Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:04 pm

This week Lawro is up against Strictly dancer Oti Mabuse, who is a dance captain on new BBC One show The Greatest Dancer.
"Growing up in South Africa my dad had a huge passion for soccer," Mabuse told BBC Sport. She doesn't pledge an allegiance to any team in particular so, lets see how she sees the game!

Lawro Says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46823759

City scored seven against Rotherham, nine against Burton - so I guess they will be going for 11 against Wolves.

Despite the return to form of Pep Guardiola's side, I think Wolves will go to Etihad Stadium in confident mood, especially because they gave the defending champions such a good game in a 1-1 draw at Molineux in August.

In the same way that Liverpool's last-gasp winner in the Merseyside derby definitely spurred them on the next few games, I really do feel that Sadio Mane hitting the post for the Reds against City has had a similar effect on Guardiola's side.

That game, which City won 2-1, was so finely balanced and if that Mane shot had gone in, I think Liverpool would have won it.

You only have to look at City's results in the two games they have played since then to see how much that result has lifted them, and I just see them kicking on now. The blip they had over Christmas seems a long time ago already.

Wolves, who are ninth, are looking good for a top-10 finish, and that is not just down to what we have seen from them in the first half of the season.

In the past their owners have always kicked on from a position of strength, which is the way to do it - and they looked to do that again when they tried to sign Tammy Abraham.

If they do stay in the top half that would be a really good first season back for them, and you could envisage them really building on that in the summer.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Oti's prediction: 2-1

Merson says

Merson was late getting his predictions in, but they have now arrived
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... redictions

City struggled at Wolves earlier in the season. Nuno Espirito Santo's side have done great, they've come up and had a real go. They have been an absolute credit to the Premier League. City look back in their groove after following up the win over Liverpool with emphatic cup victories over Rotherham and Burton. Those kind of games are dangerous because you can pick up bad habits in them, habits which a side of Wolves' calibre will punish. City have to be careful, but they should get the job done.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (H)

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Interestingly I see Lawro has put Scouse murdering bastards down for an away draw to Brighton!!!

Clearly trying to apply the same reverse phsycology trick i use when doing my predictions and it comes to our games........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Interestingly I see Lawro has put Scouse murdering bastards down for an away draw to Brighton!!!

Clearly trying to apply the same reverse phsycology trick i use when doing my predictions and it comes to our games........

yeah, Merson has them down to win 1-3 which is more likely
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:46 pm

I hope Lawro is correct , but I much prefer Oti.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Did anyone see DCs comments on the dippers game. Reckons if they don't win they don't win the league as all their momentum will have gone.

Only last week he said if we don't win the league has gone. Why do Sky employ him? Does he fill some special needs quota or something or care in the community?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I hope Lawro is correct , but I much prefer Oti.

I'm sure old Robinson C. would prefer the change too today.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Fucking lovin this CTID , proper top bollocks !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum