Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Bear60 wrote:Yaya on Sky tonight

Not sure if that's good or bad
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Is it his birthday soon?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 pm

he can fuck right off.
the thick cunt always seems to forget that there are permanent, easily accessible records of all the stupid things he’s said in the past.
all those great things he did for us ruined by things he said when he left. cunt.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:he can fuck right off.
the thick cunt always seems to forget that there are permanent, easily accessible records of all the stupid things he’s said in the past.
all those great things he did for us ruined by things he said when he left. cunt.

That about sums him up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:he can fuck right off.

to be fair he was quite complementary to City.

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 am

nottsblue wrote:Sky with Dermot Gallaher as the "referee expert" on the ref watch article on the app have come up with a new one. Apparently the Pogba foul wasn't a red card as he meant to go for the ball so it would be mean to send him off. Instead, it was a "high intensity yellow"

WTF

He said exactly what Redknapp said, near word for word. Let's not forget that Redknapp was retrospectively banned back then, even after receiving a yellow. If it was that bad back then, then it surely is now in these times of risk aversion.

The speed in which Redknapp was wheeled out during the game, milli-seconds after the challenge, said it all for me. He came on stammering away to get the point across, over-riding the commentary team. That was the fastest I've ever seen Sky try and brush something under the carpet and, by the looks of it, it's worked as nobody is really talking about it.

And, then, why not role out the Kompany challenge on The Diving Bastard, just to change the subject a little more. Maybe coincidental, but very inline with how the media choose the narrative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Sky with Dermot Gallaher as the "referee expert" on the ref watch article on the app have come up with a new one. Apparently the Pogba foul wasn't a red card as he meant to go for the ball so it would be mean to send him off. Instead, it was a "high intensity yellow"

WTF

He said exactly what Redknapp said, near word for word. Let's not forget that Redknapp was retrospectively banned back then, even after receiving a yellow. If it was that bad back then, then it surely is now in these times of risk aversion.

The speed in which Redknapp was wheeled out during the game, milli-seconds after the challenge, said it all for me. He came on stammering away to get the point across, over-riding the commentary team. That was the fastest I've ever seen Sky try and brush something under the carpet and, by the looks of it, it's worked as nobody is really talking about it.

And, then, why not role out the Kompany challenge on The Diving Bastard, just to change the subject a little more. Maybe coincidental, but very inline with how the media choose the narrative.

The same sky that turned down the volume during 6-1 and when Sergio scored to make it 2-1 at the swamp. Shelvey puts one on Pogba = Villain.

Pogba high late on the upper thigh of Ali, burried in a second. BENT !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm

From the BBC website for our goal tonight:

All it takes is about £160m of talent to combine to get the breakthrough! Kevin de Bruyne plays a sensational pass from the halfway line into the run of Riyad Mahrez, he stands up his man on the right wing and plays it back to Sergio Aguero inside the area, he just passes it first time across goal and into the back of the net.

Tiresome, predictable and hypocritical. You never read that when they are fawning over a Pogba/Martial/LuLu or Liverpool goal
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Dimples wrote:From the BBC website for our goal tonight:

All it takes is about £160m of talent to combine to get the breakthrough! Kevin de Bruyne plays a sensational pass from the halfway line into the run of Riyad Mahrez, he stands up his man on the right wing and plays it back to Sergio Aguero inside the area, he just passes it first time across goal and into the back of the net.

Tiresome, predictable and hypocritical. You never read that when they are fawning over a Pogba/Martial/LuLu or Liverpool goal

BBC Sport has become Rag Central since the new boss came in. It was always Red-centric but when they hire the Rag cunt to take over the sport media page then you know what agenda they have taken.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Interesting. Thought I'd watch the start of 'The Debate' on Sky has it showed a pic of Pep; thought it would be about how Pepnis taking all the cups seriously but, due to my stupidity, I was wrong. It revolved around how well Burton have done in the 2nd leg, which I have no issue with. They also had Kevin Phillips on their to sing their praises, as if an ex-player, but then you realise he isn't and is singing off a misinterpreted song sheet.

And no real mention of us, or Pep. I'm disappointed and Sky will lose another grand a year.

Can I ask, for those with Sky, is it worth it? I cannot stand the thought of funding them to employ the likes of RatBoy and Spitter, sounds like they should have their own superhero cartoon.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Our national broadcaster is a shameful nest of City-hating rats.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:15 pm

John Aldridge at his bitter best
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

God, he's such a sad individual, desperate to try and cling on to reflected glory.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

God, he's such a sad individual, desperate to try and cling on to reflected glory.

And where does that media pressure and delusional expectation come from John?

Sounds to me like him and quite a few of his cronies are a tad worried already.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Wouldn't get too bothered about it, just another in a long line of very bitter resentful haters. But I do think they are getting a bit worried. And rightly so.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:00 pm

I don't think that Dyche helped with his 'City could win everything' comment at weekend - the poor lambs. How much are those tickets for your last home game going for now - £6k last week......
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Said it before, Aldridge is possibly the very worst of the ex dippers. Has fuck all worthwhile to say and whines when he says it.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 am

And there you have it, the main German TV news program on ZDF recycles it's sports news every 30 minutes in the morning magazine, They get advertising from a Wealth investment firm who use Klopp as their "Face " (don't know why). Well they sneak in a reference that Schalke play City in the CL soon, followed by snippets from the Game last night at Newcastle. ( I still don't know why KdB was carded, the referee did not blow/hold his whistle up to indicate that all players must wait for the whistle and City didn't ask for it.).
Last sentence about the game last night is "Juergen Klopp's Liverpool can go seven points clear tonight". talk about Schadenfreude !
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 am

I was pretty shocked with Keown's comment last night, stating that we had been 'Financial doping'. Keown is a bloke who says what he sees so that comment came right out of the blue. Then to ask to Darke if it was OK to say that, to which he replied 'No', showed the animosity behind the scenes.

To openly say that about a club, possibly based on stolen material, was very odd. Keown, who is usually complementary about our football, let his neutral mask slip and showed his true colours, just like RatBoy has.

Could be of the reason is that I've taken a hard line with the likes of Sky and BT, cancelling 2 contracts in the last month, losing them approximately £1500.00 a year. The best thing for me was telling them the reason why and the response they gave.

Itt may not hurt them that much, but every little counts.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:14 am

zuricity wrote:And there you have it, the main German TV news program on ZDF recycles it's sports news every 30 minutes in the morning magazine, They get advertising from a Wealth investment firm who use Klopp as their "Face " (don't know why). Well they sneak in a reference that Schalke play City in the CL soon, followed by snippets from the Game last night at Newcastle. ( I still don't know why KdB was carded, the referee did not blow hold his whistle up to indicate that all players must wait for the whistle and City didn't ask for it.).
Las sentence about the game last night is "Juergen Klopp's Liverpool can go seven points clear tonight". talk about Schadenfreude !

He did
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum