otro

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

otro

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 pm

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 06666.html

football shit for the playstation generation...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: otro

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/otro-football-app-football-superstar-david-beckham-lionel-messi-a4006666.html

Went on there earlier having seen the bit in the Mendy thread, intrigued as to why the likes of Messi etc were getting involved............ I really don't get the point of it personally

As you say though i'm guessing my 14yr old lad will love it.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:55 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/otro-football-app-football-superstar-david-beckham-lionel-messi-a4006666.html

Went on there earlier having seen the bit in the Mendy thread, intrigued as to why the likes of Messi etc were getting involved............ I really don't get the point of it personally

As you say though i'm guessing my 14yr old lad will love it.

I give it 2 years max before it folds
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 am

bigblue - are you a fan of this?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:18 am

What does OTRO stand for?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:25 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What does OTRO stand for?

it means other in spanish

as a concept it stands for everything that is wrong in modern day football
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Fuck me you can moan.

I bet you reply to good morning with “not for the millions starving across the world it isn’t”
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Fuck me you can moan.

I bet you reply to good morning with “not for the millions starving across the world it isn’t”

presume you'll be subscribing then?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Fuck me you can moan.

presume you'll be subscribing then?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Cheers.

Kids will love this, my young lad will be pestering me to get it, I'll send him your way NT, to put him straight.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Cheers.

Kids will love this, my young lad will be pestering me to get it, I'll send him your way NT, to put him straight.

point him to the kids city app - more than enough on there and it’s free. on top of the £3.99/month otro want i’m pretty sure they will be pushing a shit load of advertising at the kids to make their business work. the lads they have signed up won’t have come cheaply!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:bigblue - are you a fan of this?

I fail to see how giving kids and other people more access to their heros can be a bad thing. Growing up, I would have gladly pay for something like this (and been overjoyed if it was given as a gift). I was a sponge for any info I could find about what the best players in the world did to get so good. It obviously didn't help too much though.

But how is this a bad thing? I'd certainly prefer my kid to hang out on OTRO and learn from professionals, than watch Netflix or play video games. Role models are important things in kids lives.

And it's a credit to Mendy and Jesus that they were picked to be a part of this. Since it shows they have the combination of skill and marketability that will attract people to the platform. And if people like what they see, we may gain a few additional City fans along the way. Free marketing for City's players is always good for the club. From a practical standpoint, how is this any different than Mendy or Jesus participating in an ad campaign or giving an interview to an online newspaper with a paywall?

You have to be miserable beyond imagination to complain about something like this. If you don't like it, don't download it or pay for it. Problem solved.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
But how is this a bad thing? I'd certainly prefer my kid to hang out on OTRO and learn from professionals, than watch Netflix or play video games. Role models are important things in kids lives.

Cantona is a role model?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Cuntona is a role model?

There you go Mase, i fixed it for you ;)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:bigblue - are you a fan of this?

I fail to see how giving kids and other people more access to their heros can be a bad thing. Growing up, I would have gladly pay for something like this (and been overjoyed if it was given as a gift). I was a sponge for any info I could find about what the best players in the world did to get so good. It obviously didn't help too much though.

And it's a credit to Mendy and Jesus that they were picked to be a part of this. Since it shows they have the combination of skill and marketability that will attract people to the platform. And if people like what they see, we may gain a few additional City fans along the way. Free marketing for City's players is always good for the club. From a practical standpoint, how is this any different than Mendy or Jesus participating in an ad campaign or giving an interview to an online newspaper with a paywall?

You have to be miserable beyond imagination to complain about something like this. If you don't like it, don't download it or pay for it. Problem solved.

it's only £50 a year will be your next line? wouldn't have been an issue for you growing up by the sound of it and good for you. sadly, the same can't be said for a lot of young city fans, especially in the manchester area. if these multimillionaire footballers were really serious about reaching out to their young fan base then there are plenty of other FREE mediums that they could have chosen - youtube, twitter, their own personal website. otro is simply a marketing vehicle designed to make them more money. i am actually disappointed that jesus (given his humble beginnings) and mendy (given his already large social media presence) have decided that the best way for them to reach out to their fans is through a subscription service. call me miserable all you like, in return i'll call you out of touch and naive....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:it's only £50 a year will be your next line? wouldn't have been an issue for you growing up by the sound of it and good for you. sadly, the same can't be said for a lot of young city fans, especially in the manchester area. if these multimillionaire footballers were really serious about reaching out to their young fan base then there are plenty of other FREE mediums that they could have chosen - youtube, twitter, their own personal website. otro is simply a marketing vehicle designed to make them more money. i am actually disappointed that jesus (given his humble beginnings) and mendy (given his already large social media presence) have decided that the best way for them to reach out to their fans is through a subscription service. call me miserable all you like, in return i'll call you out of touch and naive....

I don't know what you're going on about considering 20 years ago you'd have to buy a newspaper to read an interview with a player. Free content delivery has only come about in the last 10 years, and it's not a sustainable model for most platforms. Online ads don't cost what physical ads used to, so companies are experimenting with other business models (such as monthly subscriptions).

From the CEO of Otro:

Fans will be able to access much of that content for free, but for a US$3.99 per month subscription fee will gain unlimited access to a social community where they can share what they like, vote on polls and take part in quizzes with players, who have been pinned down to five-year contracts.

Most of the content is free. There are some extra things you can pay for.

Jesus has offered countless free interviews and will continue to do so. Just look at his Players Tribune article. But what kind of nonsense is it to say that because someone grew up poor, they cannot monetize their skills? And is Mendy stopping all of his social media postings to solely focus on Otro? Of course not. Is it free to watch Jesus and Mendy play? Unless you use an illegal stream, of course not. And City will continue to have a great social media and Youtube presence, delivering very good content for free.

You're full of shit as usual.

Like I said; if it bothers you, don't download the app or pay for the extra content. You got some serious fucking problems nige.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Cantona is a role model?

Of course you'd be the person to take one sentence out of context and think you've made a point. Fucking moron.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:11 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Cantona is a role model?

Of course you'd be the person to take one sentence out of context and think you've made a point. Fucking moron.

Name calling again because you can't communicate "Big" Blue
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:it's only £50 a year will be your next line? wouldn't have been an issue for you growing up by the sound of it and good for you. sadly, the same can't be said for a lot of young city fans, especially in the manchester area. if these multimillionaire footballers were really serious about reaching out to their young fan base then there are plenty of other FREE mediums that they could have chosen - youtube, twitter, their own personal website. otro is simply a marketing vehicle designed to make them more money. i am actually disappointed that jesus (given his humble beginnings) and mendy (given his already large social media presence) have decided that the best way for them to reach out to their fans is through a subscription service. call me miserable all you like, in return i'll call you out of touch and naive....

I don't know what you're going on about considering 20 years ago you'd have to buy a newspaper to read an interview with a player. Free content delivery has only come about in the last 10 years, and it's not a sustainable model for most platforms. Online ads don't cost what physical ads used to, so companies are experimenting with other business models (such as monthly subscriptions).

From the CEO of Otro:

Fans will be able to access much of that content for free, but for a US$3.99 per month subscription fee will gain unlimited access to a social community where they can share what they like, vote on polls and take part in quizzes with players, who have been pinned down to five-year contracts.

Most of the content is free. There are some extra things you can pay for.

Jesus has offered countless free interviews and will continue to do so. Just look at his Players Tribune article. But what kind of nonsense is it to say that because someone grew up poor, they cannot monetize their skills? And is Mendy stopping all of his social media postings to solely focus on Otro? Of course not. Is it free to watch Jesus and Mendy play? Unless you use an illegal stream, of course not. And City will continue to have a great social media and Youtube presence, delivering very good content for free.

You're full of shit as usual.

Like I said; if it bothers you, don't download the app or pay for the extra content. You got some serious fucking problems nige.

that quote from the ceo sums the whole thing up.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

that quote from the ceo sums the whole thing up.

That's really all you got in response?

So are you trying to imply that since Mendy and Jesus agreed to provide content for the next 5 years to this new football media company, they will not be giving free interviews and content as they have in the past? Do you have anything to back this up (like some type of exclusivity clause where they can't talk to other media outlets)?

Just talking complete nonsense as usual.

And from your earlier post:

Nigels Tackle wrote:point him to the kids city app - more than enough on there and it’s free. on top of the £3.99/month otro want i’m pretty sure they will be pushing a shit load of advertising at the kids to make their business work. the lads they have signed up won’t have come cheaply!

Have you turned on the TV or radio in the past 20 years? Have you ever been on the internet outside of this website? Have you walked down any city street? There is advertising (especially directed towards kids) everywhere. You've identified an existing problem. But going after this company (and 2 City players' affiliation with it), is a completely delusional attempt to solve it. You're like a depressed Don Quixote, except fighting some company named Otro instead of windmills. Pathetic.

And when tweedledee is posting shit, you can be sure tweedledum isn't far behind.

Mase wrote:Name calling again because you can't communicate "Big" Blue

So the resident idiot who takes pride in trolling other users is upset that he's called an idiot for posting idiotic things. Even more pathetic.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum