Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:25 am

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Forgot to add. I think finishing is a problem for Liverpool.

totally incorrect.

We'll see.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

mike dean is the ref for this weekend's game vs chelsea...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Forgot to add. I think finishing is a problem for Liverpool.

totally incorrect.

We'll see.

I think you misunderstood me. :D I mean they aren't making enough chances for finishing to be a problem for them . Well, if you exclude offside chances :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:43 pm

bigblue wrote:mike dean is the ref for this weekend's game vs chelsea...

guaranteed that he will brandish the 100th red card of his premier league career on sunday then
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

guaranteed that he will brandish the 100th red card of his premier league career on sunday then

Serious question - you saw the inexplicable (Well I can explain it ) no flag for offside , twice , and do you still think its just down to incompetence ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Serious question - you saw the inexplicable (Well I can explain it ) no flag for offside , twice , and do you still think its just down to incompetence ?

yes. look at the way the spastic lineman moved down the pitch because he was afraid of getting in lallana's way - it was ridiculously poor from him. he was more interested in looking back than looking along the line.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Delph on boxing day was one of 10 reds he's shown this season so far............
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

yes. look at the way the spastic lineman moved down the pitch because he was afraid of getting in lallana's way - it was ridiculously poor from him. he was more interested in looking back than looking along the line.

But hes fucking right there ffs !! (The last offside in injury time ) , staring right across the line !! no fucking way can he fuck that up...its actually impossible to get that wrong.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

But hes fucking right there ffs !! (The last offside in injury time ) , staring right across the line !! no fucking way can he fuck that up...its actually impossible to get that wrong.

he’s 2 metres ahead of milner (who was 2m offside) and was fucking looking at lallana, not across the line. he should’ve been sacked at half time.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:05 pm

If there's one smarmy faced git i can't stand it is Mike Dean , the send Sterling off in the dying seconds cnut . A useless ref by the way.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:15 pm

All of the focus being on Liverpool is going to work in our favor.

The PL cannot continue to keep giving them the dodgy calls in televised matches with a large global audience.
They could get away with it up to this but not anymore.
For example, the two off-sides last night are global talking points, everybody can see they are ridiculous decisions, not even close.
Pellers calling it out adds to the pressure on the PL, etc...

It will be to damaging for the PL if they continue to endorse that policy. The competition will lose any value. People are not blind.

Yet another reason to be happy that Liverpool are in the spotlight.
If we do our stuff (it will not be easy - Eve then Chelsea, etc...) Liverpool will stew in their own juices.

Footnote:
Liverpool have been awarded 5 penalties this season (most were crucial). We have been awarded 2. The Rags have been awarded 8.
Based on attacking possession in the box, we should be way ahead of both those teams for penalties awarded.

Go Figure.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 pm

I have a sympathy for Mike Dean

Before you all crucify me, this feeling towards him comes from 2011-2012, when he was at us vs Spurs, and he gave us a penner at 2-2 and Mario scored iced cold and, of course, the QPR game.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:34 pm

He reffed the rags on Sunday - caught the summariser on 5 live as I was driving to the game and he mentioned the Leicester manager, players and fans will all be having a go at him as he gave the scum EVERY decision. Even the rag-hoard-pandering beeb are mentioning shit like this now......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 am

Dimples wrote:All of the focus being on Liverpool is going to work in our favor.

The PL cannot continue to keep giving them the dodgy calls in televised matches with a large global audience.
They could get away with it up to this but not anymore.
For example, the two off-sides last night are global talking points, everybody can see they are ridiculous decisions, not even close.
Pellers calling it out adds to the pressure on the PL, etc...

It will be to damaging for the PL if they continue to endorse that policy. The competition will lose any value. People are not blind.

Yet another reason to be happy that Liverpool are in the spotlight.
If we do our stuff (it will not be easy - Eve then Chelsea, etc...) Liverpool will stew in their own juices.

Footnote:
Liverpool have been awarded 5 penalties this season (most were crucial). We have been awarded 2. The Rags have been awarded 8.
Based on attacking possession in the box, we should be way ahead of both those teams for penalties awarded.

Go Figure.

I'm surprised the rags got into the area that many times!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I've just realised who the liner was, Simon Beck, if the name is not familiar go back to the start of this thread.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I've just realised who the liner was, Simon Beck, if the name is not familiar go back to the start of this thread.

It stinks , it really fuckign does.

I have always said we need to score 2 or 3 goals to ensure we win otherwise we are fucked.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 am

That linesman in the first half last night seemed a bit overzealous, I'm sure at least 2 of his calls were on when we, or more specifically Sane was in great positions.

As for the ref, just one moment really stands out, the non call for Gundogan being clearly hauled down on the edge of the box.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:11 am

The 7 minutes extra time so they could equalise certainly backfired last night
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

I'm very sure Everton fans will be moaning like hell about him. That's a good sign.

How Fernandino got away with his smiling assassin bit for so long is one of life's mysteries!!

Don't knock it
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Wooders wrote:The 7 minutes extra time so they could equalise certainly backfired last night

7 minutes was easily warranted. Laporte was getting attention on the pitch for a good 3-4 minutes and there was also another collision with Ottamendi and the everton striker
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum