finishing 2020/21 (behind closed doors edition)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm

Enjoyed the finishing today!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:24 pm

City have scored 5+ goals in a PL match for the tenth time since the start of last season - twice that of any other club.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Just read that since last time united scored 5 in a domestic game we’ve done it 27 times. Is it any wonder I mock this thread every week.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:03 pm

bigblue wrote:From the match thread, here's some stats for the discussion. We're 3rd in the league with shots/goals ratio. But that doesn't really matter since we are taking 25% more shots than the team with the 2nd most shots in the league. Averaging 20 shots and 3 goals per game. On pace for 114 goals in the league this year.

Not bad for a team with problems finishing......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Just read that since last time united scored 5 in a domestic game we’ve done it 27 times. Is it any wonder I mock this thread every week.

Cant blame you pal but most of what the OP posts isn't worth reading or on the ball , he lives in fucking surrey ffs . Some great stuff today from city without even having to push hard or get into top gear , glad you witnessed it first hand and had a great day .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:14 pm

we score goals. loads of them. but we should score more. like i will keep repeating, it’s not about the games we win easily, where the score line looks fantastic but the tight games and we need to be fucking ruthless in every game if we are to win those.
pep says this on a regular basis - even after we’ve scored five or six. so keep on laughing at him at don’t be fucked off when we lose a game we should win because we have fluffed our chances.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 pm

it can't be easy being a PITA .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:28 pm

zuricity wrote:it can't be easy being a PITA .

you should know
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:31 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:glad it’s not an issue anymore

What is it with you and thread titles - is it an attempt to disguise the fact you live in a capital?

No capitals in Nige's thread titles.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:we score goals. loads of them. but we should score more. like i will keep repeating, it’s not about the games we win easily, where the score line looks fantastic but the tight games and we need to be fucking ruthless in every game if we are to win those.
pep says this on a regular basis - even after we’ve scored five or six. so keep on laughing at him at don’t be fucked off when we lose a game we should win because we have fluffed our chances.

Losing games because of missed chances is part of football. It's bound to happen sooner or later. It happens to all the best teams as well, not just us.

But it's not the only reason a team loses a game, you also have to fuck up for them to score. And this whole thread would be no different if you had made it about defensive fuckups. They are bound to happen, just like missed chances. While back in reality, we're playing great all over the field; better than our record breaking last season.

What so many people are saying to you is quit whinging about it when we're beating teams by 3+ goals every week! And don't become an annoying fuckhead who turns around with an "I told you so" when we lose a game with a few missed chances. That is guaranteed to happen in this sport. Just enjoy the moment mate, because times like this don't last forever for any team.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 am

If only we could score, what a team we'd be, eh?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 am

https://understat.com/team/Manchester_City/2018

Some useful stats to see how we are doing, as I love this site.

Interestingly enough, our xG was higher in the Burnley match than against Southampton.

Kun the leader for the team in xG and goals, yet his scoring rate is lower than it should be, while Raz with the a higher goals to xG rate.

Not surprisingly Jesus with the highest xG and lowest conversion rate. Bernardo 2nd worst, and Mahrez 3rd (gathering it's gotten better as of late).

As for xA (assists expected to create goals) Merlin #1, while Razza tied with Mendy for our best in assist total (Mendy seemed up top months ago) yet Silva's actual total is quite low for what it should be.
Last edited by PrezIke on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:42 am

City64 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Just read that since last time united scored 5 in a domestic game we’ve done it 27 times. Is it any wonder I mock this thread every week.

Cant blame you pal but most of what the OP posts isn't worth reading or on the ball , he lives in fucking surrey ffs . Some great stuff today from city without even having to push hard or get into top gear , glad you witnessed it first hand and had a great day .

Cheers mate. Was brilliant to see. Last time I took the wife we lost to Chelsea in something like the only home loss in 18 months. I feared the worst hah.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:51 am

It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:30 am

john@staustell wrote:It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?

Aguero,s record stands up with the best of all time that's why this thread is an utter embarrassment to this board and all the scouse and rag cunts looking in will be pissing themselves . What if any team that's get relegated in any given season took their chances ? they wouldn't get fucking relegated would they ? but we are breaking every fucking record going !?!?!?! what a load of fucking bullshit started by a spoilt cunt who never goes to a game EMBARRASSING !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 am

City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?

Aguero,s record stands up with the best of all time that's why this thread is an utter embarrassment to this board and all the scouse and rag cunts looking in will be pissing themselves . What if any team that's get relegated in any given season took their chances ? they wouldn't get fucking relegated would they ? but we are breaking every fucking record going !?!?!?! what a load of fucking bullshit started by a spoilt cunt who never goes to a game EMBARRASSING !!!

He ran himself into the ground yesterday, great to see him so motivated
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 am

City64 wrote:

Hmm, not much room for debate there then. Sorry, brilliant finishing all game then. Chill.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:03 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:we score goals. loads of them. but we should score more. like i will keep repeating, it’s not about the games we win easily, where the score line looks fantastic but the tight games and we need to be fucking ruthless in every game if we are to win those.

Losing games because of missed chances is part of football. It's bound to happen sooner or later. It happens to all the best teams as well, not just us.

But it's not the only reason a team loses a game, you also have to fuck up for them to score. And this whole thread would be no different if you had made it about defensive fuckups. They are bound to happen, just like missed chances. While back in reality, we're playing great all over the field; better than our record breaking last season.

What so many people are saying to you is quit whinging about it when we're beating teams by 3+ goals every week! And don't become an annoying fuckhead who turns around with an "I told you so" when we lose a game with a few missed chances.That is guaranteed to happen in this sport. Just enjoy the moment mate, because times like this don't last forever for any team.

:lol: its gonna happen...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:25 pm

with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

What so many people are saying to you is quit whinging about it when we're beating teams by 3+ goals every week! And don't become an annoying fuckhead who turns around with an "I told you so" when we lose a game with a few missed chances.That is guaranteed to happen in this sport. Just enjoy the moment mate, because times like this don't last forever for any team.

:lol: its gonna happen...

not this week-end though - please :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum