Jesus

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jesus

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am

Need to get behind him as fans. He's show quality and scored some important goals for us (Southampton last season). Plus he's 21!

I know fans will be getting frustrated with him not scoring all the time, but he's not just a goalscorer like Serg. His movement drags defenders all over the show and allows Sanè and Sterling to get in to decent positions.

He'll come good.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Jesus

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 am

Agree.

Still think we need another striker tho. We are an injury away to sergio to relying on jesus for four competitions.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:24 am

Agree,

However looks like his made a step back in the last year. I remember his first 6 months here. Fantastic, but now he is far from that form. Of course he can't play in front of Sergio right now, but he will get his chance, no doubt.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 am

Too many people want to kick him. He's just about out of nappies, has already made a good contribution to the club and his link up play is better at 21 than Aguero for most of his career. He is in the best place to learn and flourish and if he went elsewhere we'd regret it in 8 years. I think we need the depth of another striker for sure but Jesus just needs time to develop and learn. Too many cunts are letting success go to their heads.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Alluded to this in the match thread after the game. He is an intelligent forward who makes selfless runs which drags the centre halves away from the danger zones, allowing our other forward players to make use of the space.

One important thing to note I believe is the way our goals are shared out. We aren’t reliant on one player like spuds and dippers are. Come the end of the season I fully expect to see Aguero, Jesus, Silva D, Silva B, Sterling, Sane, Mahrez and possibly KDB all score ten goals in all competitions. Most sides manage three at tops, four if they are very lucky. We could have eight. Thus if Jesus isn’t scoring, we have plenty of guys who will.

That said, it’s always nice when your forwards score as when all is said and done, that’s why they are there! But the lad is still very young and as it goes, I myself think he’s had a bit of a hangover from the World Cup so a bit of slack will be given from my house this season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:40 pm

I don't think he's playing 100% with confidence, maybe still wary of previous injuries. He's got bags of talent, he's still contributing to the team, I'm confident he'll bag the goals as long he continues to work hard and contribute to the team. Our system has no place for selfish individual minded players.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:09 pm

He's doing very well and exactly what the manager wants , his unselfish play has made Sergio have a rethink and realise that it is ok to actually pass the ball to a player in a better position.

He'll be great for us for many years.

He works tirelessly for the team.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 pm

His attitude and work rate are fantastic. It's only a matter of time before his luck changes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:08 pm

I like Jesus' all round play and his team spirit. He actually gets quite a few shots in but so many are too near the keeper. Kun on the other hand usually aims for the corner, some miss but the majority ones that don't are deadly. Jesus will learn.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 pm

I’m in no way wanting him gone, but right now for my money he’s just about our weakest squad member. The dip in replacing aguero with him is greater than any other sub we make.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not the type to go on a hate campaign over a player like quite a few have on here in recent times, but if I’m being honest he’s been poor pretty much all season. Not just the drying up of the goals, but his work rate has not been the same either. I can’t recall too much he did other than miss chances this weekend. Usually even when he’s not scoring he’s forcing defensive errors and helping us win the ball back.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I’m in no way wanting him gone, but right now for my money he’s just about our weakest squad member. The dip in replacing aguero with him is greater than any other sub we make.

Apart from when we have to play Danilo or Bravo?
Last edited by Mase on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I’m in no way wanting him gone, but right now for my money he’s just about our weakest squad member. The dip in replacing aguero with him is greater than any other sub we make.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not the type to go on a hate campaign over a player like quite a few have on here in recent times, but if I’m being honest he’s been poor pretty much all season. Not just the drying up of the goals, but his work rate has not been the same either. I can’t recall too much he did other than miss chances this weekend. Usually even when he’s not scoring he’s forcing defensive errors and helping us win the ball back.

He set Fernandinho up after good bit of skill to turn his man in the box, I don't have any issue with his general performance just needs to find that scoring touch again.

The dip is obviously there in individual ability between him and Aguero however when Jesus starts we don't score any less, the 3 goal average is maintained.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Mase wrote:

Apart from when we have to play Danilo or Bravo?

Bravo is injured so didn’t factor in my thoughts. Danilo replacing walker is far less of an issue for me. The only reason he normally looks average is because he comes into a side with 5-6 changes.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He set Fernandinho up after good bit of skill to turn his man in the box, I don't have any issue with his general performance just needs to find that scoring touch again.

The dip is obviously there in individual ability between him and Aguero however when Jesus starts we don't score any less, the 3 goal average is maintained.

You are right about that ball for fern. Lovely piece of skill.

The goals average is interesting. I’ve not looked but I feel like sane and sterling start with Jesus and they seem to love playing together and set each other up frequently.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Maybe he needs a partner. At the start of last season when he played in the 352 with Sergio he was very good. Liverpool game at home stands out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Once he learns to miss the keeper with his headers he'll be fine. Love his workrate.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:44 pm

He'll be fine. Still young and learning his trade. We've been spoiled having Kun, possibly the best striker ever to play in the PL. But I have every confidence the goals will return to compliment his clever movement and work rate..
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am

He didn't score, but I thought he was great. Intelligent and jinky and could have bagged himself a couple on another day.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 am

with his birthday coming up soon i have a feeling that he’ll rediscover his goal scoring touch
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:31 am

Jesus is fine as a squad player but he is not a replacement for Aguero in any shape or form.....we need to buy another stellar forward to replace him in the summer.
Aguero is a match winner...Jesus isn't.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum