Welcome Leroy Sané

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Leroy Sané

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:31 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:

anyone got his ‘successful dribble’ stat?

Why is someone disputing he's good at it?

Who was disputing Adama isn't good at dribbling? From what I remember the facts were he's a player that come from the championship that can't get in the Wolves team that's beating a player that's supposed to be a good left back?

Genuine question, from what I saw of Adama against us he just used his pace to knock it passed Mendy and run on to it. Is that dribbling?

"Hahaha one of the best around at that"
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 am

I never answer the question when I'm wrong...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 am

Mase wrote:I never answer the question when I'm wrong...

Good for you
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 am

The lad is absolutely undroppable in the league right now imo. Hes got 5 in his last 5.
His pace is very dangerous and his attitude looks to have improved. He's also put in alot of good defensive work recently too.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:32 am

Saul Goodman wrote:The lad is absolutely undroppable in the league right now imo. Hes got 5 in his last 5.
His pace is very dangerous and his attitude looks to have improved. He's also put in alot of good defensive work recently too.

Both him and Sterling shouldn't be dropped.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:The lad is absolutely undroppable in the league right now imo. Hes got 5 in his last 5.

Absolutely correct. Although there is a huge difference between rest/rotation which is vital.
And dropping someone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 am

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Absolutely correct. Although there is a huge difference between rest/rotation which is vital.
And dropping someone.

Agreed. Start of the season Sanè was definitely dropped though - it wasn't rotation. Hopefully Pep has learnt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

And dropping someone.

Agreed. Start of the season Sanè was definitely dropped though - it wasn't rotation. Hopefully Pep has learnt.

Sane has learned, that's why his levels have gone up recently.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

And dropping someone.

Sane has learned, that's why his levels have gone up recently.

His levels have gone up from last season? What's Sanè learned?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

Who said anything about last season?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am

Mase wrote:

It looks like good management to me. Sané needed some time out of the lime light (he had some personal issues if I recall correctly) and came back all guns blazing. I hope Pep can help Jesus find his goal scoring boots as well. he's been playing reasonably well lately, but scoring goals is in his job description in the end.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:17 am

You have to wonder just how good he can be. Of all our players, IMO he has the highest ceiling. I am talking Messi & Ronaldo good. There are clearly a few issues in his game that needed to be worked on but the tough love shown by Pep has made him potentially one of the best players in the world.

My only concern is, does he have the aptitude to continue to develop as a player when there is no more Pep to drive him on?
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

It looks like good management to me. Sané needed some time out of the lime light (he had some personal issues if I recall correctly) and came back all guns blazing. I hope Pep can help Jesus find his goal scoring boots as well. he's been playing reasonably well lately, but scoring goals is in his job description in the end.

Sane is a better team player this year over last IMO. His tracking back and work rate have improved. He is getting into the box more. Saw a stat today that him and Sterling are the only players in the PL to average over 10 touches in the opposition penalty area per 90 minutes of play. Maybe he took a while to get over being overlooked for the German World Cup squad. Has he not also become a father lately? Perhaps he’s had a lot on his mind and it’s just taken him a while to get him game back, he’s still a very young man after all.

Not many finer sights than seeing him glide down the wing past defenders as if they are running in treacle and long may it continue
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

Why did he need time out of the limelight? Or is that your opinion? The personal issues were never confirmed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Who said anything about last season?

Me. But I did put a question mark after it, as if to say is that what you mean?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:27 am

Mase wrote:

You'd want to be careful with question marks around here, you'll get a fuckign bollocking off Shouty.

It wasn't what I meant, I meant recently as in the last month or so compared to the start of the season.

Similar to his previous two seasons, he started slowly and then kicked into gear.

Tough decision for Pep on Saturday, both him and Sterling are in flying form but Mahrez staked a claim last night with his goal and assist.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am

Mase wrote:

You'd want to be careful with question marks around here, you'll get a fuckign bollocking off Shouty.

It wasn't what I meant, I meant recently as in the last month or so compared to the start of the season.

Similar to his previous two seasons, he started slowly and then kicked into gear.

Tough decision for Pep on Saturday, both him and Sterling are in flying form but Mahrez staked a claim last night with his goal and assist.

It's a good conundrum to have.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

Why did he need time out of the limelight? Or is that your opinion? The personal issues were never confirmed.

Should have put in a "maybe" there. It's purely speculative.
There was plenty of gossip about him becoming a dad and his parents not condoning of the mother of the child paired with being left out of the Germany squad and all that. It's obviously all conjecture and there aren't any proofs, like most things we speculate about on here. The only "fact" is that he's on fire now.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm

edit: wrong thread
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Mase wrote:

And Mahrez has been gash? Of course, not, but I think they've all been very strong and deserve game time.

I think we have enough games for them to rotate around coming up, especially with Kun injured.

I suspect we will see Raz play some centre forward. I think Sane could play there, as he had a cameo in the preseason game against Liverpool in a 352/3511 formation with Mahrez and Bernardo behind him where he scored a goal, but he would have to keep his work rate high.

A headache I am sure Pep is mostly happy about right now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum