derby day build up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: derby day build up

Postby bigblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Ps. The best anti-Rag vid has to be the 5 mins 27 seconds. It may not be a Derby against each other but it was the biggest Derby Day in history.

Aaaaagggggguuuueeeeeeerrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

This one's not bad either (looks like Sky took down the Youtube version):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lcns9
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 am

The SCUM have got lucky, Teams have missed chances to set up a cricket score. Juve, should have been 5-0 at HT. The time has come to put the red bastards to the sword. For me I just want the scum fans to see how good we are. 4-0 and piss take the shit out of the CUNTS !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 pm

I think this is a really tough one for us.

The ref is in position and he can really make it tough for us:
early yellows for Fern and our defenders, breaking up our play, 70/30 decisions will go to the Rags, etc...
the Rags will be allowed kick us around the place, not to mention Bogbrush's elbows, etc...
this is before considering the key decisions like penalty calls, red cards, etc...
Sky have everybody primed for the above via Gary Neville

Any sort of a win will do for me.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby ruralblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Dimples wrote:I think this is a really tough one for us.

early yellows for Fern and our defenders, breaking up our play, 70/30 decisions will go to the Rags, etc...
the Rags will be allowed kick us around the place, not to mention Bogbrush's elbows, etc...
this is before considering the key decisions like penalty calls, red cards, etc...

Agree with all of that Dimples except the last sentence. I want nothing less than us to spank these rag bastards and out another six past em. Fuck em.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:I think this is a really tough one for us.

Agree with all of that Dimples except the last sentence. I want nothing less than us to spank these rag bastards and out another six past em. Fuck em.

It would be great to spank them and we are capable but I just don't see it happening. They do seem to have been lucky of late with teams letting them off big time but they have kept going and slutched results.

maybe the best result would be for us to win with a late goal and preferable an offside one with Taylor getting the last touch
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 pm

We can let Anthony Taylor know his B.S is kidding nobody, "WE KNOW YOUR A RAG ANTHONY TAYLOR WE KNOW YOUR A RAG"
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Total ragfest on all the media outlets playing up to the "worldwide" audience , fucking shameful reporting . Rags are 8th in the league because they are shit ! nothing more nothing less THEY ARENT GOING TO BE IN CONTENTION TO WIN THE LEAGUE FOR A FEW YEARS they are going backwards yet the media WANT THEM TO BEAT US ????? Why is that I wonder ????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Fuck Off Taylor You Rag Cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Not my predicted team for sunday, just my current MC/MU combined team.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 pm

sheblue wrote:Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

I’d prefer Zinchenko instead of Mendy at th moment.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby budfox » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 pm

I'd like to see Mahrez start. He's got a huge game in him and this could be it.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!

He’s had a number of little digs at the rags this week, playing down how much of a threat they can be. Love it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!

He’s had a number of little digs at the rags this week, playing down how much of a threat they can be. Love it

He's become a little spikey, in a positive way, and now doesn't take any shit from the media pillocks. I like the way he now gets how we are treated by most of the twats and even though he understands that they are clueless when it comes to tactics, he still spends an age talking through it.

He may not be here to change the league but by fuck he's spent enough time trying to educate the press. One day they might just get it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Mendy should not play and neither should Kompany..we lost the last time because of Kompany.

Zinchenko is a must...also , Zinch is one of the best long passers of the ball in our entire squad...this goes under radar imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Bellew opponent wearing a City scarf at the weigh in.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Mendy should not play and neither should Kompany..we lost the last time because of Kompany.

Zinchenko is a must...also , Zinch is one of the best long passers of the ball in our entire squad...this goes under radar imo.

Zinchenko is going to be a quality player in time. He seems to have that rare quality of time and being unruffled and his passing is usually on point as well. Let’s hope the boys make it a good birthday weekend celebration for you
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Feck me, why did I?

Thought I'd throw The Debate on to see what they are talking about and wish I'd wasn't so curious. They must've been talking about the game but as I only Cathy the last minute before the ads all I seen was Danny Mills telling Strachan that the Rags in their team can cause an upset and the talks of a Blue win are for debate, even in doubt.

Not to say that we will win but for a supposed City correspondent, debating with a Rag correspondent, you'd say that he should be looking to the Blue side rather than the red.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Feck me, why did I?

Thought I'd throw The Debate on to see what they are talking about and wish I'd wasn't so curious. They must've been talking about the game but as I only Cathy the last minute before the ads all I seen was Danny Mills telling Strachan that the Rags in their team can cause an upset and the talks of a Blue win are for debate, even in doubt.

Not to say that we will win but for a supposed City correspondent, debating with a Rag correspondent, you'd say that he should be looking to the Blue side rather than the red.

Most hilarious was how the combined best 11 for Mills were ALL City players and for Stachan it was 10 with only De Gea over Big Ed.

Then, as if there is some desperate reason to sound objective Mills says he can "equally" see City winning or Utd winning. Equally?

Stachan effectively said the same because of Utd's "power."

How does that fit into your best 11, who will be playing the game and whilst also praising Pep throughout.

Also, whoever this new host was (don't know him), noticed how he took a little dip into the agenda pool with what he thought was clever jab at us, referring to Ratboy's claim about so-called "tactical fouls" which is one of the most overblown things I've heard about us in my memory, and there isn't exactly a short list to refer to.

Yes, sometimes Dinho fouls with intent and other players take tactical fouls to prevent counters when they use their awareness to see the danger...like every club who has had success across Europe has for ages. Yet, some of this is also because we press hard.

Funny how I haven't heard the same amount of attention given (there was a bit I recall after last season) about how the same can easily be applied to Liverpool who press even higher and arguably harder. In fact, I recall some journalist suggesting that against us last season they got away with quite a few fouls and other games last season, but I don't recall one story coming out of relevance about this.

Mills, of course the so-called representative of City here -- another hilarious claim as we all know, and vintage Sky -- ends the segment saying there's a "huge debate and a huge doubt about" City winning this game.

Look, yes, Utd could win the game, but trying to take off my own tinted glasses I have a hard time saying with much conviction that Utd are just as likely to win this game as we are. They've had a better run of games than earlier, but it's not been anywhere near the level we have played on of late.

Again, his claim could happen, but I don't think that POV sounds terribly objective, and my guess is the bookies agree.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum