***city v chelsea official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v chelsea official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:43 am

Madness haha,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am

nottsblue wrote:Interestingly in his Post match conference Pep just laughed off the idea of pressure saying him and the players are in highly privileged positions and pressure is something people in far worse off conditions feel. He then said we try our hardest for the league and if we win, then great, and if we don’t we try our hardest next year.

Outwardly he looks cool as a cucumber, compare and contrast with the antics of a Klopp at the final whistle yesterday and in his interview after the game

Joe Royle said much the same. At the other end of the table
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 am

bluemoon wrote:That was a surreal opening, I can't remember the last time a team came here and controlled the ball as Chelsea did for the first 2mins and then for us to switch it on like we did was simply breath taking. those next 20mins gave me a better high than my pre-match dooby!

The 15mins that followed the 4th were a tad frustrating, and I felt Chelsea looked the better team in that period because, which didn't help with our surprisingly shit ball retention in that period. Thankfully normal service resumed and we got a solid second half. Good atmosphere again today.

Brilliant 7 days for us and we're starting to look like the machine of last season. Obliterating the GD in the manner we did today must be very disheartening for the Scousers.

It's easy to look good when 4-0 down.

Second half they were just knackered. As pointed out by G Neville Pep's usual plan to wear down the other team was greatly aided by Sarri's hare-brained suicidal scheme to chase our players like loons without ever reaching the ball. Stupid to go toe to toe with us
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 pm

I think what added a bit of spice yesterday was the fact that we blew the game at Stamford Bridge earlier this season - that bit of doubt about Chelsea being a good team . Absolutely brilliant perfomance yesterday and little Bernardo is a joy to watch . I love the way he poaches the ball off the opposition.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm

john@staustell wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Interestingly in his Post match conference Pep just laughed off the idea of pressure saying him and the players are in highly privileged positions and pressure is something people in far worse off conditions feel. He then said we try our hardest for the league and if we win, then great, and if we don’t we try our hardest next year.

Outwardly he looks cool as a cucumber, compare and contrast with the antics of a Klopp at the final whistle yesterday and in his interview after the game

So did Mike Bassett.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Slim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

So did Mike Bassett.

at least he played FUCKING 4-4-2
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum