Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:So refreshing to watch the Soton game on a good English language Joan. The commentator couldn't stop going on about big Dave and how he is.the best the PL has ever seen. Who needs Sky, etc?

Lee Dixon.

I do believe he is a city fan !!

Yep. Left a voicemail for Seaman when he signed for us singing Blue Moon.

You're dead wrong, loved but now hates City. His dad was a keeper for us and later a wealthy sausage dealer in Styal, but Lee didn't get a berth despite a promise when Bond sold off the Burnley youth. He had to go to Chester, then via Stoke he ended up in London.

He was spotted going into the Cup Final against Stoke wearing a City badge. Hardly the act of someone who hates us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Lee Dixon.

I do believe he is a city fan !!

Yep. Left a voicemail for Seaman when he signed for us singing Blue Moon.

You're dead wrong, loved but now hates City. His dad was a keeper for us and later a wealthy sausage dealer in Styal, but Lee didn't get a berth despite a promise when Bond sold off the Burnley youth. He had to go to Chester, then via Stoke he ended up in London.

He was spotted going into the Cup Final against Stoke wearing a City badge. Hardly the act of someone who hates us.

have it your way then, he's loves us
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Heard Dixon talking about city teams a good few times over the past few years and never got the impression he hated us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 pm

sheblue wrote:Heard Dixon talking about city teams a good few times over the past few years and never got the impression he hated us.

Me neither.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Heard Dixon talking about city teams a good few times over the past few years and never got the impression he hated us.

Me neither.

Get the impression he has a soft spot for City, not quite a fan.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Dixon is a City fan who knew which side his bread was buttered. He loves Arsenal, obviously, and got into the business of punditry by promoting them, as per the Sky direction. When away from them he doesn't have to make such an effort and is allowed to have his say.

Dixon is a Blue, coherced into treachery but now sees the light. He is probably the one that will start the trend of pundits that really have an affinity to us.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Dixon is a City fan who knew which side his bread was buttered. He loves Arsenal, obviously, and got into the business of punditry by promoting them, as per the Sky direction. When away from them he doesn't have to make such an effort and is allowed to have his say.

Dixon is a Blue, coherced into treachery but now sees the light. He is probably the one that will start the trend of pundits that really have an affinity to us.

Was a boyhood blue, now an arse fan. His words.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:09 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Dixon is a City fan who knew which side his bread was buttered. He loves Arsenal, obviously, and got into the business of punditry by promoting them, as per the Sky direction. When away from them he doesn't have to make such an effort and is allowed to have his say.

Understandable considering how long he played for them really
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 am

I can’t belueve we’ve got two threads going on about lee Dixon
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am

london blue 2 wrote:

Of course but there is the old saying 'Once a Blue .....'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

With respect Beefy, I played cricket with Lee and know him and his family. He's no kind of blue and to anyone who's listened to his TV punditry over the years it's blindingly obvious. (but he does like Merlin)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:41 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

With respect Beefy, I played cricket with Lee and know him and his family. He's no kind of blue and to anyone who's listened to his TV punditry over the years it's blindingly obvious. (but he does like Merlin)

Aye, I get it mate but as mentioned he was originally there as a pundit for the Arse, which got him the gig with Sky etc, but now the relevance has changed, and it's a different station, he's allowed to at least rave about his boyhood team.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:59 pm

On another note, I really enjoyed the commentary today on BT and really connected with Drury when he spoke about Raheem having to do 20 times as much as any other player to get the accolade. Savage was also fully supportive of the fact that Raheem tripped and didn't ask for the penalty, Raheem even admitting that he didn't feel any contact.

Now, after that commentary, you'll understand my bemusement when I switched to SSN and they had a 20 minute piece on the Rag win away to Juve. I expected there to be a few minutes on each team but the fact it went on so long only got me thinking that we wouldn't even be mentioned but to my surprise we were sort of next up. However, there was no narrative of an impressive win or even s decent mention of some great play/goals, it was all about the controversy of the Sterling penalty.

What was portrayed wasn't about the mistake by the ref but more the conjecture of Raheem diving for a penalty. And the bemusement for me was why a channel, who now have rights for international football, ie. England, would drop to such lows as to paint a picture that showed an English player in such light. But, then came the catch, the Derby game at the weekend which Sky are showing.

So, the unfathomable truth is that Sky put money before any other commitment. They are not a fan of football that many like to see but a slave to the possible hoards that they can attract through their 24 hour reporting, with the zombies believing every narrative they 'state'.

As they have no loyalty, why should we?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 am

Catch the Sun today !!!!!!

Full of hate for us and Raheem . Headline “No class” and they even print the final score at 5-0 !!!!!

Disgusting gutter press bordering racist !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:47 am

City64 wrote:Catch the Sun today !!!!!!

Full of hate for us and Raheem . Headline “No class” and they even print the final score at 5-0 !!!!!

Great day to have slimy RAG Martin Lipton reviewing the papers on Big Al's TS show. Horrible cunt
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 am

City64 wrote:Catch the Sun today !!!!!!

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 am

What's the story with Jose's mouth in that pic? Has he had a stroke?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am

Remember this face - Matthew Syed - pretty easy given how ugly he is - A Champion of Fair Play
Thinks City supporters are vicious rats deserting a sinking ship
and likes copy/pasting German lies about the Arab-owned football clubs he hates (and promoting cycling drug cheats)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Outcast » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image

Remember this face - Matthew Syed - pretty easy given how ugly he is - A Champion of Fair Play
and likes copy/pasting German lies about the Arab-owned football clubs he hates (and promoting cycling drug cheats)

Thanks, that image just put me off my lunch
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Outcast wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Image

Thanks, that image just put me off my lunch

He's sucked one too many lemons and was left like that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum