finishing 2020/21 (behind closed doors edition)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:02 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:Those stats would be better if it was shots on target. As Mahrez is blazing shots over constantly that's probably why it's not as good as last season.

I don’t think so Mase. It still goes on chances converted.
I’d imagine it is individual circumstances like FIBD has suggested.
It’s what I believe anyway. That you will never get an exact like for like situation.

The team we put out has a lot to do with it.

I maintain the only true barometer is the league table at the end of the season.

Shooting more from distance may very well be a tactic employed by us, to draw out the defenders. personally I don't really see it as a missed chance, but rather as loss of possession. I.E. I agree with you. If you score +100 goals in one season, you've been pretty damn effective.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:27 am

mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:Those stats would be better if it was shots on target. As Mahrez is blazing shots over constantly that's probably why it's not as good as last season.

It’s what I believe anyway. That you will never get an exact like for like situation.

I maintain the only true barometer is the league table at the end of the season.

Shooting more from distance may very well be a tactic employed by us, to draw out the defenders. personally I don't really see it as a missed chance, but rather as loss of possession. I.E. I agree with you. If you score +100 goals in one season, you've been pretty damn effective.

Mahrez's shots from distance could be seen as a positive. Sure, it would be better if more were on target, but we did not do enough of that last season, Kev aside, and now teams know we can do it that is another thing for them to worry about when we are in their half, not just stopping us passing it into goal.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:33 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Mahrez's shots from distance could be seen as a positive. Sure, it would be better if more were on target, but we did not do enough of that last season, Kev aside, and now teams know we can do it that is another thing for them to worry about when we are in their half, not just stopping us passing it into goal.

Aye, he's still doing it a little too much imo, especially when he has team mates better placed, it's frustrating but he's settling in quite nicely now and I'm sure the more he does the more we'll see them shots turn in to passes.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:46 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Yep finishing killing us here. Fucking tits

Pep said after the game '''We created a lot and missed a lot of clear, clear chances. You have to be more clinical. You don't get this many at the top level''

Whose a TiT again ?

Is it any different to last year Carl?

I dont think it is mate- say we get a juventus leading up to the final , we wont get numerous chances to score (Or maybe this City team will !!!??) so to get one chance like Mahrez or Jesus got today...you just cannot miss them.

pointless trying to educate some on here carl. they are beyond help...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:46 am

Im sorry to say , but on current form , Jesus is nowhere near ready to take over from Aguero.He had a fuckign shocking game yesterday.

His attitude is excellent and I hope he finds form but right now he is shockingly bad in front of goal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im sorry to say , but on current form , Jesus is nowhere near ready to take over from Aguero.He had a fuckign shocking game yesterday.

His attitude is excellent and I hope he finds form but right now he is shockingly bad in front of goal.

he’s not hiding though which is a good thing
really needs to find his shooting boots though
aguero has to start on monday vs spuds
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im sorry to say , but on current form , Jesus is nowhere near ready to take over from Aguero.He had a fuckign shocking game yesterday.

he’s not hiding though which is a good thing
really needs to find his shooting boots though
aguero has to start on monday vs spuds

His attitude is spot on , thats why I like him, but yes, Aguero will 100% start against the spuds.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Yep finishing killing us here. Fucking tits

Pep said after the game '''We created a lot and missed a lot of clear, clear chances. You have to be more clinical. You don't get this many at the top level''

Whose a TiT again ?

Is it any different to last year Carl?

I dont think it is mate- say we get a juventus leading up to the final , we wont get numerous chances to score (Or maybe this City team will !!!??) so to get one chance like Mahrez or Jesus got today...you just cannot miss them.

pointless trying to educate some on here carl. they are beyond help...

I agree.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:20 pm

if you ask Jesus Navas was it a shot or a cross when he scored early on , one time , i am sure he will say it was a shot . To me it seemed to be a flanker.

Mahrez shoots when he should pass , perhaps he thinks he is passing the ball. It was pure greed last night that he didn't pass to KdB in the first half on the break .

If it carries on that way , i am sure Pep will bollock him.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm

As an aside, how many goals do you all think we will score this season both in the PL and in total.

I think we will get 100 in the PL and 150 in total
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Tottenham have a finishing problem Nigel. As do every other team we've played this season.

Oh, except Lyon, which is the exception that makes you right.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm

dazby wrote:Tottenham have a finishing problem Nigel. As do every other team we've played this season.

Man City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was a great victory in special conditions, against one of the most physical teams in Europe. We had many chances. We have to score and we didn't. That is why hopefully we will improve in the future.

i'm glad that we have pep as our manager and not you or pbl who clearly are happy to settle for 'average' rather than 'excellence'.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:18 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
dazby wrote:Tottenham have a finishing problem Nigel. As do every other team we've played this season.

Man City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was a great victory in special conditions, against one of the most physical teams in Europe. We had many chances. We have to score and we didn't. That is why hopefully we will improve in the future.

i'm glad that we have pep as our manager and not you or pbl who clearly are happy to settle for 'average' rather than 'excellence'.

Fuck you’re a miserable twat
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Oh and since you’re so good at finding quotes to back up your loooooooooong winded moaning quickly go fetch me one that says I’m happy to settle for average. When you don’t find one come back and admit you’re a miserable cunt who adds nothing to the board.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 pm

As PeP has stated , nearly as many times as Nigel’s tackle has mentioned it ,our finishing is poor when you consider the chances we get ( Focus on the “”when you consider the chances we get “” comment and not the poor f part ), some unbelievably clear chances are missed.

If numpty had scored that for spurs then our shocking misses would be magnified 10x over and not swept
Under the carpet .

I repeat - PEP has said MANY times we miss too many chances and our forwards have to score them .

So when you lot slag off the “whiners “ your slagging off our PeP for also “whining “ about it .

I’l
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:16 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Oh and since you’re so good at finding quotes to back up your loooooooooong winded moaning quickly go fetch me one that says I’m happy to settle for average. When you don’t find one come back and admit you’re a miserable cunt who adds nothing to the board.

To be fair - You did call PeP a TiT for whinging about missed chances.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You slate him for starting nearly every player we’ve had tho, it’s fun. My argument has been all along that our missing of chances hasn’t consistently hurt us as we create so many. Also we don’t allow many because we’re always up the other end attacking. My argument has never been that we don’t miss. It’s that we still create and score more than the rest while letting less in.

As Jay-Z once said “men lie, women lie, numbers don’t”
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You slate him for starting nearly every player we’ve had tho, it’s fun. My argument has been all along that our missing of chances hasn’t consistently hurt us as we create so many. Also we don’t allow many because we’re always up the other end attacking. My argument has never been that we don’t miss. It’s that we still create and score more than the rest while letting less in.

As Jay-Z once said “men lie, women lie, numbers don’t”

Which, if anyone could be arsed to go back to the long running feud between OD (remember him) and Nidge was the point Nidge would repeatedly make.
That it was going to cost us when we play better teams.
Well it hasn’t so far. And it’s not because we’ scoring as much as we should.
It’s because we don’t make ad many fnck ups at our end. We’ve shored up at the back.
We have been missing a lot of chances but we did last year also. If it’s worse, then only marginally but others are struggling a lot more than us.

Overall I see us as a stronger unit and the goals will come when Kev gets up to speed.

See we can all be right.
Good to get along isn’t it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Pretty sure we have the best defensive record in Europe right now ? Pretty fucking solid isn't it ? Yeah we lack a couple of natural finishers but nothing can be perfect can it ? And yeah we miss some glaring chances but imagine if we didn't perennial board miserable cunt and spurs fan nutty fucking nige would have fuck all to moan and bitch about the sad cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:17 pm

I feel like Mahrez is improving us in this area as he settles in.

He's taking more shots than he did at Leicester, but he appears to be more careful as games go on. He had some nice fakes yesterday in one situation.

Aguero is amazing, but he also muffed one or two yesterday, and because he doesn't have the pace of our other front players, isn't always going to be in the best positions when we are on the break.

If Jesus could get himself together, because of what else he offers, he could bag loads of goals for us.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum