FFP 2.0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FFP 2.0

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 am

Here's St Samuel

and on the subject of industrial scale sponsorship?

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:26 am

Not posted for ages, but, this FFP thing is getting me all depressed in my old age. I knew things were going to well, they can’t beat us on the pitch, so, they fuck us over off it :oops:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Not posted for ages, but, this FFP thing is getting me all depressed in my old age. I knew things were going to well, they can’t beat us on the pitch, so, they fuck us over off it :oops:

That's their narrative sure enough - try to discredit our achievements on the pitch any desperate way they can. Look at the journo scum wading into the sewer now - Henry Winter joining the excremental Ladyman, Ogden, Ducker, Herbert, etc etc - quite a bit of twitter feuding between the hacks going on atm about this too.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:44 am

Can we expect to hear anything from the powers that be at the Club about all this shite? Or do they ignore it and treat it with the contempt it deserves? Damned if they do and damned if they don't I suppose.......

Weren't these cnts the ones who published the "exclusive" Hitler diaries?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:51 am

dave watson's perm wrote:Can we expect to hear anything from the powers that be at the Club about all this shite? Or do they ignore it and treat it with the contempt it deserves? Damned if they do and damned if they don't I suppose.......

today is part 3 of a 4 day series of 'exposes'. guess the club are waiting for the final instalment before unleashing the power of the world's top 50 lawyers on them. either that, or they'll invite them for a meeting at the saudi embassy in berlin. i am hoping for the latter.....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Im loving it.......We treated the FFP with the contempt it fucking deserved !!

I remember most of us , if not all of us , wanted our club to take UEFA to court and it seems that threat was put on the table if they tried to fuck our club into a very unhealthy corner.

FUCKIGN LOVING IT...Its always been us against the elite clubs...it wasnt paranoia , it was us against them.....well , like any 1 v 1, more often than not ,the one with the most available funds will win that bout.

P.S Martin Samuel....love you man..the MAIN man who will not tow the fuckign line of the other hacks....he says it how it is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im loving it.......We treated the FFP with the contempt it fucking deserved !!

I remember most of us , if not all of us , wanted our club to take UEFA to court and it seems that threat was put on the table if they tried to fuck our club into a very unhealthy corner.

FUCKIGN LOVING IT...Its always been us against the elite clubs...it wasnt paranoia , it was us against them.....well , like any 1 v 1, more often than not ,the one with the most available funds will win that bout.

P.S Martin Samuel....love you man..the MAIN man who will not tow the fuckign line of the other hacks....he says it how it is.

Gabriel Marcotti has torn it to shreds also.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm

After todays piss poor leak revelation of Peps contract suspicion firmly lies with Bayern Munich and Uli Hoeness as the perpetrators of Der Spiegel,s Bollocks . Pep was Munich manager before signing for us so only Bayern could have this information if true of course !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby bigblue » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm

The latest article is nothing but clickbait. The title implies we did something bad to get Pep, but the content doesn't back it up at all. There's even hard hitting facts like this:

"Pep Guardiola never seems to stand still -- and doesn't always seem to have himself under full control. On the sidelines, he paces, screams instructions at his players, cheers wildly and bubbles over with excitement. But when he meets Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, he's like a different person"

Shocking revelations that a manager is more emotional during games than when talking to their boss.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm

So pep was the first person in the world to agree to take a new job while still in his his current employment.
Shocking stuff altogether.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:58 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:Can we expect to hear anything from the powers that be at the Club about all this shite? Or do they ignore it and treat it with the contempt it deserves? Damned if they do and damned if they don't I suppose.......

The club only respond if Abu Dhabi is badmouthed, not the club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Brilliant piece on talkSPORT defending City, saying allegation born out of jealousy and attemp to destabilise club, all the money spent around the Eastlands community by the Sheik praised. Summary being no case to answer so far :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Infantino on FFP
"I am a FIFA president, I was an executive secretary general at UEFA. My goal was to help clubs, not destroy them. I met Psg and City like other teams to find a 'settlement', an agreement, but the final decision always belongs to the judging panels, not to me. I did not even have the tools to change the cards on the table. And anyway, City and Psg have been fined about twenty million. Not only. Out of 30 clubs, only 2 were excluded: Milan, which Tas has reintegrated into the cups, and a Russian team. When we talk about favoritism we are wrong: the 'small' clubs excluded have had this sanction because they have not paid their debts, their salaries, which is much more serious ".
https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/07-11-20 ... 7bf7dfb1Vu
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:15 pm

I think the gist is that UEFA were involved too. Maybe they should ban themselves?

Who gives a damn except desperate hacks and thickheaded rags?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:26 pm

I so fucking hope this quote is true:

"Der Spiegel has also reported Manchester City lawyer Simon Cliff recalling a conversation between City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Fifa president Gianni Infantino, who was then Uefa general secretary, in which Khaldoon allegedly “said he would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them [Uefa] for the next 10 years”, before adding that this was a chance “to avoid the destruction of the rules and organisation”.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wooders » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 pm

I think the response to having huge sanctions against us being “we will take you to court, spend the money and destroy you, now go away and do something to save face” is a fairly reasoned one that any well heeled business would do - we must have been confident it wouldn’t hold up and they must have had bugger all confidence that it would - don’t see the problem here
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:I so fucking hope this quote is true:

"Der Spiegel has also reported Manchester City lawyer Simon Cliff recalling a conversation between City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and Fifa president Gianni Infantino, who was then Uefa general secretary, in which Khaldoon allegedly “said he would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them [Uefa] for the next 10 years”, before adding that this was a chance “to avoid the destruction of the rules and organisation”.

we saved football apparently
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
(notice the 'allegedly' squeezed into that contemptible bile)

Anyway The Times' very own high priest of morality is now describing City fans as vicious rats - here's a small extract
Hypocrisy of Manchester City fans whose loyalty is blind to truth
Matthew Syed

Some fans increasingly resemble vicious rats, fighting for their own piece of turf on the deck, as the ship goes down in flames.
The most recent reminder of this metaphor came when Der Spiegel published allegations that Manchester City had egregiously violated financial fair play rules.

Almost every fan on the planet can see that these allegations, if proved, would be a powerful indictment of the club.
They can see that, while the rules themselves are not ideal, that is no excuse for breaking them.

They can see that the entire point of competitive sport is that the codes of conduct are agreed in advance, and that participants obey them unless and until they can convince the other participants to change them. They can see that the allegations of deceit and false accounting are a grubby indictment of the game.

But there is a small group of people who cannot see these truths. Who are somehow blinded to what is going on. Who have poured online in vast numbers to argue that, if Manchester City did break the rules, it was enlightened; that City may, in fact, be charitably risking their own reputation to overturn the status quo; that the campaign to see them punished is some plot dreamt up by people jealous of their success, and of the way they play.

You guessed it: this myopic minority are Manchester City fans. They are so blinded by loyalty that they have lost sight of morality. Yet it is not just City fans who are afflicted by this seemingly virulent form of selective blindness. No, this is a problem that exists throughout football, and explains the abject inability of the game to present a united front, whether against alleged financial wrongdoing or anything else.....

Mr Syed, who describes himself on his website as one of the world's most influential thinkers, has never had a good word to say about a club with Arab owners. Not surprising really for the planet's leading authority on hypocrisy.

Matthew Syed apparently wrote a book called 'You are Awesome'; no one who writes a book with the word 'awesome' in the title can expect to be taken seriously.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 pm

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum