***everton v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***everton v city official match thread***

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 am

salford city wrote:Just back from Goodison we were shite all over the pitch. I will take the three points but thought we were tired and slow. Everton were shite with all the high balls like a throwback to Moyes. Be interested to read the match thread timirrow. Loving the Rotterdam song hope it came out on the streams

Many years ago we would die for a win at places like Everton

Enjoy
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 am

john@staustell wrote:
salford city wrote:Just back from Goodison we were shite all over the pitch. I will take the three points but thought we were tired and slow. Everton were shite with all the high balls like a throwback to Moyes. Be interested to read the match thread timirrow. Loving the Rotterdam song hope it came out on the streams

Many years ago we would die for a win at places like Everton

Enjoy

I was probably at most of those games going back to the 80's I remember a Linekar hat-trick when he terrorised Nicky Reid.

Thought we were well off the pace but no surprise considering the amount of recent games. To come away with 3 points was the ask and we have done that so let's get the boys rested for a couple of days and look forward to Chelsea who will at least try to play football
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 am

That's an interesting observation. From watching on the television I didn't think it we were shite. Yes not 2017/18 levels, but shite? I thought we have played a lot worse in a good few of the games throughout December and January. The performance last night was a vastly improved on the performance at Newcastle, when we could be described as shite.
Thought Everton made a decent fist of it, for them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am

In terms of tiredness I said in another thread, I am seeing this in all teams. I wonder if it’s that time of the season taking its toll. I think it will be who manages it best. We’re in a good position with our squad.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

World Cup, short pre season, City have the squad. Scousers have
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Frankmanc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Ground out the result like Champions do . Job done .
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby budfox » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 pm

I thought it was a massive win. Everton are by no means garbage, and whilst they never looked dangerous, teams have been nicking goals from us.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 pm

I didn't think we were that bad (especially compared to the bad games and first Halfs we've had recently)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum