Bendy On The Mendy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bendy On The Mendy?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Don't know him personally.

Add him on Twitter. You will then.

Can't be bothered, don't follow any footballers on Twitter, leave that to the kids.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The fun police are out in force I see.

Rubbish.

This lad is here since the summer of 2017 and has done the sum of sweet fuck all.
When he actually isn't injured and proves his worth in terms of the considerable fee paid, his salary and and his squad place, then he can crack as many shit jokes and act the fool as much as he wants.
Until he proves himself he should shut the fuck up concentrate on being a professional footballer.
He has a lot to do this lad, an awful lot.

PS now I hear out for another 10 weeks, yes TEN.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Fucking hell, you're a savage bunch. It's not like the lad gets injured on purpose!

I do agree that his social media persona is annoying as fuck and that his been a bit of a liability defensively this season, but wishing that he stays injured is taking it a bit far. I hope he will get fit again as soon as possible and that he can find that Monaco form again (he does show glimpses of it every now and then).

If I'm honest, I didn't think he was a great fit for City when we bought him (not good enough on the ball), but he does seem to have improved this season, and plays the role if the inverted fullback really well also. Now he just needs to learn to keep his concentration and cut out the defensive lapses and general fuck ups.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 am

mr_nool wrote:Fucking hell, you're a savage bunch. It's not like the lad gets injured on purpose!

Hes missed 52 games for us since we signed him (FIFTY TWO GAMES )...................................hes a clown.

On a side note ...I hated this cunt when he came out with all this SHARK team shit in the very beginning!!!!..the fucking mong had only just signed for us and was already playing the buffoon...some fans, like forever ,were hooked line and sinkered by this fraud....not me ...hes a fuckign muppet imo.

The sooner he fucks off the better.

On a side note --- he will more than likely be picking up another few medals at the end of the season for doing the square root of sweet fuckall again.

Must be the most decorated player to have a career on SM and ot the actual football pitch.!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Fucking hell, you're a savage bunch. It's not like the lad gets injured on purpose!

Hes missed 52 games for us since we signed him (FIFTY TWO GAMES )...................................hes a clown.

On a side note ...I hated this cunt when he came out with all this SHARK team shit in the very beginning!!!!..the fucking mong had only just signed for us and was already playing the buffoon...some fans, like forever ,were hooked line and sinkered by this fraud....not me ...hes a fuckign muppet imo.

On a side note --- he will more than likely be picking up another few medals at the end of the season for doing the square root of sweet fuckall again.

Must be the most decorated player to have a career on SM and ot the actual football pitch.!!

I'm not hooked by anything, I just rarely bother with that side of things, I think it's bizarre that grown men do.

The injuries are infuriating but they're hardly his fault.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Delph is a better left-back than Mendy which is sad because Delph is a midfielder.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm not hooked by anything, I just rarely bother with that side of things, I think it's bizarre that grown men do.

The injuries are infuriating but they're hardly his fault.

Again, I don't want to defend him, but our defence was extremly solid with him in the first 11, allowing just a few goals and the best example is the games vs scouse with him starting vs without him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:01 pm

But you could argue that our defense hasnt missed a beat and isnt worse off without him right now.
So even if he appeared to help the defense early in the season its likely just not him because we still look comfortable in defense
Saul Goodman

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:33 am

The long and the short of it for me is that I prefer the shape of the team with Mendy out of it.
This is purely down to the fact that when he plays, Pep quite often drops Sane and puts Sterling on the left and plays Mahrez on the right.
Neither Mendy nor Mahrez do enough to justify this IMO.

Mendy is not a good enough left back, which is his first and foremost job, to justify having Sane dropped.
Give me Delph or Zinc any day. Neither of which, make twats of themselves on social media while missing more games than they play because of injury.

It would be amusing if he had actually done anything with us, but he hasn’t.

Just knuckle down Ben and cut the immature shit out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:55 am

I still think you’re all wrong and grumpy old men. He’s good for the squad morale and for a shit defender we never concede when he plays. Stop being such mard arses
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I still think you’re all wrong and grumpy old men. He’s good for the squad morale and for a shit defender we never concede when he plays. Stop being such mard arses

But we dont concede when he doesnt play either....so its not his doing either way.
Saul Goodman

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I still think you’re all wrong and grumpy old men. He’s good for the squad morale and for a shit defender we never concede when he plays. Stop being such mard arses

But we dont concede when he doesnt play either....so its not his doing either way.

If I stepped into the back 4 we’d concede, so calling him a rubbish defender isn’t accurate is it!
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

If I stepped into the back 4 we’d concede, so calling him a rubbish defender isn’t accurate is it!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

I didnt call him rubbish. I was pointing out that your assertion isnt a valid one. You can like him all you want but using the point that we didnt concede with him as a means of validating him only works if we start conceding without him...which we havent done.
Saul Goodman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

I didnt call him rubbish. I was pointing out that your assertion isnt a valid one. You can like him all you want but using the point that we didnt concede with him as a means of validating him only works if we start conceding without him...which we havent done.

He didn't use it as a means to validate him, he used it as a means to point out he's not a shit defender.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Silvestre was a shit defender but won a lot at United.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

He didn't use it as a means to validate him, he used it as a means to point out he's not a shit defender.

Hes been carried at the back....look how many fuckups hes done and see who gets him out of the shit
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Southampton and Spurs games were poor showings, apart from that he's been fine defensively, the odd error here or there but no more than anyone else.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Southampton and Spurs games were poor showings, apart from that he's been fine defensively, the odd error here or there but no more than anyone else.

A perfectly fair assessment. People need to realize there’s more than one way to skin a cat. If I’m blood and guts tackling and you don’t score that’s great. If I’m so dangerous going forward that you stay back and don’t score that’s also great.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Southampton and Spurs games were poor showings, apart from that he's been fine defensively, the odd error here or there but no more than anyone else.

A perfectly fair assessment. People need to realize there’s more than one way to skin a cat. If I’m blood and guts tackling and you don’t score that’s great. If I’m so dangerous going forward that you stay back and don’t score that’s also great.

not seen enough of him to know what he’s like on the field but he’s a bell end off it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum