This just proves the Sky agenda !

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

This just proves the Sky agenda !

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 pm

I think they forgot to mention two of the greatest players the Premier League has ever seen.......I wonder who they could be ?
Discuss !

http://www.skysports.com/share/11521112
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Re: This just proves the Sky agenda !

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:51 pm

I know my response isn't going to be wildly popular with some, but the reality is those players play for clubs that have much larger fanbases than we do and are not seen so negatively by average fans.

I do think there is absolutely a clear distaste for our club among a good portion, and arguably most football supporters in the UK and Europe (of every other club) that also lingers in the media, so it's not shocking to me at this point that we get left out of such pieces so regularly.

Ironically, I heard this weekend someone say Aguero was the most underrated player in PL history. I know I've heard that about Silva this past season more than I ever had as well, yet he was also just voted BBC's best ever Spaniard in the PL, so some are aware of something at play.

Part of it, to me, is also that many of our big name players do not have big personalities. KDB, Silva, Kun are all quiet and nice lads so not particularly glamourous. Only Yaya was particularly outspoken, and that was not always so good for he or us.

I believe I read almost an identical article/headline in the Daily Mail today as well...here it is:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... tlist.html

I'm not saying there isn't a tinge of bias against our club for a long list of reasons we are all aware of.

I do believe that, but I will say that I do have a hard time thinking they are deliberately leaving us out.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Fans don't hate us, media do
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Nick wrote:Fans don't hate us, media do

With all due respect, you certain about that mate?

I read comments about us on many sites/papers/social media, and the comments are not just like what happens between Utd & Liverpool or Arsenal and Spurs. It's deeper and more vitriolic.

Often about darker elements in society and about what City and club they try to compare us to and call out in similar fashion, PSG, allegedly represent to football as a sport, period.

Sterling was booed by average fans for a while. I think I heard him booed when we played Oxford when he came on.
Last edited by PrezIke on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Of course there's bias from Sky, they back certain clubs because of their popularity and therefore the opportunity to turn that popularity into hard cash.

Whether it's someone showing bias because of their allegiance to their club or for commercial purposes, it's biased be ause it's in favour of a certain elements and unfavourable to the rest.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Of course there's bias from Sky, they back certain clubs because she of their popularity and therefore the opportunity to turn that popularity into hard cash.

Whether it's someone showing bias because of their allegiance to their club or for commercial purposes, it's biased be ause it's in favour of a certain elements and unfavourable to the rest.

Pretty much agree with your assessment.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 pm

I will say that I sacked off Sky some years ago, refusing to pay them money so that they could no longer abuse me, or our team, at my my expense. However, I'm sick of using the Go apps for BT and Sky so decided to get Sky Sports in again. Nothings changed much apart from the challengers they decide to go for at the start of the season. And guess what, it's now always City v one of the Old Sky 4, which I quite enjoy. We are the pantomime villain against the heroes in red. And to balance it out in favour of the heroes, even when we are whooping their arses, they have the 'neutrals' in corner spouting their love for everything Rag/Dipper/Arse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still full of its for Sky for their punditry/fuckwittery, but I've grown and matured to see it as a complement rather than an attack on our club. I see the Red Tops in that ground, and those miserable fucks can lick my hairy ball sack!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 pm

To omit two great players from the current champions in a longish piece is a flagrant piece of bias. I understand the reasons behind it.... a red fan underneath every stone turned.
I'm calling it out because it's shocking journalism, as is most MSM reporting. I want facts and if there are two Players on the list from my club I want to read about it and rejoice, instead I have to scroll to the bottom for the list. It makes my blood boil it does
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:44 pm

I’m kind of the opposite to Beefy.
It never used to bother me that much but find now that I just can’t stand the narrative.
I agree with previous posters about why the bias is there but don’t accept that, that doesn’t constitute an agenda.

It is one thing playing to your audience but spouting shite an misrepresentation of our club, because it appeals to their main audience is underhanded and does have an affect on neutral fans.
It has a negative affect on how the club and team are perceived and like all propaganda it vilifies the subject of it’s dislike and makes it ok to do whatever it takes, to put them down. Legal or illegal.

I’m pretty sick of having their narrative forced on me and very rarely watch a stream of them.
I’d rather watch Bein sport and turn the Arabic commentary down.
I watched a match recently on Eleven Sport and found it refreshing listening to French (Belgian) commentary just calling the game and not driving some opinion down my throat.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 pm

I must admit I've been watching Dutch coverage and it's great, I understand lots of what's being said and I haven't got to put up with Tyler & Co !!
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Duckman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 am

Sparklehorse wrote:To omit two great players from the current champions in a longish piece is a flagrant piece of bias. I understand the reasons behind it.... a red fan underneath every stone turned.
I'm calling it out because it's shocking journalism, as is most MSM reporting. I want facts and if there are two Players on the list from my club I want to read about it and rejoice, instead I have to scroll to the bottom for the list. It makes my blood boil it does

Journalism has been dead for a while mate.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I’m kind of the opposite to Beefy.
It never used to bother me that much but find now that I just can’t stand the narrative.
I agree with previous posters about why the bias is there but don’t accept that, that doesn’t constitute an agenda.

It is one thing playing to your audience but spouting shite an misrepresentation of our club, because it appeals to their main audience is underhanded and does have an affect on neutral fans.
It has a negative affect on how the club and team are perceived and like all propaganda it vilifies the subject of it’s dislike and makes it ok to do whatever it takes, to put them down. Legal or illegal.

I’m pretty sick of having their narrative forced on me and very rarely watch a stream of them.
I’d rather watch Bein sport and turn the Arabic commentary down.
I watched a match recently on Eleven Sport and found it refreshing listening to French (Belgian) commentary just calling the game and not driving some opinion down my throat.

100% agree. Trying to explain this to my Liverpool supporting brothers the other day, they can't see it because they've never had to endure it.

I walked in to one of my brother's houses on Sunday just as the game finished and there's three Liverpool fans sitting in the Sky studio telling them about what they had just watched. Tbf they acknowledged I have a point when I remarked on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby belleebee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I read comments about us on many sites/papers/social media, and the comments are not just like what happens between Utd & Liverpool or Arsenal and Spurs. It's deeper and more vitriolic.

Often about darker elements in society and about what City and club they try to compare us to and call out in similar fashion, PSG, allegedly represent to football as a sport, period.

Sterling was booed by average fans for a while. I think I heard him booed when we played Oxford when he came on.

The survey reported in the link below seems to more supportive of Nick's view.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-hated-club-premier-league-12994750

In case you haven't seen this before, fans were asked to identify the club they supported, then for each other Premier League club indicate whether they hated, loved or were indifferent to them. City were placed only 7th in the 'hate' table but 5th in the 'love' table, which doesn't seem to suggest a widespread deep dislike for us. (BTW this is in line with my own perceptions from talking to fans of other clubs). The proviso to the results is that each club's fans' aggregate vote was given an equal weight, meaning ManUre fans' votes in aggregate counted the same as that of Burnley's fans - so it doesn't reflect 'average' opinion in the commonly understood sense.
Nonetheless, I suspect that the vitriol directed at City that you refer to is largely coming from fans of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs rather than those of other clubs. I'm pretty certain as well that the media plays a massive role in stoking and reinforcing this animosity.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:29 pm

belleebee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-hated-club-premier-league-12994750

In case you haven't seen this before, fans were asked to identify the club they supported, then for each other Premier League club indicate whether they hated, loved or were indifferent to them. City were placed only 7th in the 'hate' table but 5th in the 'love' table, which doesn't seem to suggest a widespread deep dislike for us. (BTW this is in line with my own perceptions from talking to fans of other clubs). The proviso to the results is that each club's fans' aggregate vote was given an equal weight, meaning ManUre fans' votes in aggregate counted the same as that of Burnley's fans - so it doesn't reflect 'average' opinion in the commonly understood sense.
Nonetheless, I suspect that the vitriol directed at City that you refer to is largely coming from fans of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs rather than those of other clubs. I'm pretty certain as well that the media plays a massive role in stoking and reinforcing this animosity.

Some good points there, I think until the media got hold of the agenda post takeover, we were a lot of fans’ favourite second team and the stats seem to indicate that’s still true to a large degree.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
belleebee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Some good points there, I think until the media got hold of the agenda post takeover, we were a lot of fans’ favourite second team and the stats seem to indicate that’s still true to a large degree.

From my own experience it's only those fans that fight it out at the top regularly have a real dislike for our club, and fans alike. Never was the case before the takeover apart from the Rags who just wanted to belittle us. The majority of the other clubs real fans, the ones that have a real affinity to their clubs, not just plastic or followers because it gives them something to talk about, still have a lot of time for us and totally understand our position. Hell, the majority even want to be in our position if they were offered.

Just like I enjoyed Chelsea getting lucky and breaking up the hegemony, so do !any fans of the so called 'Lesser' clubs.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 am

SKY vote example - "vote for your goal of the week - Man Utd or Bournemouth. Let's see how the poll is going....."

Let me think now....

Another wonderful SKY survey is done.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:26 pm

john@staustell wrote:SKY vote example - "vote for your goal of the week - Man Utd or Bournemouth. Let's see how the poll is going....."

Let me think now....

Those polls where the outcome is a complete foregone conclusion just sucking up to the masses are a total joke, an insult to real football people, and just another tool to pedal their shit bias.
Disgusting slimy cowardly organisation.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 pm

sheblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:SKY vote example - "vote for your goal of the week - Man Utd or Bournemouth. Let's see how the poll is going....."

Let me think now....

Those polls where the outcome is a complete foregone conclusion just sucking up to the masses are a total joke, an insult to real football people, and just another tool to pedal their shit bias.
Disgusting slimy cowardly organisation.

not much different than goal of the month on MOTD.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Another day another bbc poll to appease the rags fans.

Which team is the best ever in premier league era. Look at the records broken last year and it's not even a debate. Bet the voting doesn't reflect that
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Another day another bbc poll to appease the rags fans.

Which team is the best ever in premier league era. Look at the records broken last year and it's not even a debate. Bet the voting doesn't reflect that

How can we possibly be the best ever team when we spent so much?

That's the thinking behind the average Joe. Fed to them by...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum