Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fernandhino has always got on with his job with no fuss , no media scandals and I consider him to be arguably just as important as David Silva has been for us.

This is why he wont play for Brazil's NT anymore - I wasn't aware and Im sure most City fans aren't aware either.

Fernandinho continues to be a curious absentee from Tite’s Brazil squads, having not featured for his country since last summer’s World Cup in Russia.

Despite being 33, Fernandinho continues to play at a very high level and is one of Pep Guardiola’s most important players – so why the apparent national team snub?

In an interview with SporTV in Brazil, Tite has revealed that he isn’t snubbing Fernandinho at all, but that Fernandinho wants to be left out of the squad for personal reasons.

It stems from the own goal the City midfielder scored against Belgium in the World Cup quarter finals, which contributed to the Selecao’s 2-1 defeat and exit from the World Cup.

His unfortunate own goal led to vile racist abuse and Fernandinho being called a ‘monkey’ among other things.

Fernandinho also received threats against himself and his family, one of the negative sides of social media where there is so much abuse. And Tite said this is why he has asked not to be summoned since.

“The first player I wanted to call (after the World Cup) was Fernandinho. The number one. He is an extraordinary player who plays a lot,” Tite told SporTV.

“But this cruelty came to his family and he promised them that he would not go back. I went to talk to him personally because the Brazilian team is very proud to have an athlete with such dignity and professionalism.

“I’m not stupid enough to summon an unhappy player. I hope he has light, I will support him a lot.”

Brazil’s loss has been Manchester City’s gain with the veteran performing exceptionally well this season, and his absence is currently being felt with no one else in the squad quite capable of playing the No. 6 role like Fernandinho.

Not enough coverage for me, makes me angry.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:38 pm

BBC have an article about how Crystal Palace "stormed" the Etihad. They don't have articles on the Chelsea loss. Weird.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:48 am

Mase wrote:BBC have an article about how Crystal Palace "stormed" the Etihad. They don't have articles on the Chelsea loss. Weird.

The BBC had a pic of the Sterling miss as their main pic after the Liecester win. Obviously they thought a missed pen was higher on their priorities than Zink scoring the finalr penalty, of the team celebrating at the end.

The Beeb's football dept has turned to Rag/Dipper central and cannot be trusted to be partial.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MUS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Imagine where we'd be right now if we managed to get one of Sanchez/Jorginho/Fred etc.

What annoys me is the blatant sabotage, anti-football employed by Utd (less so Chelsea as he had legitimate reasons to follow Sarri).
Imagine the outrage and horror if City had hijacked signings and thrown money at players that were never the clubs targets just to take them away from Liv/Utd.

I wonder when all the pundits are going to start complaining about how uncompetitive and boring the league is now that the greatest team in the universe is sitting so handsomely at the top of the table. We dominated for 12 months and it was made out as if we'd been winning the league for 9 years straight. Week after week we had to listen to half-hearted, passion-less and bitter compliments towards City's excellence so it's amusing to now hear these very same wankers talk about the bin dippers as if they've solved world hunger with their "brand of exciting, enthralling and wonderful football". I'm sorry but I've watched them a lot this season, and their brand of football would have got them nowhere were it not for some extremely lucky breaks in a number of games this season. They haven't blown teams away like City have been doing so consistently. They can't ride their luck all season and it's our job to make sure we don't lose another title to an inferior side.

We literally walk alone, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:44 pm

MUS wrote:Imagine where we'd be right now if we managed to get one of Sanchez/Jorginho/Fred etc.

What annoys me is the blatant sabotage, anti-football employed by Utd (less so Chelsea as he had legitimate reasons to follow Sarri).
Imagine the outrage and horror if City had hijacked signings and thrown money at players that were never the clubs targets just to take them away from Liv/Utd.

I wonder when all the pundits are going to start complaining about how uncompetitive and boring the league is now that the greatest team in the universe is sitting so handsomely at the top of the table. We dominated for 12 months and it was made out as if we'd been winning the league for 9 years straight. Week after week we had to listen to half-hearted, passion-less and bitter compliments towards City's excellence so it's amusing to now hear these very same wankers talk about the bin dippers as if they've solved world hunger with their "brand of exciting, enthralling and wonderful football". I'm sorry but I've watched them a lot this season, and their brand of football would have got them nowhere were it not for some extremely lucky breaks in a number of games this season. They haven't blown teams away like City have been doing so consistently. They can't ride their luck all season and it's our job to make sure we don't lose another title to an inferior side.

We literally walk alone, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Nice post , a pleasure to read !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:49 pm

This is a real wind up for our fans, timing wise and really shows how snide he is. Really shocking for a so-called respected journalist to write this stuff, imho.

He is either being daft knowing how loud he was about the Football Leeks stuff where he bashed our fans afterwards, and I also would not be shocked that he knows there is a real documentary being made about us with all of that information and other things to counter the Amazon one as another smear piece to point out "sportswashing" as he calls it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:26 pm

His name is Barney FFS :lol: :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bear60 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 am

Fuck in hell I have got a day off work today have just put talk shite on the radio . We might as well just let Liverpool have it now don’t know why we are even bothering to turn up ffs they are so Scouse orientated
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Bear60 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Gona ring them tomorrow and tell them to FUCK OFF
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Could turn out to be very good indeed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Bear60 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

Sky are fucking unbelievable still showing the Moldy Salad goal from last season ffs
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:57 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Could turn out to be very good indeed.

Can't ! Punctuate: too
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:53 am

Etihad atmosphere is getting a lot of plaudits - at least on Talksport and here at work!!

Personally I think Liverpool struggled to cope with it for the first hour (as well as the hard press)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Worth a 2 minute watch just for this line:

"That ball was 1.2cm, or the distance known by scientists as a steven gerrard slip, away from crossing the goal line"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTF-ChxqJ50
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Just watched BBC1 North West News

They got to the “Weekend Sports” all about Oldham yesterday. City didn’t even get a mention

F@@k the BBC
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:Etihad atmosphere is getting a lot of plaudits - at least on Talksport and here at work!!

Personally I think Liverpool struggled to cope with it for the first hour (as well as the hard press)

The atmosphere is only like that once every few years...the last time we had an atmosphere like that was against Hamburg (I think it was )

If it was a cauldron all the time we would never lose at home....ever.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Etihad atmosphere is getting a lot of plaudits - at least on Talksport and here at work!!

The atmosphere is only like that once every few years...the last time we had an atmosphere like that was against Hamburg (I think it was )

To be fair, it was great against Chelsea first home game of the season a few back. Problem is definitely on City's side with Showsec being bellends in my opinion
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

To be fair, it was great against Chelsea first home game of the season a few back. Problem is definitely on City's side with Showsec being bellends in my opinion

Hardly any Showsec this season apart from checking bags outside .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Hardly any Showsec this season apart from checking bags outside .

Probably why people have been allowed to stand more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:23 am

Derby was ok this season too. I was stood all game and lots of noise. We shouldn’t allow these stupid empty stadium, no atmosphere jabs from jealous wankers take any credence on here.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum