unfortunately when i met Joe a while back he just shrugged it off ( like he did Souness) and couldn't remember it , a classic goalie nails oncoming striker hit !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Ederson has not used his hands once today V the best front 3 in world football, at Anfield they have been controlled by Pep as he builds a team that can do it in more than 1 way, Ok we miss a pen and the usual loons get the Pep stick out, nothing will ever change as City have always had fans that just look for the downside, That was as comfortable and amazing progress fir us all be it lacking the rewards we deserved.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby s1ty m » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Me too. Sane should have been on at half-time. Minimum.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Crack on.

Carl, I love your posts, I wanted the win, we should got the win, but, end of the day, 'Raheem is still on top of the league'! It could have been worst, yes we were in a position to extend even further. Todays performance proves we are a solid unit and still best in the league. Pep makes mistakes, he can be stubborn cunt, but, to me, he's the best in the world and wouldn't swap with any other manager.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:38 pm

I watched the same game as you.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Doug,

We all watched the same game.

David Silva should have stepped up and told Mahrez to get back to where he once belonged.

No way should Mahrez be a penalty taker .

The camera fixed on him and his eyes were rolling . Stupid to allow this waster any critical chance like this.

Bernardo would have nailed it.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bigblue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

I no longer think liverpool are a great team after this. When we don't try to outdo them for pace and enegry, they lack a cutting edge. We'll do them at home
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

8 games in. Top of the PL. Away games at the dippers and Arsenal out of the way, with clean sheets in both. Thats 5 for the season and the last 4 games. Proper consistency.

We dominated the dippers at their house and Klipperty will know in his heart of hearts that his team and squad just aren't going to be quite good enough to win the PL.

A win would have been fantastic, but a point will have served its purpose and we will be the much happier training ground tomorrow
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:8 games in. Top of the PL. Away games at the dippers and Arsenal out of the way, with clean sheets in both. Thats 5 for the season and the last 4 games. Proper consistency.

We dominated the dippers at their house and Klipperty will know in his heart of hearts that his team and squad just aren't going to be quite good enough to win the PL.

A win would have been fantastic, but a point will have served its purpose and we will be the much happier training ground tomorrow

good points , but to be gifted that penalty at the end, well we should have nailed the three .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:51 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:8 games in. Top of the PL. Away games at the dippers and Arsenal out of the way, with clean sheets in both. Thats 5 for the season and the last 4 games. Proper consistency.

good points , but to be gifted that penalty at the end, well we should have nailed the three .

True, but in the grand scheme of things it was a much better afternoon for Manchester City than the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum