Welcome Bernardo Silva

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm

Did anyone see that kung fu kick to touch the ball with his toe and stopped one of the bindippers getting hold of it...could have been in trouble if he hadnt of got a touch to it.

Player of the match for me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23534
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Bear60 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Best game in a City shirt for him tonight fair play to him
Image
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm
Location: Oswestry
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Bear60 wrote:Best game in a City shirt for him tonight fair play to him


And only 24 years old
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 pm

He was like a mini Fernandhino but further up the pitch.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3906
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 pm

Absolutely awesome again tonight and what an engine he has got never stops running.
Not really here
User avatar
City64
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Did anyone see that kung fu kick to touch the ball with his toe and stopped one of the bindippers getting hold of it...could have been in trouble if he hadnt of got a touch to it.

Player of the match for me.


Yes Carl . did see it and confirmed the motm for me
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11865
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Mase wrote:I also caught him punching the air when we got a throw in. A fuckin throw in. That's how much he wanted it tonight.


Saw that also, fantastic, almost kissed the tv screen.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11790
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:30 pm

User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10551
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:52 pm

bigblue wrote:


little fucking legend
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Amazing stat.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18851
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 am

MOTM hands down. Superman aint got shit on Bernardo Silva, man was everywhere.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Image
Tru_Blu
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: BERMUDA!!
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:43 am

Everything you want as a fan in a player in one.

Future legend if he sticks around. Love him.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:57 am

But we all clearly don't know what we're talking about as Jamie Jackson rated his performance a 6.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... er-ratings

Gary Neville on the other hand was beyond full of praise for the performance.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 am

71% of the earth's surface is covered by water, the other 29% is covered by bernado silva
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:71% of the earth's surface is covered by water, the other 29% is covered by bernado silva



STOLE THIS MATE, TO PUT ON f/b
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:39 am
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:71% of the earth's surface is covered by water, the other 29% is covered by bernado silva



STOLE THIS MATE, TO PUT ON f/b


unofficial rumours are that he's still running!
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:33 pm

He simply has to play every big match right now. He works tirelessly with pressing and tracking back; his possession is incredible because his first touch is second to none; and he's creative enough to not just be a "worker" out there.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm

He celebrates every goal like it's the cup final winner. I love it.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22754
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm

I think it’s a little bit bittersweet how good he has become in a strange way. David Silva’s time with us as a regular starter will now probably end next year with Bernado in the middle. He simply has to play and develop into the focal point of the team. I know that this is the way of football, but it will be sad when Dave hangs up his boots. At least we have found a ready made replacement
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17484
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Welcome Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Agree with the above but I actually think he's better on the right wing cutting inside. He's been better there than centrally, in my opinion. It's also where he played so well for Monaco.
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 7 guests